How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

FunkyFr3sh

I love this installer but what is with the music? It plays the first ~5-10 tracks just fine but after that the other ones just loop back to bigfoot(the first track). Is there anyway to fix it?

Never heard about this yet, is there any way to reproduce this bug fast?

Not sure how i can show you  it but heres how it works: i can manually play any track up until track 20, selecting any track after that just plays bigfoot(the first track). So that means track 20-34 don't work when selected manually. Track 1 - 20 are fine and play what they are supposed to when selected.

Not sure how i can show you  it but heres how it works: i can manually play any track up until track 20, selecting any track after that just plays bigfoot(the first track). So that means track 20-34 don't work when selected manually. Track 1 - 20 are fine and play what they are supposed to when selected.

will have a look. Did you install the soundtracks from the expansion cd's btw? Those are not included by default, but might be listed anyways. Download link is in the first post or take it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1sb1eohtm2ov0qv/reta-exp-music.zip

hello guys,

i have a question, it is normal that the mission descriptions from the addons are in english after patching the game in german/uncut? (i have the german TFD version)

and is it maybe possible to add the red alert retaliation ps1 video pack with german audio? that would be nice :o

hello guys,

i have a question, it is normal that the mission descriptions from the addons are in english after patching the game in german/uncut? (i have the german TFD version)

and is it maybe possible to add the red alert retaliation ps1 video pack with german audio? that would be nice :o

Actually it should all be german, I will have a look into it.

It does only happen for the expansion missions? The standard campaign works?

I don't think anyone has the reta vids available in german, but maybe nyerguds knows more about it, will ask him

Edit:

I just tested it, everything is german for me! Except the few fan made bonus missions we included (Flame dancers / Deadly War)

The config program is fan made, it doesn't support translations. The mission names have no translation support right now, so all of them will show up in english.

The mission briefing should be german, not sure why it shows up in english for you

I just installed the game, tried the patch function too but I cannot reproduce it at all.

The only 2 files that contain the english versions of the briefing are aftermath.mix and counterstrike.mix, can you try to delete them? No worries, you don't need them on TFD

I cutted that out from the directory, but doesn't change.

My new try is to install a fresh version of TFD on my laptop, patch it with TFD 1.1 & 1.2 - these restore the functionallity of the missions in the tfd version.

After that i copy the both mix files to my pc

I will look into the mix files and check the mission descriptions if there german. maybe i can put the ini files into the directory for working.

I tell it later here if it works

okay i see it now, the tfd version is the problem, they have already english mission briefings for the expansion levels.

I dont know if these Missions translated in older german releases but german tfd version has defenitly english mission text.

For test i load your RA Version in german, also english mission briefings.

another story, i found the retalitaion videos in german on my hard drive and i've get these from nyerguds as mp4 files years ago. i don't know it nyerguds still has the videos, if not i can give you the files for a german vqa pack

Even if the briefings are english in TFD, my patch should override it and make them show up in german. Do you maybe have a file named mission.ini inside of your game folder? Make sure you delete it, only loose files in the folder can override the german version inside of the language pack mix.

Maybe he still has them ready to use, if not then it would be nice to have for sure

• 4 weeks later...

I reconverted all of the Retaliation videos to VQA, this time without dithering. I downloaded Funky's pack for it, edited in the modified files, and created a version for each language out of it.

-The Lost Files v3 - English

-The Lost Files v3 - German

-The Lost Files v3 - French

I edited the links into the first post :)

Honestly not sure how well the exe would work on non-English versions though. I didn't look at the changes or replace it with the French/German v3.03; I just plain copied it. But you shouldn't need it anyway :P

Is there a RPM package install? Im relatively new to Linux and it seems like Fedora does not handle .deb packages without some extra work.

Never heard about RPM packages :D Will have a look at it for sure, maybe I can put something together

You can try out PlayOnLinux meanwhile, here is a video I made recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8GqFWrzlcY

I'll have to look into that later. Never heard of PlayOnLinux but it looks like it fixes the NetFramework/RA problem on Linux. I already have wine Installed so my process might be slightly different than the video. That would be amazing if it was easy to add to a RPM package to a repository. (If that's the right thing to say, still transitioning)

I'll have to look into that later. Never heard of PlayOnLinux but it looks like it fixes the NetFramework/RA problem on Linux. I already have wine Installed so my process might be slightly different than the video. That would be amazing if it was easy to add to a RPM package to a repository. (If that's the right thing to say, still transitioning)

Oh, if you have wine already installed then you just need to run RA1installer or RedAlert1_Online_Installer, both of them will automatically download and install .NET for you

I tried RA1installer.exe through wine and chose full web install CD01 and CD02. It downloads and extracts the allied disc but fails extracting the soviet disc and gives this message:

"7z.exe/7zip: Failed to extract the game files! Please check your permissions and make sure your anti-virus program does not block RA1installer/7zip (turn it off temporarily if you do not know how to configure it)...Would you like to retry the extraction process?"

There is no anti-virus program installed. Any Ideas whats wrong?

I tried RA1installer.exe through wine and chose full web install CD01 and CD02. It downloads and extracts the allied disc but fails extracting the soviet disc and gives this message:

"7z.exe/7zip: Failed to extract the game files! Please check your permissions and make sure your anti-virus program does not block RA1installer/7zip (turn it off temporarily if you do not know how to configure it)...Would you like to retry the extraction process?"

There is no anti-virus program installed. Any Ideas whats wrong?

That is weird, I guess something might have gone wrong during the download. I would just try it again and see if it works then

okay, so..Ra95.exe works fine. But the CNCnet does not function through wine on Linux apparently, nor does the mod launcher, what ever that does. And needless to say the Mix files wont update with the new terrain files and w/e else there is. I think I have narrowed it down to needing a 32 bit wine installed which is not a straight forward process (surprise...) but im not entirely sure.

I thought I had a specific Linux/RA topic but I cant find it.

You need a 32bit wine prefix, could be that you have everything needed to create such a prefix. At least in ubuntu you can create a 32bit prefix with the 64bit wine out of the box

I guess you'll have to google how to do that on fedora :D (Or just get Ubuntu, it's pretty cool)

You need a 32bit wine prefix, could be that you have everything needed to create such a prefix. At least in ubuntu you can create a 32bit prefix with the 64bit wine out of the box

I guess you'll have to google how to do that on fedora :D (Or just get Ubuntu, it's pretty cool)

uhg, I been reading up on that, thought that was the problem. I'll figure it out eventually.

Either that or I can try converting the .deb package to a rpm