Tiberian Sun 1v1 Tournament with Cash prizes.

dkeeton

Tiberian Sun 1v1 Tournament - June 11th @ 6pm Eastern time. Sign Up now.

Hosted By Humble, XmeXyou and friends.

Cash prizes will be given to the top 4 finishers.

$120 Cash prize minimum. The more players we get, the more money will be given out.

The first few rounds will be held on June 11th at 6pm Eastern time and the semifinals and Championship game will be held on June 18th.

Watch this topic for more specific rules.

Edit: Check your timezone

Edit: Click For Countdown Clock

Edit: Official rules for the tournament. (click)

Edit: Forgot to add that chill has promised to make a promotional rap/skateboarding video for this tournament, so stay tuned.

Eastern Time (EDT): June 11th / 18th- 6:00 PM

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) /

United Kingdom (BST) /

Central European Time (CET) : June 11th / 18th - 11:00 PM

Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST): June 12th / 19th - 8:00 AM

We added you to the roster Michael.  Anyone else having issues signing up is welcome to get in touch with Timmy, Xme, or I in the game or in this thread.

Default map is going to be 'Terraces (TL can Exp) (AirFix)', unless both players agree on an alternative WW map.  If there is disagreement on map to be played, then 'Terraces (TL can Exp) (AirFix)' will be played.

In the future we will have many different types of these events, this is just the beginning.

We added you to the roster Michael.  Anyone else having issues signing up is welcome to get in touch with Timmy, Xme, or I in the game or in this thread.

Default map is going to be Terraces, unless both players agree on an alternative WW map.  If there is disagreement on map to be played, then Terraces will be played.

In the future we will have many different types of these events, this is just the beginning.

Do you need artwork and an advertisement, I need confirmation this will be going ahead?

what kind of maps will we play ?

"Default map is going to be 'Terraces (TL can Exp) (AirFix)', unless both players agree on an alternative WW map.  If there is disagreement on map to be played, then 'Terraces (TL can Exp) (AirFix)' will be played."

This is exact same as Terraces, but aircraft do not catch on edges of map, and Top Left does not have to toggle to build over the cliff.

more info about how the tournament is setup? games? rules?

For now the basics: June 11th will be best of 3 matches.  On the 18th, the semi-finales will be best of 5, and the finales will be best of 7.

Also, some people have mentioned to me that because of the lack of posts in this forum thread, that they assumed only a few people signed up.  Most of the sign-ups are happening through private messages, thus the lack of messages here.  So far we have roughly 20+ people signed up, composed of a wide variety of skill levels.  We may even have a special guest or two.

The main player I personally would like to contact about this tourney is Kapa371, but he has not been online in a while.  If anyone knows a good way to get in touch with him, I think he would be excited to know about this.  Kapa always liked these events.

If I could make a suggestion. I think the original round should be best of 5. But I realize its hard enough to get a tournie going anyway so that may not be the case. But for a lot of players having 2 top spots out of 3 could be a huge disadvantage. I am fine either way. Then the 2nd round best of 7. But either way works for me. If we also had a rule about SS being taken, throughout game (because you never know) thatd be great.

And if Humble you want to PM or FB me a list of people already signed up I'd be more inclined to sign up myself and rearrange my work schedule.

XmeXyou is in charge of the roster, so if he decides to post a list of sign-ups so far that is up to him.  Worse case it will be posted before the event starts.

I will say that you are going to have some major competition with the sign-ups we already have, so nothing to worry about there.  I personally guarantee we have some heavy-hitters signing up and we still have quite some time to continue accepting sign-ups over the next 2-3 weeks.  Activity is not going to be an issue here at all.  We actually may have better turn-out than anticipated, which I hope is the case.  If sign-ups continue the way they have been, I will be increasing the total prize money from 120 to probably 200.

@Trz, please keep in mind that semi-finales and finales are on the 18th.  (We did this to keep the tourney time-range more reasonable for other time zones.  Some players will be playing at 1 am and others at 9am, so we did not want too huge of a window compressed into one day).

1st place will get the biggest chunk out of the prize money, 2nd place a bit less, etc. etc.  As Xme stated above, places 1 through 4 will all receive cash prizes.

We even have several heavy-hitters that if they win 1st place, are donating their prize money back into the pool, so the next tourney would then have double the prize money up for grabs :)

You have a good point about top spots.  We will highly consider making first round best of 5.  The reason we planned on 3 for the first rounds, is that we may have a large amount of sign-ups and depending on amount of players, it may be rather time consuming.

Xme, and I are going to spec the majority of the games, while live-streaming and recording, and upload all of the games to a special YouTube channel.  Other trusted individuals may also be helping us spec / stream / record if needed.  Either way, the semi-finales and finales will all have either Xme or I as spec.

You have a good point with the screenshot issue, and I will ask Xme if he can re-enable auto-ss (at least for this event).

Something for anyone reading this to keep in mind, is that this is also a pre-cursor to bigger and better events like this to come in the near future.  We have some big plans for TS.

The attached pciture is a mock bracket.

The bracket has been auto generated at challonge.com. The tournament is seeded so all the best players won't have to play each other until the third and fourth rounds. I think that that seeding helps make the best of 3 format seem not so bad. We're willing to consider best of 5 for the second and 3 rounds but my fear is that it will take too long. (TRZ, you've played as many best of five games as anyone, how long does it normally take?)

Most players that I have included in this mock bracket have said yes. A few players like yourself have said maybe. If we have 3 players drop out, the bracket will still be basically the same format but the names will get shuffled around.

ts_mock_bracket.png.7f913ecd93c7d1cf2b98e7ec56627c79.png

Looks good I suppose. The players signed up arent much of a shock to me. I was hoping for c0rps, kapa, madwolf, skylegend, dareeta, en3rgy, etc etc to make things more exciting or else the predictable me, ray, ollie battle will probably play out unless some lucky 1 ref apc or disr come into play. I dont know exactly how long a 5 series goes, depends on whose playing. Me and ollie can go pretty fast best of 5. Or me and c0rps can go hours. I just guess it depends. I promise if I sign up ill play sober so I dont get annihilated early on by ray or ollie. I have to talk to my wife about letting me play hahaha *whiptsshhh* and rearrange my work schedule. I just dont like best of 3 myself because a lot of the time when people are even in skill it just comes down to who is which spot especially on terrace. Unless you are a cocky sob drunk and get owned 0-6 by ollie like I did recently. But I will try my hardest sober this tournie if I sign up.

So far it doesnt look too shocking who will end up in top 3-4 if its terrace. Id like to see someone contact c0rps, kapa, madwolf, dareeta, diego , etc etc. I am happy eitherway this is happening, and im a bit discouraged by some of the namehiders lol (SynTHEsize) - also ripped off my name and I know is a hider.

PS; greyhonda, mola, tight4lif, sex4king etc,. etc contact these people ill try too.