Can't Get CNCNet to Open - Keeps Crashing

EagleEye88

Question

Hi, 

I loved this game growing up and just recently downloaded it so I could teach my middle school aged son about it.  I was able to pay online last night, but when I opened this today, I received the below error.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CNC Net, but that didn't solve the issue.  Any ideas on what could be the problem?  See attached logs for more info.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 161912.png

ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_12.txt ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_18.txt ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_22.txt

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, EagleEye88 said:

Hi, 

I loved this game growing up and just recently downloaded it so I could teach my middle school aged son about it.  I was able to pay online last night, but when I opened this today, I received the below error.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling CNC Net, but that didn't solve the issue.  Any ideas on what could be the problem?  See attached logs for more info.

Screenshot 2024-08-19 161912.png

ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_12.txt 2.26 kB · 5 downloads ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_18.txt 2.26 kB · 4 downloads ClientCrashLog_2024_08_19_16_22.txt 2.26 kB · 5 downloads

Strange one. Did you change your client resolution? What is your resolution of your PC?

Could you try removing RA2MD.ini from your game directory and reinstalling CnCNet again?

Ha, you nailed it.  I had originally played it on my laptop with my son.  When I tried yesterday, I had plugged into an external monitor to play it and the resolution difference must have thrown it off.  When I'm unplugged from the external monitor, all works as expected.  

Thanks Grant!

1 hour ago, EagleEye88 said:

Ha, you nailed it.  I had originally played it on my laptop with my son.  When I tried yesterday, I had plugged into an external monitor to play it and the resolution difference must have thrown it off.  When I'm unplugged from the external monitor, all works as expected.  

Thanks Grant!

Nice! Enjoy!