harv bombs

Weaponx

I don't understand why people whine about harv bombs, its a tactic and its viable.

Further more its expensive for a single harv bomb attack.

Terrace example:

Harv cost you 1400,-

the time to collect blue tib and send it to enemy, you lose roughly 2000.- it could have collected (green tib).

So sending a harv bomb really cost you around 3400,- and its easy to fail with it. Kill it with units before it reaches, or hijack it.

That said control your units and defenses so it doesn't blow, it aint that hard?

Edited by Weaponx
  • Confused 1

Because they’re very difficult or impossible to counter early game and it’s over powered to be able to destroy a war/ref with a single harvester. 

1% reduction in damage so it doesn’t full kill ref war makes way more sense. 

Its also a cheap and annoying tactic in general.

Edited by Black

As mentioned above, they're very difficult/impossible depending on the bo to stop them early enough in the game, as mobile units would need to meet them outside the base to prevent them from destroying half of someone's base. It's very easy for the person using the harv bomb to do a bo that allows for the loss of however many harvs to use as harv bombs without affecting their econ much. They can literally be made and sent to an opponent as soon as they have their first ref.... that's impossible to keep outside of your base without going 1 ref mech units or spamming rpgs. If they're not kept out, the player falling victim to them will have one/two main buildings destroyed, or a ton of smaller buildings. In short- it's overpowered and cheap. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

They are too powerful and have a disproportionate effect that goes beyond simply destroying buildings. They mean you cannot put units on guard and any unit built from a war factory or barracks will automatically start attacking it, even when using a waypoint. They are very hard to counter as GDI, at least as NOD you can high-jack them. They can also cause significant damage to units that destroy them. They do provide an interesting element to 2v2s when one player gets KO'd etc but it can be incredibly frustrating to out play someone, only to get KO'd in return by harv bombs which require next to no skill to use. 

I personally don't like them but I am not going to stop playing the game because of them. 

You all Sound like a brunch of newbs.

if a person sends a harv bomb early don’t kill it? Let it drive in and turn offline your RPGs and bunk defence, control your inf? 

the fact is who ever sends it early will be behind econ wise, and what is early ? 

if I can manage it you can to, but the majority went to bunk so in my eyes you are asking for it.

by the time I send subs often it’s 4 ref war rader  tech and a harv bomb, that is not early at all.

like I said my econ is down while you have been getting cash and making def, 1 harv bomb is equal 4x titans.

its a tactic and part of the game, I find the hypocrisy funny that it’s “ok” as long as it is end the endgame, which leads to a wash or so, but early it is not because people can’t defend it.

I send harv bombs and even if its a success I’m often behind, people just have to learn to force fire units to avoid blowing it up, 

skilled people like humble can make harv bomb avoid blowing up a war factory, maybe you not in that level ? 

as for blowing more then one building, why build so close to each other it blows up 2? You asking for it.

end of the day it’s a part of the game and a viable strategy, yeah people use it on me to and sometime it k.o my shit, that’s just the game.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Confused 1

I just played tiger to test out a fast harv bomb bo terrace*.

1 Ref collect blue tib asap, and send. He managed to kill it with inf and 1 RPG and it didnt do anything except put me behind? Perhaps you should get some tips on scouting and anti harv bomb from him? lol.

So "its not possible" is a bunch of crap, and he did basic 3-4 ref inf + 1 rpg.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

There is nothing more to say on this, you clearly have your mind made up and made this topic to fight with people rather than actually see peoples' perspectives. Everything I've said remains valid and won't bother with this circular discussion anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, c0rpsmakr said:

There is nothing more to say on this, you clearly have your mind made up and made this topic to fight with people rather than actually see peoples' perspectives. Everything I've said remains valid and won't bother with this circular discussion anymore.

You just ignore the arguments. If you dont like harv bombs, you can select harvester truce. You do not, therefore you accept harv bombs. But then to cry about it, is confusing. :P

• Like 2

You clearly dont want to understand the point of the topic, and you have no valid points. Ive proven 1) harv bomb can be stopped anytime even from 1st ref, 2) it actually cost alot and effect the players econ.  So that you do not want to understand this, is not my problem. 

I am not arguing with anyone, i just lined out the flaws in the "harv bombs cant be stopped" logic.

It comes down to scouting and sending units out to stop  a harv bomb, controlling your defense and units, and building placement.

That said, harv bomb is still a valid tactic and will remain a part of the game.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Confused 1

Mola, is there really any point in arguing about something in which nothing is ever going to be done about? Harvester bombs will never be nerfed so just be happy that you can get away with a cheap tactic that doesn’t require a 3rd party program like your old school cheap tactics. 

Just because it’s legal doesn’t make it right. It’s something that definitely would have been updated in a balance patch if the game had continued to be supported. But since that is merely logical speculation and totally never seeing the light of day. Just have your opinion that 99% of players disagree with.

• Haha 1

By cheap he means low blow or dirty tactics.

I don't mind them being used but I do think they are overpowered and not as easy as to defend as you claim. People will always moan about them, if you don't like the moaning, don't use them, I wouldn't mind if you stopped! :D ❤️

• Haha 1

I use them tactical, mostly to distract, while i combine it with attacks. Mostly they dont get anything but kill inf :) If you notice people who bunk hard are the ones i send it to 9/10 times. But its same as end game where a k.oed player sends harv bombs, trying to get a "wash" or often gets a wash like this. 

Cant stop using my “trademark” or signature move ! Haha  ;)

*Oh and cheap is people who cry about harv bombs and then as gdi goes 1 ref apc engs on a smaller map.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:11 PM, Weaponx said:

I use them tactical, mostly to distract, while i combine it with attacks. Mostly they dont get anything but kill inf :) If you notice people who bunk hard are the ones i send it to 9/10 times. But its same as end game where a k.oed player sends harv bombs, trying to get a "wash" or often gets a wash like this. 

Cant stop using my “trademark” or signature move ! Haha  ;)

*Oh and cheap is people who cry about harv bombs and then as gdi goes 1 ref apc engs on a smaller map.

So in other word for players like me who r eager to improve..   This should be applied.

The only prob with harv bombs that i found was that even if u give a rally point from a warf..   those titans will come back to shoot it and its pretty hard to stop   unless u make a spare warf...    Moreover even if u say that harv bombs put u back.   then ...   Speak of what it does to other players when it takes 2000$ to make a warf/ref and 1400$ for a harvy...   It also retards their eco

BTW its a good yet rare technique

7 hours ago, |Noob| said:

So in other word for players like me who r eager to improve..   This should be applied.

The only prob with harv bombs that i found was that even if u give a rally point from a warf..   those titans will come back to shoot it and its pretty hard to stop   unless u make a spare warf...    Moreover even if u say that harv bombs put u back.   then ...   Speak of what it does to other players when it takes 2000$ to make a warf/ref and 1400$ for a harvy...   It also retards their eco

BTW its a good yet rare technique

Keep an eye on your war and force fire units when they come out? Thats what i do, and there is another technique where even if it blows it leaves 1 bar on war ;)

The time it takes to fill and drive to enemy cost you 3400 (in this time the enemy harv have collected 2000), so if they lose a war or ref for 2000, you are still set back.  But good players can avoid blowing it, or making a spare and selling the old one while killing the harv,  even blow it before it reaches you. Mostly players who have 3-4 rpgs titans and units and lack control lose refs / buildings to harv bombs, also bad placement.  So if you want to bunk hard, deal with the consequence of a harv bomb. 

I really thinks its funny that players who harv hunt 30min each game, cant deal with a single harv bomb. Its hilarious.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Weaponx said:

The time it takes to fill and drive to enemy cost you 3400 (in this time the enemy harv have collected 2000), so if they lose a war or ref for 2000, you are still set back. 

it takes 1400 for a harv and also u eat others expan tib 

so the blue tib doesn't even counts

• Haha 1

No it doesnt effect the other player even you take it from their patch, which no ones does anyway.

1) its easier to see the harv and kill it asap.

2) They havent expand yet so it doesnt effect their econ.

Sending a harv bomb does not effect enemty player econ at al.

Edited by Weaponx

On 1/30/2020 at 3:55 AM, Hungry Mike said:

Its simple: It isnt forbidden, it isnt a bug or cheat, therefore it is allowed. You agreed on the terms by not putting harvester truce on BEFORE the game. The same people who complain about that use quing disses, sub bugs, and so on. Its just not nice, when Nod gets better. And i have to say: WeaponX showed in the last 2 months, that he is for now the best and can wreck any GDI.

feel free to play as you like, some of us have decided to play without them,  some consensus on this one.  I was merciless with them before, but I like the game without them and engrs.  Suit yourself. My house rules at least.  Some respect that.  :)

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, amokk said:

not angry at all I understand that was not clear.   Sorry that It wasn't.   

your engrs eat concrete and steel?  that sounds awfully tough on the digestive system

They get no food! Shame on me! xD

Edited by Hungry Mike