Lets talk about noobs

heldro

hi, im kind of late to answer on the noobs topic but

one thing is , i see noob joining good player hosting game and they ask, are you noob, the guys goes like yea well hmmm and they kick him

how do you want them to improve if you dont let them play ??? i ve been playing for 15 years, yes i prefer to play againts vets , but hey we all started somewhere , so i let them join my game without asking question, if they want or need  my help i play games with them , show them a good starting BO, you want good noob , be a good vet, they will become better, love the game more, get better and bring more people into the game

Edited by maximo
  • Like 4

the thing you're talking about happens so rare imo.

when you ask a noob if he's good or not, the chances to say "fuck you" is 80%.

most of these guys don't want to improve really.besides, most don't even know how to talk properly.

it's easy to see if a player wants to improve or not by simply seeing how they talk and how they react after losing.

if they'd be eager to learn and become better, there are many of us who could help by letting them observer good games and doing 1v1s with them later on.the truth is most people(like me) don't want to spoil their fun games by letting some noobs to play in them so we think that letting them obs will suffice. 

and now here rises another problem.

when you let some of these guys to obs game and learn, the game becomes laggy sometimes and they wouldn't leave the game because of their own(idk what) reasons. this is another problem with letting the noobs in games when you're not sure if you're going to have ggs with other guys or not.

some of the people i know that were noob once and became better over a few months are CekaJ, serbia and some others that i might have forgotten their names.(i haven't been here long myself probably about a year but still i know some of these guys who were eager to learn and they did)

so as an overall result of my opinion, 

1st noobs should be willing to learn the game themselves first.

2ndly, we could give them opportunities to learn but not at cost of ruining our own games.

• Upvote 2

You are proving me right with your answer, but i do understand your point ,its nice to have a great game without being call a cheater or any other thing but the  problem with cncnet is , you can change your nickname everytime you log in , so it impossible to know whos good , noob or pro,, i mean cncnet should change this and allow one nickname only, so everyone would know whos who and what, and it would create more rivalry,now there is almost no rivalry the guy lose one game, log out and log in, no point of getting better for some, if you cant change your nickname the need to get better will improve for some of them

• Like 3

On 1/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, FlyingMustache said:

The tournaments are frowned upon because there's no reason to do them. They're just arranged FFGs that are called "tournaments." It's all a facade that only encourages egotistical behavior. The toxicity is an element you're not taking into consideration. It's a dead game, and the toxic veterans don't help nurture the newer players.

Agreed. Thos veterans are disgusting 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Incredible how nobody like or put attention to my last comment that teach social relationships, anyway, if you play vs a guy better that you is good for you but bad for him, i think wee need a rank system for show how good a player is like in many other games exist, but yes wee need make an account and the player data can be save it in the game directory and cncnet just read it. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

seems like it only became worse, 250 people online, but seems like not even 10% is playing official settings & maps. is there no way to turn the tides? seems like the group of decent players playing official settings is only around 50 - 100 people...

really cant comprehend why people enjoy unlimited money & mod maps so much.

21 minutes ago, heldro said:

seems like it only became worse, 250 people online, but seems like not even 10% is playing official settings & maps. is there no way to turn the tides? seems like the group of decent players playing official settings is only around 50 - 100 people...

really cant comprehend why people enjoy unlimited money & mod maps so much.

You're making a false equivalency fallacy here. Not all custom maps are modded. Also, not all modded maps are infinite money. I think all the activity is fine. Not everyone is going to enjoy playing the same way as you.

If I’m complain about noibs then take one on as a trainee. It was easier on xwis when you were able to create clans and have some structure with a mass of people. But man up it takes under a month to get a complete newb good enough to learn by himself, and after two months they can be good enough to be considered good. But that’s with training.