Who is your favourite player - and why?

Adam

So who do you / have you always looked upto in regards to players for style of play, control of units, macro, micro, skills, lameness, absolute "legendariness" or for some other reason.

I would personally say that for me it is 2 people for 2 different reasons:

w0nna - for his style of play with allies and bringing allies to life when most of the gamers played as soviets. he was able to hold his own for a very long time whilst the best people (in my opinion) were playing the game back in the wol / xcl days.

marko - for his unique controlled style which can completely destroy most people no matter what team they are playing / map it is on. his control of units, style of play, eco control is very solid on a very consistant basis.

Who has your vote?

w0nna - for his style of play with allies and bringing allies to life when most of the gamers played as soviets. he was able to hold his own for a very long time whilst the best people (in my opinion) were playing the game back in the wol / xcl days.

w0nna? Really? Not saying he wasn't "good" but the guy was a literally freewin or at least a certain 3-1 for me. There's heaps of better "allied" players.

marko - for his unique controlled style which can completely destroy most people no matter what team they are playing / map it is on. his control of units, style of play, eco control is very solid on a very consistant basis.

Yeah, emphasis is on most;)

Can't really go wrong with Marko / Tomi / Wonna. These guys truly knew how to play QM on all styles and settings. Remarkable to watch.

I always hated M4STER's Style of play, but I have to admit he used everything he could to become a better competitor, there is some respect in that style, even tho I disagree with him being 'good' (he had to use everything to his advantage to be around rank 20).

Chris (veg), dkwolf, intagrand, murlaw, miamijc and henl all had styles of play that I thoroughly enjoyed for different reasons, and ultimately that I wish I could have emulated more.

But, to try and break it down:

Veg - intelligent game play utilizing gaps and spies very effectively

Dkwolf - very aggressive with little downtime in between attacks

Intagrand - dedicated to optimizing builds at a time when many others weren't as concerned with that

Murlaw - incredible awareness - this dude saw everything. ESPECIALLY impressive when you learn he was deaf

Miamijc - took me under his wing when I got to --ba-- and just was all around intelligent. Taught me the "whys" of the game.

Henl - all around incredible. Very meticulous. Really didn't let any resources, units or actions go to waste

I remember Miamijc he was a good dude..we used to talk alot since he was from down the way from me..i cant swear cause its been so long but i think his name was Tony.

For me Ironclad was one of the early greats who spent time trying to help a noob. Not necessarly the best ever but some great friends and m8s for me were Mon4rch, Killetiff,Wired, Judmir4g3 and of course WiganFC =)

Chris (veg), dkwolf, intagrand, murlaw, miamijc and henl all had styles of play that I thoroughly enjoyed for different reasons, and ultimately that I wish I could have emulated more.

But, to try and break it down:

Veg - intelligent game play utilizing gaps and spies very effectively

Dkwolf - very aggressive with little downtime in between attacks

Intagrand - dedicated to optimizing builds at a time when many others weren't as concerned with that

Murlaw - incredible awareness - this dude saw everything. ESPECIALLY impressive when you learn he was deaf

Miamijc - took me under his wing when I got to --ba-- and just was all around intelligent. Taught me the "whys" of the game.

Henl - all around incredible. Very meticulous. Really didn't let any resources, units or actions go to waste

henl - wow, i remember this guy was pretty damn awesome in QM vs me a hell of a lot!!! some very good games and some guy i didnt really know anything about at the time apart from quite a beast with sovs vs me.

dkwolf was a very strong player i remember also! :)

I remember Miamijc he was a good dude..we used to talk alot since he was from down the way from me..i cant swear cause its been so long but i think his name was Tony.

For me Ironclad was one of the early greats who spent time trying to help a noob. Not necessarly the best ever but some great friends and m8s for me were Mon4rch, Killetiff,Wired, Judmir4g3 and of course WiganFC =)

I can't be certain - it's been years once we've talked, but I believe miamijc's name was Jason (hence the JC at the end)

I'm pretty sure I was the only Tony in --ba--

I remember when I first started getting into the community the WW forums were still open and I lurked around those. That first month ir0nclad was towards the top of the rankings and my friend (Blade4242) and I had just each hit rank 900 something. He ended up getting matched with clad and canceled out of the game lmao

Looking back, it would have been a great opportunity to really see him play. Unfortunately for us, it was another year before wed both join --ba-- and ir0nclad had already moved on to WC3 by then :-(

I can't be certain - it's been years once we've talked, but I believe miamijc's name was Jason (hence the JC at the end)

I'm pretty sure I was the only Tony in --ba--

yea it been a long ass time  maybe it was Jason...nice kid though i remember.

I remember when I first started getting into the community the WW forums were still open and I lurked around those. That first month ir0nclad was towards the top of the rankings and my friend (Blade4242) and I had just each hit rank 900 something. He ended up getting matched with clad and canceled out of the game lmao

Looking back, it would have been a great opportunity to really see him play. Unfortunately for us, it was another year before wed both join --ba-- and ir0nclad had already moved on to WC3 by then :-(

That's funny ...i met him in a qm as well and after a pulverazation i asked for help so he would work with me when he had spare time.

• 3 years later...
On 11/1/2016 at 9:07 PM, -AuF- AuFRuLeR said:

I would love to talk to MoN4RcH again. It’s been years. We used to talk on MSN messenger. I was in AuF with him. I remember him taking me under his wing. We had some amazing 2v2 clan matches. I remember him as Tomo? Maybe. Shit, hard to remember his name. I think WiganFC was Dave? My name is Brent, doubtful anyone would remember me. I was decent, but not the best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:47 AM, depart3d said:

Brent? Holy shit. Another familiar name!

Yeah, he was Tomo alright.

You might remember me as Willy

I definitely remember a Willy. You were pretty good. It’s been so long but I recall you being pretty good with Allies? If anyone knows how to contact Tomo let me know! He was my closest friend on YR for sure. I remember him taking me into -AuF- even though I was a noob, lol