CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

hello everyone

i brought c&c red ale (two disk set) and i am running windows 10 x64 cant seem to get it to install. can anyone point me in the right direction with a link to a how to

thanks in advance

2 answers to this question

If you are talking about RA1 I don't think they can be installed from the disc as I think the installer is 16bit program that isn't supported on Win 10. The good news is that RA1 is free and you can go to the top of the page where it says Download and get RA1 with all of the community patches to play RA1 on Win 10.

Posted (edited)

sorry about the typo in the op. i was wanting to play red alert(2). the sequel to command conquer

Edited by dayshaddow

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cap^
      Hey! I hope this is the right place for my question;
      I started to play around with settings of a given tower defense map, but I could not find the description of these settings in the rules .ini(or I have missed it?!) so if you'd know, please let me know how do they work in the comments. I managed to figure out how to increase building speed, and the unit count of each wave, but I couldn't figure how to set frequency, wave count and so on. These are these setting (map name is: "TD 4.2 PRO FULL VERSION"):

I figured that the first number after the unit type sets the number of units each wave, but for example wave 1 has 30 waves, and I have no idea what sets that. Big thanks in advance!

• By Genio
      Another day another question...

How many triggers and teams can be created in one map?

I created a map witch crashes whenever I want to start it... I can't find any mistake. Maybe there are simply to many triggers for the system? (More than 100)

Thanks for your help!
    • By bennyutzer
      i was just playing a 1v1 in red alert 1 (CNC Remastered), and witnessed something that really stunned me. i soviet rocket submarine fired on one of my turret guns from, what seemed to me, an impossible range. i added a screenshot for clarification. maybe someone can take a look at the replay and tell me what they think.
      i have played this game for a while now (in the remastered iteration), and have my share of experience with rocket submarines (quite a pain in the ass). but i have never seen any of them take a shot from such a range. when i watched it happen, my eyes popped, and i immediately thought it was a cheater.
      can anybody confirm to me that this is legit? i tried to reconstruct the situation myself afterwards and could NOT fire from this point to that point from that range, my submarine automatically moved in at least one square and fired then. in this situation, the sub was standing still and kept shooting at the turrent until it was destroyed.
      is this an error, a cheat or just some insane range of an overpowered unit?

greetings
      benny

• By Tor
      Hello, I played C&C and RA many years ago. Had it downloaded on my old Mac laptop (unfortunately stolen in burglary)! Does anyone know if the Mac version is still available? I can only see a Windows version? Any help gratefully received - miss this great little game! Cheers, Tor
    • By pabloscobar
      I'm getting too frustrated about this. How can I play RA1 on Mac os Catalina? I get this error. 

@FunkyFr3sh mate do you think you can give us a hand with this?

Cheers mate