Tiberian Sun 1v1 Tournament with Cash prizes.

dkeeton

I'd consider a come back  ;)

I guess y'all know my diego login the best.  Whatsup?

If you are signing up for the tourney it may be a good idea to play a few games and make sure your settings are setup correctly :P  Let us know...

When is this planned for?

I hope Ray or C0rpsmakr win, cause they are donating their winnings to make next tournie 2x prize value :D

I'd be willing to join the tournament and the idea of returning our winnings, same as Ray and Joe Blow, into a 2nd tourney and so on and so on.  This shit is chump change compared to what our time is valued at IRL and would also encourage many new players to join in competition and improve their skills levels in order to have a chance at higher and higher "jackpots" of winnings.

You haven't heard of Aestethic? You are in for a big shock when you play him. He's the best player I have come across on recent months, c0rps & ray being the only exceptions.

Whoever he is, he has told me he is not playing in this tourney.

Official rules for the tournament. (click)

Check-in will begin at 6pm Eastern on June 11th. Games will begin at 6:15 - 6:30pm. (Check your Timezone http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=5,12,2643743&h=5&sts=24426960&sln=18-19&a=preview)

Everyone who has signed up for the tournament, please read and understand the rules.

Edit: Google wrecked the formatting Attached is the pdf version.

TiberianSun1v1tournamentrules.pdf

en3rgy he played with us in few 2v2 (not u ) but i believe cambria, humble etc, and got utterly owned. he even got mad and challenged me 1v1 few times so i thought he was benny again lol and lost miserably. not worried. ray/c0rps/carnage, thats all i worry bout

I streamed a few of the games and recorded the games I streamed.  Going to also stream / record all of the semi finales and finales.

Can we have the link please? Thanx.

We still have to comment on, convert, and upload to a YouTube channel.  We should have the recorded games up in a day or two.

This looks like a great initiative. A few generous individuals donating to prize pool, respect to these people.

A few ideas, Maybe there could be a sign up fee for every player participating in future tournaments, you could also add a feature where a player can pay both their own and another players fee if they wish to do so. If there are more payment methods available such as Paypal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Bitcoins there will be more donations. Also there should be an easy way to donate and show appreciation directly to the ones who host the tournaments since there goes alot of time and effort in to that.

Good luck with this event!

This looks like a great initiative. A few generous individuals donating to prize pool, respect to these people.

A few ideas, Maybe there could be a sign up fee for every player participating in future tournaments, you could also add a feature where a player can pay both their own and another players fee if they wish to do so. If there are more payment methods available such as Paypal, Neteller, Moneybookers, Bitcoins there will be more donations. Also there should be an easy way to donate and show appreciation directly to the ones who host the tournaments since there goes alot of time and effort in to that.

Good luck with this event!

Several others have also suggested a sign-up fee.  I like your idea of allowing players to pay for other players fees, that could help a lot.

We wanted to make this first attempt as simple as possible, but have some more intricate ideas for future events.

As far as donating to Xme and I, both of us would much rather see old players coming back and playing, than sending us money.  All of our time and effort put into this and other projects are for the purpose of bringing old players back / boosting activity.  I do think, however, that it would be a great idea to allow donations to go towards increasing the cash prizes of these events.

We are considering hosting a 2v2 tourney next, possibly on Throwback or The Pit, and considering hosting a 3v3 tourney after that on Area 51 or maybe even A River Runs Near It (I noticed a lot of modders are exceptionally good on this map and this is one of the most balanced maps in the entire game).

Also -  As I keep saying, ladder and even clans will be back to TS relatively soon.  When this happens, it will allow us to host month long events and get a lot more creative.

Just a suggestion: I'd establish the tournament as a regular event (with a stable pool of players) before looking at introducing a sign-up fee as it may put people off from entering.  However, I suppose it depends on how much the fee will be and how many players are willing to contribute....

In my opinion, River Runs Near is the best 3 on 3 WW map. Period. ????

my only concern about this particular tournament was the timing issues. first of all its really hard to get everyone on at the same time when we are all over the world. however the rules were set out and i quote verbatim. checkin will begin at 6pm and games will begin at 615pm to 630pm.  well as i read that check in was at 6 and all those signed up would be able to play. at 615. to 630. well xme and humble yall  allowed the sign ups to continue til past 730 i think mostly because you were upset ray didnt get on board til an hour later lol. you had 16 people ready to play, those that made it on time, and it kept changing exponentially for an hour and a half, adding brackets, adding people.

i set aside time to play at a little after 6, and because of all the changes i didnt get to my game til 8pm and by that time it was too late, i had my family back home, and others on internet that lagged me, so i had to drop out. which was a shame. i wouldnt have minded ollie, ray, etc playing vs me, hell id have played them the first round, but they werent on time, they came an hour later, then an hour and a half later than what i read for the sign ups, so did many other people. i cant sit around all day as the rules bend and change. next time it needs to be whoever makes it on time, thats it. because 16 people did, we were ready to go. yall nearly lost destroy3r and tigerr (k4yok3n) too because of the time it took to actually get going and all the time bending and late sign ups

they need to get the ladder back on, or figure out some sort of way to just play games as time permits - its too difficult with so many time zones, and now we are all older, and have certain times only to get on. for instance i couldnt play in the end, c0rps cant cuz he works saturdays etc.

i also think a sign up fee is a bad idea so early in figuring this shit out ...and getting it working properly.

ty to xme and humble though for the tremendous efforts

id also suggest never playing a tournie on throwback if its 2v2, thats a god awful 2v2 map, its like bbg but in a ww aesthetic --- you need to do like terrace, or grand canyon, even forest fires, etc.  lol. i dont even know what the pit is. area 51 ive only played once or twice i think that was sebs map? could be ok? river runs needs to fix the glitches first. harvs will stop all the time top right. etc