Here's a different idea for a turni

[AuF]Mindwar

First, I nominate Preppy to run it.

Second, the system works like this:

1 Win =  1 point, 1 game = 1 point, 1 loss = 0. (So winning gets you 2 points, playing gets you 1 point, losing does not matter)

The reason for this is, if you win games you have a chance at being in the top 10. If you play, you also have a chance however you have to play a lot of games. 
This not only encourages activity from all players, but it really does give ANYONE a chance at winning no matter how good they are.
(For example, Joe can play 50 games and lose them all, but he will still get 50 points. Chandler can play 25 games and win them all, also giving him 50 points)

Rules: Cant play a person more than 6 times total, no matter wins/losses.
I think we have a good selection of maps/settings from other topics. Semi fair/balanced maps only, no crates, etc.
No yuri, no france.
Each player picks 3 maps
No streaming needed but would be nice, but players have to agree on wins/losses otherwise no games count. IF there are a lot of discrepancies relayed to a specific player they can be kicked from the turni.

Last but not least, how the winners are chosen.
3 prizes, based on however much people donate. I won the 2v2 with Tej, Joe still has my money so he can use that towards the prize.
The winners are chosen randomly from the top spots. Top  1+2+3 will all have a chance the first place prize. 4+5+6 will have a chance at second. 7+8+9+10 will have a chance at 3rd.
If we have say 50 players enter, we can always spread out the chances to top 5, 10, and 15 players, or what ever is needed.

This is not well planned out by any means, just an idea that popped into my head.

Any thoughts?

• Upvote 1

It's a swell idea for a tournament however there are a couple of problems.

1. It would be very difficult to enforce people to play in any reasonable time. We saw how slow ZigZag's tounrament processed. 

2. Getting the word out and getting people aware of it so that they'd actually participate would be difficult. We've seen how difficult it is to get people from the game onto the forums posting about their results.

3. With the Ra2 2on2 tournament starting in XWIS, Grant's/CNCNet's new ladder testing starting, and NGWOL's new ladder it seems like people would be more occupied in these things rather than this tournament. So it might not be the best time.

• Upvote 2

i would like to play this thin but i like to sudgest a 2 vs 2 games alsow .

my questions : 

1_ when it is going to start ?

2_ why no yuri and no france? allow all better .

3_ARE YOU OUT FROM YOU MIND? IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBE TO GET 50 player

SUDGESTION : at least say games must recorded or streamed to evode players if they disagree or say "you didin't beat me stop lieying" and this kind of stuff.

7 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

It's a swell idea for a tournament however there are a couple of problems.

1. It would be very difficult to enforce people to play in any reasonable time. We saw how slow ZigZag's tounrament processed. 

2. Getting the word out and getting people aware of it so that they'd actually participate would be difficult. We've seen how difficult it is to get people from the game onto the forums posting about their results.

3. With the Ra2 2on2 tournament starting in XWIS, Grant's/CNCNet's new ladder testing starting, and NGWOL's new ladder it seems like people would be more occupied in these things rather than this tournament. So it might not be the best time.

What better time to use the new ladder than having a turni!

Having people help spread the word is not that hard, tell people in games for next few weeks and start it in June.

Also, we can give it a deadline like July 15th and the winners are chosen on that date no matter what. It's up to the players to play the games.

5 hours ago, JSDS said:

i would like to play this thin but i like to sudgest a 2 vs 2 games alsow .

my questions : 

1_ when it is going to start ?

2_ why no yuri and no france? allow all better .

3_ARE YOU OUT FROM YOU MIND? IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBE TO GET 50 player

SUDGESTION : at least say games must recorded or streamed to evode players if they disagree or say "you didin't beat me stop lieying" and this kind of stuff.

We have to work out details before we pick a start date.

Yuri and France are OP and lead to shitty cheap games.

Obviously it won't be 50 players.

Requiring a stream has been a mess in every turni so far. The "You didn't beat me stop lying" thing can be solved easily. If people continue to have problems, they're kicked.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AuF- AuFRuLeR said:

There's 2 things happening here that i'm very impressed with 

1) Justin "making a good point"

and 2)  Justin quoting JSDS and responding in a civilized manner.:D

Lol yea weird

• 3 weeks later...

(For example, Joe can play 50 games and lose them all, but he will still get 50 points. Chandler can play 25 games and win them all, also giving him 50 points) this made me laugh :) poor joe. having time on the weekends now i might sign up for this testing of the ladder aswell.

as for the tourny it could work if people played the biggest problem with the last one was that Jason was a noob. Also the streaming made it harder to get games and a streamer.

13 minutes ago, [nra]Buffalo said:

(For example, Joe can play 50 games and lose them all, but he will still get 50 points. Chandler can play 25 games and win them all, also giving him 50 points) this made me laugh :) poor joe. having time on the weekends now i might sign up for this testing of the ladder aswell.

as for the tourny it could work if people played the biggest problem with the last one was that Jason was a noob. Also the streaming made it harder to get games and a streamer.

Id argue about your comment's...but its probably true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...