Tier Ranks

Punkernfg

Just a bit of an idea here, more of a brainstorm

What if we did a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly ranking among the TS players (obviously I know the ladder is apparent, but not everyone plays it, and more games played may not always equal higher skill). Some sort of poll that people can rank on and see if they are improving against the competition. Green arrows and red arrows showing where they are among the community. It's a way for the community to come together and rate each other based on their skill. Thoughts? Like i said, just a quick brainstorm idea. It's an incentive to continue playing in hopes of that little green arrow moving up a rank. Let me know what everyone thinks. It can be as easy as a thread in a forum updated weekly 

4 hours ago, Punkernfg said:

Just a bit of an idea here, more of a brainstorm

What if we did a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly ranking among the TS players (obviously I know the ladder is apparent, but not everyone plays it, and more games played may not always equal higher skill). Some sort of poll that people can rank on and see if they are improving against the competition. Green arrows and red arrows showing where they are among the community. It's a way for the community to come together and rate each other based on their skill. Thoughts? Like i said, just a quick brainstorm idea. It's an incentive to continue playing in hopes of that little green arrow moving up a rank. Let me know what everyone thinks. It can be as easy as a thread in a forum updated weekly 

In theory this works. In reality it doesn't with this community.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Fine Cigar said:

In theory this works. In reality it doesn't with this community.

I mean, it requires effort from someone who is both unbiased and knows what they're talking about. And has a positive respectable standing with both the player base and the the leadership team. Good luck with all that.

19 minutes ago, Grant said:

I could be wrong but don't the YR guys in their discord channel do this? 

Could be a good idea to do it through discord roles. Unfortunately the vast majority of TS players are scared/allergic to discord/voice chat.

7 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

If you would want to take on something like this yourself, Punker, you would just need to be ready for the onslaught of flaming that would ensue. On another game with a less toxic community, yes, this could be a fun idea.

Corps I don’t think you have much experience with other games (I could be wrong?). As weird as TS players are the toxicity is pretty mild by comparison to any other game I’ve ever played besides MMORPGS.

• Like 2

Toxic community? What a bunch of utter nonsense. 

I dint really see any at all. We have some players who get annoyed, angry and talk trash when they lose, or cry about game mechanics like harv bombs etc, but end of the day we still play each other when every have cool down.  There is no real Hatred.... 

Yes we may dislike a player, I can name a few I dislike,  but I’ll still play with them.

toxic community in ts ? Nope. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, amokk said:

you already do it.

arent you tired of dickwaving? lay them out to measure?

if i see another  "who's the best player"   I will puke....

lol blah blah blah.........

Ok boomer,

@mola, there are defiantly toxic players. But a lot of people confuse getting called out for their lazy game play as being toxic.

Just because I’m trying hard and get upset that my partner/s didn’t bother to perform basic common knowledge short game meta doesn’t make me toxic for suggesting they pay attention and execute the basics. 

In fact, I’d argue that the people who refuse to do what’s required with early infantry and expect their partner to deal with doubles and not call them out for it as more toxic than the former.

But really, outside of battilized, and recently finecigar I can’t think of anyone who is particularly abusive whom isn’t already chat banned for it.

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 11:24 PM, c0rpsmakr said:

On another game with a less toxic community,

Lol compare it to RA1, RA2 or TD. Enough said! TS is like a Italian Western Movie: Anyone just wants the gold, the win; no personal hate, professional respect for each other, but it gets heated, when the gold is near... We have shit talks all the time, but then ppl are willing to forgive all the time. So i like the community!

Meanwhile, on RA1 they hate each other so badly, insult each other, and so on. I mean: Look at the lobby!

In TD, you cant even be a pro, its a crime lol. They constantly 3vs1 you in ffa, take neutral buildings, blame you, dont respect your success, and so on. Sadly, Mike Pence STILL wins like a machine in TD. :D 

To Ammokk: Its only fun to tier people. I am boss in TD, and i want to be middle class in TS.

• Like 1

lol @ all these replies directed at my response to PUNKER. There's hatred spewed and ignorance in abundance that just pours over the forum and in game. Just because it's not AS MUCH as other games, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist in surplus here. I could go through so many forums and game chats and quote everyone who decided to address me (which is unnecessary considering my post was directed at Punker), saying extremely foul things about one player or another, and not even referring to game play. The amount of foul things said about others' personal situations, whether its their children, a substance abuse situation, racism, relationship issues, or other assumed personal information is demonstrated every single day excessively. Now I honestly don't care, since words from idiots on a computer game have 0 effect on my life, but there many players who actually do and want to make friends online, and get discouraged because of this reason. 

But to make this actually relevant to the topic, if you want to make another player analysis-type thing Punker, go for it, but 1. The player pool is increasingly small as it is, and 2. You'll have to ignore the people that will be quick to start arguments in what could be a productive effort ?

TS is pretty much toxic last time I played. People complaining and reporting about hacks, people cheating the ladder when it was still a thing, new players getting kicked in every single game, and all these things led to a toxic fight in the community.

Other C&C game community also have toxicity problems like trash talking, banning or dodging you if you're too good, bans certain tactics and will flame you if they don't like how you beat them... - pretty much all of this exist in the TS community. We still have people hating each other, but some of them had forgiven since it's a small community and they're forced to be nice if they ever want to play.

I want to rank some players in a fun way (anyone knows the game Heroes of Might and Magic III?) XD Here it is :D :  (And theres no order within a tier)

OFF    DEF  MACRO  MICRO  TEAM  INF  DISS/CC/ENGI  TIT/TANK  CRAZYSTUFF MOD  CHARACTER/SPECIALTIES

Level 7 Creatures

Mola            10       9        10            9            10      10           10                        9                   9            9            Surgeon: Precise attacks on critical buildings, CC, Engies

Tigerr          10       7         9              9            10      9              10                       10                 5             8            1-Diss-Killer, Diss

TopRush     10       8        10            9            10       9             10                        9                   5             7            1-Diss-Killer, Diss

Zenetusk.  10    10            10         10          10       10           10                         10               5             7             Old Lord of TS, Mammuth

Trz               8     10        10              8            9        8              10                        9                   7             8            Solid, comebackexpert, engies/sub

Humble      8      10       10             9            7         9              10                         10                7             9             Solid

Level 6 Creatures

Trooper     5      10       9                8            7         8              9                           10               5               9             Tanker, Rpgs

NME          8       7        10             7           10        10           9                            7                 10                6          Complete Player, Tick tanks, Engies, Arnolds

Energy       7        8        8              7           9           8             7                             8                6               ?              Complete Player, rusty, engineer/sub

Corpsm.   8       10      9              10          1          10           9                              8                6               8              Ego-Trip, micro expert; naders

Cambria   7       9       9                7           8          8              9                              9               6                ?              Old-school, solid

Hitman    9      8       9                8           9         9             9                              8               9              10              Solid, Comebackexpert, disses

Honda      7       9       9                 7           8          7              8                              9               6                8             Solid

Rich          8      8       9                7            7          7              9                              8                6                7             Fast-and-furious, engineers/sub

Black        8     10     9                8            6          9              7                             10               5                9              Fast-and-furious, Titans 

Level 5 Creatures     

OFF DEF     MACRO  MICRO  TEAM     INF     DISS/ENGI/CC TIT/TANK    CRAZYSTUFF MOD

Rob         7      5              8                 5          7            6             8                               7                 8               7                Troll, all-or-nothing attacks, disses

Mjvd       5      8              7                 6            5            7            5                                8                5                6               Bunkerer, roket men

Mammy  5    6               6                 7             6          8             6                                5                 7               4                Shittalker,  comebackexpert, naders

Dazi         7    5                7                6             8           7             6                               7                 5                  3             Christmasplayer, disses

MikeP     8      4              4                9            7           9              8                            5                10             10              Rusher, weak def; Arnolds, CC

Firestar  8     4               6                7            7           5             9                             5                  7             10               Rusher, Modder, weak def, Disses 

Cabal     5     8              7                6             6            7            5                             7                  6               8                Tanker, Banshees

Level  4 Creatures

Wonder 5   4               6                4            6          6                4                              6                  4            6                  

DGT      6    4               6                4           7           6                5                             5                   8            6                 Shittalker, light infantery

• Like 3

18 hours ago, ore_truck said:

TS is pretty much toxic last time I played. People complaining and reporting about hacks, people cheating the ladder when it was still a thing, new players getting kicked in every single game, and all these things led to a toxic fight in the community.

Other C&C game community also have toxicity problems like trash talking, banning or dodging you if you're too good, bans certain tactics and will flame you if they don't like how you beat them... - pretty much all of this exist in the TS community. We still have people hating each other, but some of them had forgiven since it's a small community and they're forced to be nice if they ever want to play.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it toxic. 

How is getting cheated and complaining about it toxic?

Cheating is a major problem in all games,sports,activities. It’s human nature for a large portion of the population.

How is it toxic to kick new players? There is no way to give a handi cap to balance skill levels, playing unbalanced games is a waste of time, New players almost always lag the game, and Probably 1% of the new players I’ve ever run into are willing to listen and comprehend basic human communication. It’s not toxic to avoid wasting your time. If you want to play with us take a second to insure you don’t lag, speak with us before hand and let us know you had the wherewithal to adjust settings and test them out prior to joining our game and that then prove your capable of listening, following instructions, are interested In learning, etc.   if you can show that you have the functionality to get on discord you will show competence and ability beyond 99.9% of TS players new and old. Don’t just join the game, have a sky high ping, Not say a word to anyway, and then get mad when you are kicked.

TS is mild, and the biggest mouths are obviously heard the loudest. There are only a few people that truly embarrass me as members of the community. Spend 5 minutes on EU-main server on RUST then come talk to me about toxicity on TS. Spend 5 minutes on a counter strike GO reddit, spend 5 minutes on a fortnite YouTube video etc. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ore_truck said:

new players getting kicked in every single game

new players are welcome in my games. We were all new once.

and if we just shit on them, why would they continue to play?

I understand wanting good players in a game, nothing wrong with that.

but like anything there is a kind way and a a$$h%*e way to interact with other human beings.

I have 2 lists Hungry Mike

cool chill kind and fun to play with and one with all the a$$h%*es

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, amokk said:

I have 2 lists Hungry Mike

cool chill kind and fun to play with and one with all the a$$h%*es

Well, i wonder whos in your 2nd list. Given the fact, that you banned me for winning lol.

Its simple: Black is right. Its not fair for the other player to plant a noob in his team. Its wasting his life time. Noobs should go to the normal process: Play Giants, learn the basics, then go to open map games like GSO and spec elite games, get better, and then join the force lol.

19 hours ago, Hungry Mike said:

Cambria   7       9       9                7           8          8              9                              9               6                ?              Old-school, solid

no shit mike Cambria AKA Netteine is much underrated

he is the current best player and u give him off. 7?

Level 5 Creatures     

i used to be on that list probably

Level  4 Creatures

blue?? gohan??

I do appreciate the work u did

keep it up

GL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1