Let's Play Command & Conquer: The Covert Operations

TaxOwlbear

Heh, yeah. The chinook is a great way around the enemy troops... and then they expect you to sacrifice it just for rescuing that guy's wife, which gives you... a flare at the position you need to go to. Whoop de doo. The chinook itself is more useful.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, if you evac her, the civilian standing with you at the start will run through the Nod units (who ignore him), over the bridge, and light a flare there :P

Which, y'know, doesn't help at all since it doesn't even reveal the units guarding before the bridge, and you still gotta get through them  XD

What I did was I rushed my humvee straight North East like hell and grab the crates. I get 1600 points and 100% efficiency in 2 minutes(game time). The first time I win this is the same way like you did, sending everyone NE without bothering to get the wife.

And the  part of using chinooks to get past the river and mountains is also a fun tactic. I flew him from the village where you find the wife. There's a stealth tank guarding the wifey.

Oh, on inf crawling, just double click when you want to more to a location while NOT crawling. They'll just get up and go :D

That never seems to work for me.  :(

I didn't have any casualty during the first half on the southern island. I used a stealth tank and destroy power to obelisk and turrets from behind a wall.

Ah, I didn't think of that and used Great War tactics instead.  XD

Double-clicking works, yes. You might have to click a few more times in rapid succession though, so I'm not sure if the "getting back up" thing is actually a feature, or just a bug related to giving commands in quick succession :D

I didn't have any casualty during the first half on the southern island. I used a stealth tank and destroy power to obelisk and turrets from behind a wall.

Hah, interesting tactic! I never tried building vehicles there. I always just sell the airstrip for cash.

The light tank/flame tank combo is one of the best choices against the AI. Those flame tanks actually being meat shield against the medium and mammoth.

However, would this combo beat the rush that at least holds recon bike's?

Any way, flame tanks are very effective against structure's too. And that is what makes them so satisfying.