Happy Holidays!

Tore

Around the world at this time of year we celebrate many different holidays where people usually get together and have a good time. In the English speaking world it is commonly refereed to as Christmas or X-mas. Where I come from we call it Jul.

Where ever you come from have nice holidays!

thank you and i should start by saying i am familiar with C&C but have a major issue with my computer and not sure if links are available for what is needed so will start with what i have and hope assistance would be possible for this particular issue.

i have an xp home eddition with key codes, pentium 4 single processor, not sure if floppy disks will work, an L.G. ReWrioteable ultra speed 52 x 32 x 52x compact disc drive that sounds like it works but never has a disc registering or even reading and using the most basic cell phone from wind mobile as the modem. everything i know is technically obsolete. i have a command and conquer disc with the first decade i have been sitting on since i bought it in 2006. have all 7 relevent registration codes and clueless to possible back doors to allow play with my computer? or are there things i could do in proper and chronilogical order to be able to access or play? it's been too long since i've played this particular game and i know i don't have a compatible system for over the net play but would really like to play C&C again.

thank you and i should start by saying i am familiar with C&C but have a major issue with my computer and not sure if links are available for what is needed so will start with what i have and hope assistance would be possible for this particular issue.

i have an xp home eddition with key codes, pentium 4 single processor, not sure if floppy disks will work, an L.G. ReWrioteable ultra speed 52 x 32 x 52x compact disc drive that sounds like it works but never has a disc registering or even reading and using the most basic cell phone from wind mobile as the modem. everything i know is technically obsolete. i have a command and conquer disc with the first decade i have been sitting on since i bought it in 2006. have all 7 relevent registration codes and clueless to possible back doors to allow play with my computer? or are there things i could do in proper and chronilogical order to be able to access or play? it's been too long since i've played this particular game and i know i don't have a compatible system for over the net play but would really like to play C&C again.

I really didn't understeand what you wrote, but if you are asking if you can play on CnCNet with that computer, then yes, you can. Download the cncnet.exe and run it in game's folder. Make sure you got the ]Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 installed. I myself have a Pentium IV as my Desktop computer. But consider yourself downloading the versions available in the download section.

Maverick, go here http://cncnet.org/download and download Ra1. Its a small download and several hundreds of people still play the game online daily using windows vista, windows 7 and windows 8 without altering any files or downloading patches. you can just put the first decade disc away. I about fell out of my chair when you started boasting about your pc's specs. Sorry i haven't heard anyone talk about floppy drives in years.

I played tiberian sun on my p2 comp with win 98 yours is more than good enough for those games

this is what I gather from your post.

your cd rom dosent register the disc when you insert it  is the game disc a dvd?? cd wont read a dvd

no modem you use cell phone link for internet

right?

if so you should still be able to download from cncnet.com/downloads  4 of those games and play them in skirmish mode vs comps

maybe online over the cell(?? anyone know)  if i had enough data on my plan I would at least try that

you could download the cncnet versions from another computer and use a usb drive to get them onto your comp.

you could get a  dvd drive, prob free or less than 10 bucks for a used one if that and swap it out 20 for  a new one (very very easy) then you could install your games

if I can be of any more help just ask...!!

best of luck to you.

and for an appropriate post in this topic..  Happy Holidays wishing all of you a great new year

amokk