RA1 weird AI behaviour and almost destroyed keyboard

Salvation

This is a very long post, but i'm gonna trying to be short:

Im currently having a problem with AI behaviour with my current mission. My plan is to do next: USSR must capture and defend four different technology centers. If any technology centers gets destroyed -> mission is failed. Each captured technology center gives you a four General units at your usage. The mission is completed when all Technology Centers are captured and enemy forces are destroyed.

Currently when my engineer gets in Technology Center -> The units will come out but if someone destroys the technology center -> game continues running but no mission failed screen...

Here is the trigger:

Name:      +1
Owner:     Greece
Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)
Type:      complex (event1 => action1; event2 => action2)

Event 1:   Entered by...USSR
Event 2:   Destroyed by anybody

Action 1:  Global Set... 1
Action 2:  Loser is... USSR

Linked to: Buildings - 1

and the [Trig] itself : +1=0,1,3,1,1,-1,2,7,-1,0,28,-1,-1,1,2,-1,-1,-254

Another problem [SEE THE ATTACHED PICTURE]:

Currently Spain does have a four different patrols which will be created shortly after mission is started. The Tanks near at the Number 1 should be a one team and they should patrol nearby.

The tank and two riflemen near the Number 2 are our own, independent team and they does not have anything relating on team number one. HOWEVER! Right after the mission starts -> One of the Team 1 tanks will switch places with Team 2 tank?! The red line means that those two tanks will switch places (see the attached picture).

Here are the codes for this:

Name:      grd2
Owner:     Spain
Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:   Elapsed Time (1/10th min)... 1

Action 1:  Create Team... grd2

and Teamtype:

Name:     grd2
Owner:    Spain
Priority: 14
Max:      0
Num:      0
WayPoint: 50

Team:     Light Tank            2

Orders:   0 Move to waypoint... 51
          1 Guard area (1/10th min)... 2
          2 Move to waypoint... 52
          3 Guard area (1/10th min)... 2
          4 Move to waypoint... 50
          5 Guard area (1/10th min)... 2
          6 Jump to line #... 0

Linked triggers: grd2

PROBLEM NUMBER THREE! Right after start, there are two 2TNK units placed on South-West and South-East. The unit from South-West should start patrolling. BUT! The 2TNK which is placed on South-East will actually starts doing that?!?!?! Both are Guard -stance and but if i set the 2TNK from South-East Area Guard -stance it will stay where it is supposed to and the unit in South-West will patrol as i've planned.

I'm very frustated on this and during this evening i almost destroyed my keyboard and throw PC out of the window... this is very frustating since feels like nothing is not gonna work and i don't know or understand why! This mission is meant to come the next version of Command & Conquer REDUX for Red Alert 95 which im currently working on...

vitun romu 2.png

Edited by Salvation
edited quotes

Problems with patrols has been fixed. My first post contained an attached image, where Team 2 consist with two Riflemen and one 1TNK -> Changed their side into Goodguy and now they works fine.

However, i still need help with the Technology Centers. My idea was next:

1) Player captures technology center -> Reinforcements will arrive inside the center

2) If anyone destroys technology center -> Mission failed.

Currently when my Engineer captures building -> Reinforcements will arrive inside the technology center. After it has been captured -> anyone destroys it -> nothing happens.

Any help?

Currently the trigger is next:

Name:      +1
Owner:     USSR
Type:      complex (event1 => action1; event2 => action2)

Event 1:   Entered by...USSR
Event 2:   Destroyed by anybody

Action 1:  Global Set... 1
Action 2:  Loser is... USSR

Linked to: Buildings - 1

[Trig]

+1=0,2,3,1,1,-1,2,7,-1,0,28,-1,-1,1,2,-1,-1,-254

EDIT:Also my idea is that ALL four technology centers must be captured and ALL enemy structures must destroy before mission is accomplished. That trigger i haven't created yet, since i want to advance step-by-step.

Edited by Salvation
Added my idea