CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fubar

CNC and Origin Ra2/YR setup under MBP16 Bootcamp

Question

Trying to setup Origin RA2/YR on a new Macbook Pro 16".  Downloaded the software from Origin, installed latest YR CNC5 installer.  The new MBP16 has a Radeon Pro 5300M.  Following the issues I experienced:

1. Using Origin, I can start the program but I see the application only on around 1/9 of the display on the top left side of the MBP16 display - the rest is black and obviously the game cannot be payed due to the small resolution.  Tried to look for solutions, changed to the latest ddraw.ddl I could find - no change

2. Using CNC, I can set it up but I cannot run it in a full display mode .  The main screen shows in around 2/3 of the display and does not scale / stretch at all.  When running a skirmish, the game display is slightly bigger than the one I experience in point 1. above but only slightly and I cannot play it due to display/resolution limitations.

Wonder if there is a specific Radeon setup I should use or any fixes that I should use to have a working game.

Thanks in advance

Fubar

Edited by fubar

1 answer to this question

Found the solution.  Need to update to the new AMD Adrenaline drivers Jan 2020.  Once updated, the game works

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rocker47
      Hello. There was a problem when starting the game RA2/YR via CnCnet 5. When the network game starts, it writes an error: "If you enabled no-CD make sure the files "multimd.mix" and "mapsmd3.mix" are in the game install folder, they're usually located on the CD". But I already have these files in the game. Build the game RA2/YR from RA2.IN. What should I do?

• By Jesse_Baby
      So, I added some Yuri laser statues on the Bay of pigs map (my favorite) but I cannot figure out how to adjust the settings to make them able to be captured. I know you can in single player, but I cannot adjust them to do such in multiplayer. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    • By eliteplayer
      [AM 01:31] ERROR :Closing Link: Elite_Game_ by NuclearFallout.WA.US.GameSurge.net (Excess Flood)
      please Cncnet admin repair this bug , i can't happy play this game(YRcncnet)
    • By [FG9]
      Hi
      i need  help pls to fix frozen chat and frind list problem. I can see only 17  from 1133 players.

• By AZOZ
      EVERY TIME I UPDATE YURI REVENGE IN CNCET IS SUDDENLY STOPS AT SOME RANDOM PERCENTEG AND I CANNOT UPDATE AND IF U THINK ITS MY ANTIVIRUS WILL NO MY ANTIVIRUS DIDNT RECONGNIZE ANY OF THE FILES AS HARMEFUL I TRYED EVERY THING I DELETED CNCE TAND DOWLOADED IT I DELETED RED ALERT YURI REVENGE 2 TIMESS AND IT DIDNT WORK I DOWLOADED IT IN ANOTHER DRIVE AND IT DIDNT WORK.
      PLEASE IF U HAVE A FIX PLEASE HELP ME