How to install Red Alert 1 on Windows XP Vista 7 8 10 Linux MAC. 32 / 64bit

FunkyFr3sh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i use the original "german" CDs from the 90th.

How can i use my original Aftermath and Counterstrike CDs  (CD3 and CD4) with the Installer?

Is there an OFFLINE Installer version aviable (file with all needed files without ISOs)?

Greets from Germany

hydro

hi, there is no need to install the aftermath/counterstrike since they only got a few mb of useful data. You can still play aftermath/counterstrike, the 3.03 patch which is included contains all the new units etc

If you want to do an old-school installation then choose Mini CD-Installation, it will force you to switch between all 4 cds like back in the days

Offline installer including all game files without the need to insert the cds would be too complicated since the game came out in 3 different languages and i would need to create 3 huge packages for the videos (english/german/french). But if you got the CDs it is possible to use the installer offline too, CD-Install and patch function will work offline (it will tell you that it couldn't download additional files but it allows you to continue)

You can also use the old 2.10 version, it was made for offline cd-installs and contains all the language packs http://www.mediafire.com/?hg5b930751v60ab

Mission names: It's not so easy to make it working sadly, you would need to create a custom mix file and mess around with the game data :( I didn't translate those cause currently there is no good way to do it, maybe some game patch will change that in the future

Videos: Aftermath and Counterstrike dont have any videos, that's why i didn't added an option to install them. The ant missions got a small intro video, but it doesn't have any speech

• 2 weeks later...

hi. I have similar question: I have original ISOs of RA, CS and AM, all US releases. I know, that addons have some new music and few videos. how can I install them all to hard drive from ISOs without downloading any of the additional msuic packs? and can I enable movies before/after addon's missons?

If you really don't want to download some files (i have a package with all these missing files) then there is only one way to get those.. you have to use XCC-Mixer and open the main.mix files located on the CDs and extract everything you want to your game folder. The missing files are:

2nd_hand.aud, araziod.aud, await.aud, backstab.aud, bog.aud, chaos2.aud, float_v2.aud, gloom.aud, grndwire.aud, rpt.aud, search.aud, shut_it.aud, traction.aud, twinmix1.aud, under3.aud, vr2.aud, wastelnd.aud, antend.vqa, antintro.vqa, snowbase.vqa

If you change your mind, here is the package with all these files + 8 retaliation soundtracks: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1sb1eohtm2ov0qv/reta-exp-music.zip

The addon missions (PC version) don't have videos

The playstation1 version (retaliation) had some videos, Nyerguds ported them to PC and you can download them here if you want (The lost files): http://www.mediafire.com/?de2h42t27olqec4

• 1 month later...

Translations

I'm still looking for translations of the installer in the following languages:

German French Basque brazilianportuguese(partial done) Catalan Czech danish(partial done) dutch Finnish Hebrew Hungarian Italian Japanese Norwegian polish Portuguese(partial done) Russian serbiancyrillic serbianlatin Slovak Slovenian Spanish(partial done) Ukrainian

Why not Croatian? http://www.mediafire.com/download/wfrr7f7hrn1ctea/Funky_Installer_HRV.rar

On 8/19/2013 at 3:49 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

Translations

I'm still looking for translations of the installer in the following languages:

German French Basque brazilianportuguese(partial done) Catalan Czech danish(partial done) dutch Finnish Hebrew Hungarian Italian Japanese Norwegian polish Portuguese(partial done) Russian serbiancyrillic serbianlatin Slovak Slovenian Spanish(partial done) Ukrainian

Why not Croatian? http://www.mediafire.com/download/wfrr7f7hrn1ctea/Funky_Installer_HRV.rar

thanks, i can try to get croatian working but there might be some more strings needed in the worst case

• 4 weeks later...

Having a weird bug where when I accomplish or fail a mission, the game freezes for a good 30 seconds before loading the cutscene. Also, the cutscene that is supposed to play when you rescue Tanya in Mission 5 of the Allied Campaign dosen't play.

I'm on Windows 8, using a quad-core processor (Haswell i5) with a GeForce 660. Everything is up to date.

• 3 weeks later...

Weird bug with one of the custom campaigns, 'Deadly War'. I'm on the 2nd mission and anytime I save, it crashes. Kinda making it hard to make progress. :P

I'm on Windows 8 x64 and everything else is running fine. It's giving me a crash dump but idk if i should upload it here or what?