Peculiar Things About RA2/YR...

fir3w0rx

• All the units that have been zapped by chrono legionnaires... where do they go?
  • How come an MCV is affected by a desolator's toxic waste, but not when it's deployed?
  • Glitch: No matter which color I pick, my sentry gun and tesla coil on my side bar are always red, as well as other soviet structures like my warfactory, barracks, reactor, depot and naval yard.
  • Glitch: No matter which country I choose, when I hover my mouse over the units/structures on the side bar, the currency is always in dollars. Why doesn't it change to euro, won or dinar when I'm using Germany, Korea or Libya?
  • Shadows of buildings point north-east, suggesting that the sun is at the opposite; south-west. But shadows of vehicles and infantry are directly below, which suggests that there is another sun directly above. What planet is this??? And V3 rockets don't cast shadows at all. :blink:
  • Upvote 1

1. "Removing"

2. Deploying sets up a shield.

3. all the other soviet colours are just puppetmilitia. they buy their arms from russia which display their selection of arms for them in a magazine

4. ra2 is set in a alternative timeline where dollar became the global currency

5. illuminati, the sun is a lie

#solved

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, heldro said:

1. "Removing"

2. Deploying sets up a shield.

3. all the other soviet colours are just puppetmilitia. they buy their arms from russia which display their selection of arms for them in a magazine

4. ra2 is set in a alternative timeline where dollar became the global currency

5. illuminati, the sun is a lie

#solved

1. But energy can't be created nor destroyed, so the victims of the chrono legionnaires must have gone somewhere.

2. How come siege choppers are affected, and GIs too when deployed?

3. Oh ok. Well it is called 'RED Alert 2' after all :D and the old communist Russia loved red and saw it as a color of beauty.

4. Ah yes, true. The allied campaign ending was the canon ending. So yes.

5. Really? I knew it! Just like the supposed spherical shaped earth.

#partiallysolved

16 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

All the units that have been zapped by chrono legionnaires... where do they go?

Erased from time and existence. Like Einstein did to Hitler in Red Alert.

How come an MCV is affected by a desolator's toxic waste, but not when it's deployed?

Allied buildings are immune to toxic waste.

Glitch: No matter which country I choose, when I hover my mouse over the units/structures on the side bar, the currency is always in dollars. Why doesn't it change to euro, won or dinar when I'm using Germany, Korea or Libya?

They converted their currency to dollars probably because the person we are buying from doesn't accept other currency.

Glitch: No matter which color I pick, my sentry gun and tesla coil on my side bar are always red, as well as other soviet structures like my warfactory, barracks, reactor, depot and naval yard.

Those picture are just for illustration purposes. The original soviet buildings are in red so they took a picture of them in red and left it in the catalog.

Edited by ore_truck
  • Like 1

The only worthy topic for talking about game!

14 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:
  • All the units that have been zapped by chrono legionnaires... where do they go?
  • How come an MCV is affected by a desolator's toxic waste, but not when it's deployed?
  • Glitch: No matter which color I pick, my sentry gun and tesla coil on my side bar are always red, as well as other soviet structures like my warfactory, barracks, reactor, depot and naval yard.
  • Glitch: No matter which country I choose, when I hover my mouse over the units/structures on the side bar, the currency is always in dollars. Why doesn't it change to euro, won or dinar when I'm using Germany, Korea or Libya?
  • Shadows of buildings point north-east, suggesting that the sun is at the opposite; south-west. But shadows of vehicles and infantry are directly below, which suggests that there is another sun directly above. What planet is this??? And V3 rockets don't cast shadows at all. :blink:

I had same questions when just stared to play + some other similar kind.

My answers:

• Chrono legionare freezes their time and they they fall to remain in the past.
  • Buildings are protected to the radioation, vehicles are not. You have to understand the main mcv concept: MCV - is a mobile construction vehicle which constructs a Construction Yard. Normally undeployable (campagin). But soldiers inside ConYard seems working hard to undeploy it back - in skirmish when you have "MCV Repacks" option enabled. Miners are robots with AI and are not vulnerable to radiation. Defense buildings have an AI too, because crew doesn't leave them when you sell them. How yuri prime comes to control them(defenses)? Bug in YR. These buildings must have infantry comes out when sell (YR). For RA2 it's ok. EA made the game illogical here.
  • Same for Allies, allied buildings always blue on the sidebar icons. Ofcouse this is related to the game engine - more difficult to make sidebar colors dynamic. But in the ingame-universe aspect this can be explained as the color on the sidebar is the native color of your side (Allies - blue, Soviet - red, Yuri - purple). So if you pick red color and start the game as america, your sidebar icons will be blue, your sidebar will be blue, your progress sector (percentage of build) will be blue, even the metal of your buildings and tanks will be bluish. You can't avoid that! Same for soviet side and for yuri. Purple - kinda between red and blue.
  • International friendship :).
  • I didn't think about that much, but can we suppose vehicles have an additional lamps to light on the shadows? 

... to be continued. Have 2 go now.

• Like 1

If you did the campaign, in last mission, you have to use the chronosphere to send Yuri Prime in the past, he got eaten by T-rex, so i think chrono-legionnaire send all in the past.

However, if you send BF, MVC etc. in the past, the human can kill all T-rex and all dinosaurus... so another story start... RA3 ? 

Ra3 is not like this so... we have to assume that Dinosaurus are OP vs humans, or the Asteroïd killed all humans also! We did not manage to avoid it! 

• Like 1

Bug: The ejection-seat mechanisms on the jets don't work. You can even hear the pilots trying to eject when going down; "EJECT, EJECT!", "BAIL OUT!". Probably the same people that made the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 made these eject mechanisms.

Edited by fir3w0rx
probably not a good idea to have ejection seats on choppers :P :P
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Tanks have no machine gun.

2. Tanks do pathetic damage to infantry. Infantry is in cover is not an excuse. HE shell can blow them up regardless. If that wont work small arm should deal low damage too.

3. GGI's rocket sucks against buildings, but somehow normal rifles can shoot buildings into rubble.

4. Planes have no anti air machine guns, and gets easily shot down by a guy with jetpack.

5. How does engineer convince an entire construction yard staff to switch side? 

6. Where does engineer go after capture buildings?

7. Why are miners tougher than apocalypse tank?

8. How is sea scorpion able to attack dolphin undersea via flak? 

9. How come SEAL's MP4 suck against tanks but conscript's PPSH SMG do alright?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, heldro said:

why are prism tanks so slow when they have such light armor.

and light weapon

Also. Yuri and Eva said GIant Squids were mind-controlled in RA2 but how Soviets can still buy them in YR after Yuri took their psychic technology from them.

4 minutes ago, ore_truck said:

and light weapon

Also. Yuri and Eva said GIant Squids were mind-controlled in RA2 but how Soviets can still buy them in YR after Yuri took their psychic technology from them.

Actually it is controled by a device on the head.