Tiberian Sun 1v1 Tournament with Cash prizes.

dkeeton

55 isnt laggy, perhaps you should play more or stop playing mod maps with newbs. No offence.

I play alot of rankings, ffgs and rarely have lagg issues, and i do so with top players.

Now and then lagg happends with ppl from asia/ pakistan etc. 

Lile TRZ said, avarage rate is 55 and that isnt laggy, you took one player "ender" who also has a 55 avg.

Click on the  entire ladder to get an avarage of 55.

Edited by Mola

You can play slow lagg games if you like, thats your choice but 59 to 60 frames is normal game speed.  If you look at the entire ladder you will see games that are in the 40s so if you talk about average for the entire ladder it only confirms my point that 55 or whatever you think its normal is actually slow, and the average of the entire ladder is at 55 because there are players that run faster than 55 or else it would actually be lower. 

I just find it strange that people accept to play a game below its normal game speed in a tournament or ladder setting and actually argue that its ok to play slow or lagg games. 

As mola stated, average fps of 59/60 is too fast to olay the game properly. In my opinion average fps around 54-56 is perfect and even 52 is reasonable. 60 is too fast to properly micro multiple things and makes you change play style to compensate which limits skill depth. 

• Like 1

You see there is a message on this game that states.  60 frames is normal speed.  And you get this message when a player like for example tranxer or some others that normally lagg big time. " This player runs at 50 frames and to play a normal game no lagg its 60.   So whatever the default speed was, does not matter because 60 is the current normal game speed.

And if the tournament is about playing vs AI than yes you are right.  I thought this was about playing vs other players not AI.

In any case, thanks for the nice chat.  The idea to have a tourney for cash is cool.  Enjoy.

1) 60 is not normal speed. Default is  52.

2) Maybe if you played in WOL/westwood times you would know what the difference, and remember how slow it used to be.

3) You think fast games will benifit you? I mean you are already way outclassed, according to skills, and on 60, you wont be able to keep up, and especially not with high lvl players.

4) The game is lagg free at 55, which is the avarage of most players in ladder. It doesnt lagg at all, thats just an excuses used by people like you. As said, you can watch my online games on youtube and see they are lagg free. So 55 = lagg is your personal opinion.

5) its very rare you get 60 speed games, i dont recall any.

Anyhow its all up to you, if you see it as issue. Your loss.

Edited by Mola

My point about smirnish was because for example my game runs at like 300fps or something in skirmish max speed and although humans cannot benefit from that, the AI isn't affected as it keeps up. The difference between say a 9.5/10 player vs. a 6.5/10 player would be more substantial in 60 Fps vs say 56 Fps. With this said, two similarly skilled players can exhaust their true skill depth in the 52-56 Fps range, such as micro, multitasking, timing, minimally defending, harv control, attacking while defending, expanding, planning multiple attacks ahead of time, saving buildings last second with engie to minimize cost to repair or buff for next wave more effectively, using firestorm generator, micro nod units that require special positioning like rockets and bikes and combo attacks, etc, etc, etc. Pro games obviously are played at 60 fps but the skill depth is considerably lower. This is why most players spam sams instead of utilizing firestorm on cncnet. The difference between 52 and 60 fps is a game changer. But even so the leasor skilled the player the harder high fps will be for them and the more bunky mid and long games will be. 

• Like 1

So just dropping a line here ... awhile back I was advertising this https://challonge.com/TiberianSun1

but due to a perceived lack of interest i stopped trying to recruit for it ( only ever getting WeaponX and VietMan anyways lol).

c0rpsmakr did express a small amount of interest in helping me out but I guess I'm probably a lazy person to trust with getting something like this off the ground

Anyways point being. A tournament would surely be cool and i would surely be down.

-BLUE

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2019 at 7:16 AM, NOOB2 said:

So just dropping a line here ... awhile back I was advertising this https://challonge.com/TiberianSun1

but due to a perceived lack of interest i stopped trying to recruit for it ( only ever getting WeaponX and VietMan anyways lol).

c0rpsmakr did express a small amount of interest in helping me out but I guess I'm probably a lazy person to trust with getting something like this off the ground

Anyways point being. A tournament would surely be cool and i would surely be down.

-BLUE

I'll have a butchers nice one ?

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:31 PM, TRZ said:

To be fair theres been three. ...9.5 players in history... schaf, mega, kapa, the rest of us are 8 at best...

This opinion is just absurd. If your judging skill 1-10 you don’t have to be an undefeated god to be 10. Calling prime Schaf/Mega/Kapa not even 10 is just chimp stupid... Then who the fuck is?

if you excel at every aspect of the game then your a 10, if you have excellent short game, long game, unit control, offense, defense, rush ability, economy ability, strategic, adapt and recover ability,.. then your a 10. A good example of a 9.5 would be someone who’s good at all that but can’t use a MK2. Or someone who is robotic and can’t translate their strategy to other environments but is otherwise skill proficient.

now go ahead and respond with your set in stone opinion that you got from someone else.

Stefor was a lot better than most will admit, especially in his later years namehiding around 05-06. Ray when playing actively and also sober is also another level than a lot of players will admit. Ollie when he was playing actively was also on another level than most will admit, I literally witnissed him rape almost everyone repeatedly even if they deny it and try to block those memories out. Cambria when playing actively and not blazed out of his mind is also up there.  

Even though I was a lower level back in Mega's prime he was always very friendly towards me and I played with him a ton, that dude could carry a low level player like he was getting payed to do so and he was very consistent, but up against the other players I mentioned I would say is similar level of skill.

Not to mention cncnet being faster fps is a game changer that old players coming back really have to adjust to, just ask Mola. 

I never played with schaf enough to comment but unless he was significantly better than mega in his prime they are all close. 

Something else to take into consideration is cheats are much less likely on cncnet whereas before many players cheated, so although its easy to give such high caliber players benefit of doubt besides the obvious ones, there isn't any guarantee. Mapping for example would allow certain build orders to be learned/stopen especially back in the day when some people only used certain builds when there were no specs, unlike these days where most BOs are more well known and a spec with have a brain can monkey see monkey do. 

If people were smart enogh to temporarily bupass cncnet antihacks and allow two computers to control one base under one username as well as control enemy units when need be, i would bet money at least one person on wol/xwis has done the same. 

Funny how so many old players come back and simply cant keep up or adapt. How good were they really? Sure lots of players played actively almost non stop and gradually improved and surpassed some of the better old players but at the same time when an older player can comeback and after a month or two be basically dominating or at least breaking even with current top players that says a lot about them .

Another thing to point out is that there are a ton of elite players from back in the day that barely get mentioned, yet they eere right up there with all the ones that do get mentioned.

Back on topic though, I'm interested in playing 2v2 competition but the game is so dead how many good teams would there even be? The last tourney was 1v1 and between dealing with crybabies moaning about every thing they can and peoples work schedules being up in the air it was a pain in the ass to try and organize and manage.  Unfortunately the average ts player is disfunctional and needs their hand held for something like this to work, so good luck and kudos to whoever grts that job lol.

and although tezz is great this game mise well be called "Terraces - Titan Wars"

• Like 1

Pineapple also goes on pizza!

2v2 tourney, need teams to sign up then, even more fun would be a player of each fraction in a 2v2 tourney to change it up a bit.

You need a nod and gdi player to enter.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

ray, ollie, etc are all elite top tier players, but nobody dominated the game like schaf, mega and kapa did. and for as long as they did. and any faction any map. they arent a 10 because nobody is perfect. 

do i seem like the person that makes my opinions based on others? surely not after knowing me. i also played at higher level longer than u have black, nobody has ever mentioned you as a top tier player, once. ive competed right along side the top tier players for years. ive played beside ray, ollie, stefor, etc and they are very fucking good. some of my fav guys to play against or with, but they are not the same level as schaf mega or kapa were in their prime, and as i said nobody is a perfect 10. everyone has stuff they could have worked on and they werent undefeatable

im happy with the current ladder because it forces other maps other than terrace and titans. its nice. im having fun trying new things and stepping outside my comfort zone which i feel like i havent for years. trying to get tiger, top, ray etc on the ladder more..

black u barely play this game. so either you are trolling to be a dick or u just have nothing better to do in life than post and troll on a game u barely play. ur a nobody man. sorry. but true. nobody will remember u when this game is done. and im guessing nobody is thinking about u right now or u wouldnt be on a forum for a game u barely fucking play trying to talk about who and who isnt good. u have no idea. ur NOBODY

15 hours ago, TRZ said:

ray, ollie, etc are all elite top tier players, but nobody dominated the game like schaf, mega and kapa did. and for as long as they did. and any faction any map. they arent a 10 because nobody is perfect. 

do i seem like the person that makes my opinions based on others? surely not after knowing me. i also played at higher level longer than u have black, nobody has ever mentioned you as a top tier player, once. ive competed right along side the top tier players for years. ive played beside ray, ollie, stefor, etc and they are very fucking good. some of my fav guys to play against or with, but they are not the same level as schaf mega or kapa were in their prime, and as i said nobody is a perfect 10. everyone has stuff they could have worked on and they werent undefeatable

im happy with the current ladder because it forces other maps other than terrace and titans. its nice. im having fun trying new things and stepping outside my comfort zone which i feel like i havent for years. trying to get tiger, top, ray etc on the ladder more..

black u barely play this game. so either you are trolling to be a dick or u just have nothing better to do in life than post and troll on a game u barely play. ur a nobody man. sorry. but true. nobody will remember u when this game is done. and im guessing nobody is thinking about u right now or u wouldnt be on a forum for a game u barely fucking play trying to talk about who and who isnt good. u have no idea. ur NOBODY

It’s interesting that you bring up how little I play as a negative thing. I mean you have hundreds of thousands of more hours of experience than me on this game over all and yet I’ve still managed to match your skill level on terrace and I don’t think I’ve ever even struggled vs you under any circumstances on any other map. I was just telling NME last night that I’d prefer ssgohan over you as an Allie on any map other than terrace.

the reason my opinion matters is because I was around and competed vs these names in the games competitive prime. They all hated and couldn’t stand you and everyone of them considered you a waste of time until deep into the xwis era. Your opinions are based of past top player conversations on forums. There were a lot of players on schaf/mega/Kapas level. Schaf and Ziege were a great 2v2 team but a lot of that was just because oh how well they worked together similar to tiger/top. People like goldnglow, middlesky,dayofdoom,bill94, countless others were just as good or better under certain circumstances. But you wouldn’t know that because they weren’t as popular with the forum leaders which is where you get all your knowledge and opinions from.

Schaf/Ziege were considered the best 2v2 team for a while but they lost tons of games to people like Aphrodite/Stefor, Middlesky/a1mighty1 etc.. 

How pissed off are you that even this far in the future past the games prime you still can’t get away with your bullshit? You must be so mad that you still can’t get away with telling people you were an old school pro who didn’t cheat. Don’t worry though, one day I will probably move on and give you your space to convince the new school weirdos that play this game that you were some kind of legend from the past. 

Your logic is so stupid in reference to skill ranking. If you want to be an idiot and say nobody is a 10 then “9.5” is the highest level of achievement giving it the same meaning as 10 would if gave that out. Fine?on a scale of 1-9.5 then they are 9.5s.. There’s no point or even including 10 if your criteria for it is unobtainable.

Middlesky is absolutely a 10 even under your shit criteria he was extremely impressive in every aspect of the game. Short game, long game, unit control, offense, defense, good at every map, good on blue and green tib, good on TS and Firestorm, good with gdi and nod, good at 1v1, 2v2, 4,4.. great pressure, great recovery, great game IQ, etc. he had no weaknesses and I could say the same thing about at least 50 other people.

First of all Bill 94 was not good at Tiberian Sun. He ran NGU which was taken to rank 1 by bombu and mega as a favor to him. He was more of a lobby guy. Sigh.  Secondly middle sky was very good but nothing I would consider anywhere near players like Ray or Aphrodite or stefor even who are below schaf Kappa and mega. I beat middle sky so much that one time he tried to cheat and map and screwed up the screen shot and got banned for it . Ask Ryan yourself, I bet he will admit it. If not ill use archive.org and find the cncgamer topic, ive referenced it before. You don't know what you're talking about m I probably got good in like 2003 maybe... but even before that I was in Crew* with Tight4lif, Gate with Mammy2k1 before he went full cheat mode, and even -moon- slightly after their prime, thanks to a tryout vs schaf I won that Alex and Obiwan watched. I was helped to get good by Ray way way way back when, and A1mighty1 who was the better half of the Goldnglow/A1 combo. I was consistently beating the "top" players. Thus I got called a cheater all the time, and the games still appear on CNCGAMer as well. The people that gave me the most trouble always were Schaf, Kapa and Mega. Calling me a cheater gets old. Hearddddd it. XWIS came out with autoss, still beating the same people. lol. Theres 0 proof  anywhere ever of me cheating. You ask the top players who have been forever, if im top tier. Ive proven myself for years I can compete and win versus the best players. You holding your own vs me on tezz? What cuz u beat me 1 in 10 games if ur lucky? If your gdi on 1 map? LOL get outta here peewee. Im still beating to this day on a bad setup the best players there are GDI or NOD and on any map. You saying middlesky had no weakness is a fucking joke. Suck his dick much? Everyone has a weakness. Ask ryan about mapping (and losing ) vs me ...see if he admits it or ill find the topic. 

Edited by TRZ
  • Like 1

Yet another possibly productive topic derailed by trz' moronic lies and unrelated bullshit.  Might as well close or the mods should do a better job of moderating....

Why is there such an abundance of inflammatory and irrelevant commentary allowed on these forums?

Edited by c0rpsmakr

again, c0rps what have i lied about? when u say things say what i lied about. just dont say oh trz lied. u tried that before and  i post ss after ss. i said i owned u 5x in a row. "trz lies" i post ss of last 5 games owning u. trz ur banned. lasts 1 hr. get owned again. ur a rager boi. a lil rage kiddo. when u lose like u do today. 11x vs mola. 11x....rage...on him. call him noob. i own u last mth 3x in a row to take ur #1 spot. RAGE. what did i lie about kiddo? tell me pls

all u do is rage. u cry about oh this guy doesnt expand uses harv bombs. as u sit for 30 min no attack and just harv hunt. a harv bomb owns u and u cry. mola owned ur ass 6x in a fucking row clearly wasnt the harv bombs. u need to just sit down and be quiet. AGAIN what did i lie about? keep calling me a liar...about....? waiting....? was fun ownin ur ass 3x in a row to steal ur rank btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 1