CnCNet anti-cheat

OldSchool95

funkyfresh

why did you setup those information with the "WARNING" settings

where it shows... are you really sure to play this map ?

with the double click mind on rdy ???

after we talked in the lobby with a guy who thinks its a unfair map...

a day later this setup ?

its a absurd setup now

people think for sure whats that and leave the game

and by the way

C&C has different settings to setup gamespeed

the orginal speed is still 4! as the time maps show and as it is on the standart console ps1

but you can see it however you want

install speed 20 please and play it on that level...

many thanks you idiot!

this has nothing to do with your map, its just about those weird maps where one player get a huge advantage by adding buildings or special rules to a map...

i don't even know why your map is getting flagged, when i played your map some time ago it was all made in edwin and this editor cannot add special rules... It seems like you been adding something with raed or a text editor to newer versions of your map... what did you add?

First of all, we've heard about your constant annoying complaints about the game speed. I know, because I responded to them.

Secondly I'm not too bothered if any mag is flagged because often people don't check and promptly lose out to modifications they were not warned about. If they leave the game because they don't like it it was probably for the best that they did not play.

I'm not usually the one to troll, but I'm high and this is amusing. OS95, I suggest you play the campaign through at speed 4, then kick it up a notch and play it through on 5, repeat for 6 and THEN come back to CnCnet to play. Maybe that'll give you some better results.

On a sidenote... Well, actually on topic, this warning thing sounds nice. I'm sure it's much more useful for RA players, but there are some non-standard maps in TD that look really good geometrically and people often choose them without knowing they're specifically made for 2v1 or crates etc. Still, players that pick those are usually new and even if they see the warning you'll still have to explain what it's about... So that renders my post totally worthless. Good night.

Maybe "cheat" sounds offensive.

You could stamp:

- WARNING: This map might contain special features that unbalance the match. Are you sure you want to play it?

Just an opinion ...

PS - oldschool, the complaint might be fair but the closure is really unpleasant, you have PM system to do this, don't have to envolve the rest of us.

this has nothing to do with your map, its just about those weird maps where one player get a huge advantage by adding buildings or special rules to a map...

i don't even know why your map is getting flagged, when i played your map some time ago it was all made in edwin and this editor cannot add special rules... It seems like you been adding something with raed or a text editor to newer versions of your map... what did you add?

well ive used another map Editor "read" in the C&C Folder and add a base , Units etc

but its all so fair !

its OK to warn about "cheats", there is a White List and the aim is to verify all legit maps which come with special rules

well its not as you can read in this thread:

http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=2945.0

and my map is a privat map

i dont like a official download

i send you now my map in a privat message

hopely you can put it in a whitelist to verify it

that cheat check thing is around since long time, but it wasnt rough enough... people still got cheated cause they just ignored it! I dont wanna ban people anymore cause they made cheat maps :D The current warning is pretty obvious, if someone is still getting cheated now then he simply cannot complain cause the warning was very clear

Yeah, having the warning is a good thing, but maybe just reword it to something like "This map has edited features, such as edited units or buildings. This could allow an unfair advantage to certain players. Do you wish to continue anyway?"

Else it's popping up for all the mods and stuff as well, claiming that people are cheating, lol. Which is possible but not probable. Saying people might be cheating is pretty offensive if they've just been spending time making something for others to enjoy :)

-Liam

• 4 months later...

Worst, possibly implemented idea of an anti-cheat engine. It tags mod maps also as cheat in fact they are mods and no cheats.

How are you supposed to be able to tell the difference then?

A cheat map is just modified in an unfair way.

The anti-cheat is pretty good actually although it does make mods sound like cheat maps :/