Change maximum of Tanks & Troops?

Nico1300

Hey Guys  XD Me and my friends are playing c&c with peace-time. Because of this our army is very enormous. But then you can't build more. We reached the maximum of units  :mad: Can you change the maximum of buildings in an online game? This would be cool! Sry for my Bad English I'm from Austria ^^

It was tested but caused the game to lag.

true.

The limits are a bit higher than in the original game, but we couldn't go too high since it wasn't working well.

If you only play with friends then you guys can modify the limits in spawn.xdp with notepad. Afterwards share the file with all your friends to be able to join the same game room

You know that what frustrates me with these limits is. That when one player has them all, no other player can build them.

Having separate maximums per player, would be many times better. And perhaps a count down in the upper left or right corner that shows you how much you may build, when getting close to the personal limit.

Couldn't you just modify the [Maximums] tag and copy and paste it in a map?

[Maximums]

Players=8 ; ipx layer limits this to 8 maximum

Aircraft=100

Anim=100

Building=500

Bullet=50

Factory=32              ; 32 is minimum for 8 player game

Infantry=500

Overlay=1              ; special case -- only needs one

Projectile=20          ; projectile types, not actual projectiles

Smudge=1                ; special case -- only needs one

Team=60

TeamType=60

Template=1              ; special case -- only needs one

Terrain=500            ; trees and rocks

TrigType=80            ; trigger types

Trigger=200            ; triggers themselves

Unit=500

Vessel=100

Warhead=10              ; warhead types, not actual warheads

Weapon=55              ; weapon types, not actual weapons

No that's not possible, [Maximums] is only read at the startup of the game from RULES.INI directly (it's never loaded from the map and it's impossible to change that), and the game loads (only once) the data heaps based on [Maximums]

You know that what frustrates me with these limits is. That when one player has them all, no other player can build them.

Wow... I never realized that, I don't actually play RA much. That seems like a huge oversight. Having something like SC supply depots would be an interesting way to overcome that. Maybe RedAlert++ can implement maximums per player.

Yeah the maximums are shared by all players. Per player maximums would be better (with a counter for maximums added to game to so you can see if you're close to your maximum).

It's kinda good the way it is currently, faster/better players will have more units.

If the limit is per player then it turns into an advantage for the worse players.

why not just remove the maximums at all?

The game will lag when there are thousands of units on the map (we tested that before)

Yeah the maximums are shared by all players. Per player maximums would be better (with a counter for maximums added to game to so you can see if you're close to your maximum).

It's kinda good the way it is currently, faster/better players will have more units.

If the limit is per player then it turns into an advantage for the worse players.

I don't think that the good players will notice this. They will simply be... better any way. Perhaps, it will grow into a new challenge for the good players? And give the bad players a little bit more leverage? But that is my oppinion.

Good point.

Obvious point. (face slap)

It would lead to faction limits. But that needs to be balanced as well. Eventually a limit per unit could work best. Also taking in regards, that each faction has a different number of different units.

In this case, if it can't be altered. The shared limits are good as they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Formerly it was possible to limit the editor RAED, but now this options (MaxBuilding, MaxUnit, MaxInfantry, MaxVessel) are bloqued. Imagine that someone blocked them because no effect.

But what happens with maximus teamtypes and triggers? I would like to increase them in my maps. How would it be possible?