Ladder forum and a status update

Grant

Q: What's been happening then, it's been ages!

* Yuri's Revenge has now made some great progress and now generates stats like the rest of the games thanks to CCHyper and XmeXyou

* Tahj has been doing a lot of work and rewriting a new auth for the Leaderboard, along with creating the first set of tests of YR stats.

Q: When will the Leaderboard be back online, you said summer!

A: When it's ready! We're hoping that's real soon. Though please note everyone at CnCNet who contributes does so in their spare-time. Sometimes as many will appreciate, how much time we actually get to write code some nights can be very little.

Q: How will creating nicknames work?

A: You will be able to create a nickname for the leaderboard within the client. You will be asked to provide the nickname you wish to create, an email you want associated to the account, along with a password.

Q: Will I be forced to use the leaderboard and create an account?

A: No you will not be forced to sign up, you will be free to connect as a guest as per normal.

Q: How will this work with impersonators and the leaderboard if guests are able to play? If they are logged in as my nickname, will that interfere with my stats?

A: It will not interfere with your stats. When you login with your account, impersonators will be dealt automatically by some means not yet confirmed. When you login with your account, you will always be able to compete. If for whatever reason your nickname is being used by someone else, and you have logged in and the client has changed your nickname to for example: nickname_1, you will still be able to play tournament games as the client will recognize you as the official user to the nickname you registered.  TLDR: In short, don't worry we've got it covered. 

Any Leaderboard discussions should now be discussed in this forum.

Great work! Hopeful to get a great clanning system as that is very important for the yuri's community.

Absolutely Ronnie - I cannot wait for some ranked games on yuri - its been a few yrs since ive played these games, and i love the game still ha !

• 4 weeks later...

So a visual update for you guys. These are some of the stats coming in from the games you are playing on YR. As you can see the game is generating stats, and the client is sending them in (currently all under a single demo account). 

Tahj and I still have lots we want to achieve before there becomes a testing release, but we'll be keeping you updated. Those who are developers can also contribute via GitHub if you're interested in helping.

sneakpreview.png.7af0574bd707a46d96b511ef9ef9144a.png

sneakpreview2.png.49959dd638eba73d77a32f63b8936160.png

• 3 months later...

So a visual update for you guys. These are some of the stats coming in from the games you are playing on YR. As you can see the game is generating stats, and the client is sending them in (currently all under a single demo account). 

Tahj and I still have lots we want to achieve before there becomes a testing release, but we'll be keeping you updated. Those who are developers can also contribute via GitHub if you're interested in helping.

:laugh:

• 1 month later...

Any update on ladder progress? This guy is ripe for a ladder and clan system. I see everyday 100-300 people on and a ton of so-so to decent players who are actively playing. A clan system would be the second coming of jesus christ to this game right now. (i.e. it would help them get better and more addicted to the game, ensuring future success!)

• 1 month later...

Any update on ladder progress? This guy is ripe for a ladder and clan system. I see everyday 100-300 people on and a ton of so-so to decent players who are actively playing. A clan system would be the second coming of jesus christ to this game right now. (i.e. it would help them get better and more addicted to the game, ensuring future success!)

yeah true this. i am exactly what you describe: an active decent player who wants to prove noobs that i can and will beat them in a 1v1 because a number says so.

yes we want ladders

• Grant unpinned this topic