How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

FunkyFr3sh

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2016 at 10:51 PM, Nyerguds said:

I reconverted all of the Retaliation videos to VQA, this time without dithering. I downloaded Funky's pack for it, edited in the modified files, and created a version for each language out of it.

-The Lost Files v3 - English

-The Lost Files v3 - German

-The Lost Files v3 - French

I edited the links into the first post :)

Honestly not sure how well the exe would work on non-English versions though. I didn't look at the changes or replace it with the French/German v3.03; I just plain copied it. But you shouldn't need it anyway :P

i re-installed the tfd version after i build a new pc and install everything to the old point.

i notice that i don't get the retaliation videos to work, only with the TLF.exe. But if i use the TLF Version, the game swaps to english menus and the sidebar is shrunken down to 4/4 options at the time. The TFL Version shows 303P-iran ecsam version in the menu and the normal 303p-i beta v1

Edited by Metaridley

my package is german. i wanted a full german patched version with the retaliation videos. changed to english but nothing is different. the videos only start with the TLF.exe

also i play on 1920x1080p and the TLF.exe don't expand the build sidebar, it's the standart size of 4x4. thats also confusing me

Edited by Metaridley

Just tested it quick, works fine for me...

I'll test the german ones too now

Edit: german ones are working fine too!

I just copied the sc-TLFvid.mix into the game folder, then started the launcher and hit Play Offline. This was on a fresh and clean installation.

ok just copied this mix into the folder and is doesn't work.

my installation order:
- installing the entire First Decade collection (installing offical patch 1.01 & 1.02 too)
For RA:

- The Lost Files videos by Nyerguds (PS1 Expansion videos ported to PC)
- RA1installer by FunkyFr3sh (Fan Patch,Bugfixes,better resolution etc.)
- Aftermath music + PS1 music
- German Uncut Cutscenes Normal
- delete aftermath.mix, counterstrike.mix & missions.ini (fix the wrong display of mission descriptions of the add-on missions)
 - inserting my modified rules.ini & aftrmath.ini (for hidden units like supply truck, heli carrier, volkov, don't work in CNCNet and only for skirmish)

11 hours ago, Metaridley said:

now i have it, after a lot of search, reinstalling on second pc and so on... here is the complete mission.ini for the german version for all missions from classic ra, cs,am and the ant missions if you need it for your german package, just throw it in the install folder

mission.ini

What exactly is the use of this file though? I just did a fresh installation and all mission briefings are already in german, didn't find any mission that wasn't translated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, TheBoon said:

Hello i did the full web install on windows 10 64bit

but it wont go past either the lobby for online/skirmish or offline(story)mode

please help

Make sure you allow it in your anti-virus, otherwise the game could fail to start. Double check its logs to see if it deleted a file and restore it

• 2 months later...

I am translating this game into Chinese and have completed the original task.
Germanlanguagepack.mix for the Allied mission
Germancensoredlanguagepack.mix for the Soviet mission
Germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix for skirmish
I hope that I can support several language packs for games, such as chineselanguagepack1, chineselanguagepack2, 3, and 4.

germanlanguagepack.mix

germancensoredlanguagepack.mix

germanuncensoredlanguagepack.mix