Lets talk about noobs

heldro

47 minutes ago, Legolas said:

i can record through pc with bandicam. what's your problem?

it lags with obs, (dont know why because i streamed ok with it)(mabye i messed up the settings) hypercam runs fine but gameplay videos seem they been sped up to like 500mph, bandicam seems to make game lag a bit, i basically need help fixing the settings to make one of them work, prefferable OBS so i can stream and record.

Edited by ZiGZaG

4 hours ago, ZiGZaG said:

his is something ive been considering doing lately, a complete comprehensive set of video tutorials explaining everything.

Also if the noob/weaker player is willing to learn they will ask for advice most dont though

i think when i started my utube channel [2 months ago ] i said i will do this as well it's not an issue for me i can record and upload at 1080 and even 60 FPS if i want but i bought 2 mic ever since both will give u cancer just hearing them and iam w8ing on the 3rd one to arrive  Soon yet i thought if a more experienced player would do these it would be better rather than doing them myself might miss a point or 2 anyway iam willing to help at any if u rly ganna do it
 i'm using Bandicam btw

Edited by DoDger

2 minutes ago, DoDger said:

i think when i started my utube channel [2 months ago ] i said i will do this as well it's not an issue for me i can record and upload at 1080 and even 60 FPS if i want but i bought 2 mic ever since both will give u cancer just hearing them and iam w8ing on the 3rd one to arrive  Soon yet i thought if a more experienced player would do these it would be better rather than doing them myself might miss a point or 2 anyway iam willing to help at any if u rly ganna do it
 i'm using Bandicam btw

u got skype? mabye you can help me with settings and do videos with me?

35 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

u got skype? mabye you can help me with settings and do videos with me?

i do hv skype i don't use it much tho iam more active on FB but i think it would work with both as for helping u with setting and videos Ofc np but as i pointed out i can't do voice chat atm bcuz of the mic

51 minutes ago, JSDS said:

ffs another topic with 100 lines posts.

FFS another youngster who can't read or muster the patience to concentrate on something longer than a Twatter post, with his face stuck in the smartphone screen like he's expecting to find the meaning of life spewed onto his face from Zuckerberg's cock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

FFS another youngster who can't read or muster the patience to concentrate on something longer than a Twatter post, with his face stuck in the smartphone screen like he's expecting to find the meaning of life spewed onto his face from Zuckerberg's cock.

??????????????????????????????? 

Are you 12 ? 

36 minutes ago, JSDS said:

??????????????????????????????? 

Are you 12 ? 

4 hours ago, JSDS said:

ffs another topic with 100 lines posts.

You could have ignored the topic seeing as you're not motivated to invest time into it, however, instead you choose to cry out that this thread ruined your immaculate expectations of the forums. Contribute to the topic instead of portraying yourself as a 12-year-old with no thought before your actions.

I look forward to reading more 'top' quality input from that abyss you would call a brain.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

My experience:

Today a noob who only plays mod maps (terrorwgd) would argue with me until death telling me he knows for  a fact that 4 eagles can kill an ic, based on his xwis pro knowledge...come  on

then we got the weu guy today too..spamming lobby for pro only, trash talking anyone he beats...just recorded his idiocy and him getting owned.  there is no reaching an idiot of his caliber...but i feel like mustache and his crew are kinda on the right track by having the discord group and once in a while helping newer players.  but i think still as i always thought - the game is about winning and losing.  everyone wants to win whether they admit it or not.  just give pointers here and there and players will improve

On 2/3/2018 at 12:24 AM, FReQuEnZy said:

You could have ignored the topic seeing as you're not motivated to invest time into it, however, instead you choose to cry out that this thread ruined your immaculate expectations of the forums. Contribute to the topic instead of portraying yourself as a 12-year-old with no thought before your actions.

I look forward to reading more 'top' quality input from that abyss you would call a brain.

well,

this is a public forums so anybody can read it .my point is : instead of typing that 100 lines just try to make it short can be readed if less time .

clearly i should have ignored the topic since it have you posting in it . now stop quoting what i'm saying too many notifications .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, JSDS said:

this is a public forums so anybody can read it .my point is : instead of typing that 100 lines just try to make it short can be readed if less time .

you could have at least "complained" about it in a normal and constructive manner if you didn't like it, instead of acting like an angry teenager yelling "ffs another topic with 100 lines"

On 2/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, Lud0wig said:

You can do that if you attack the Iron Curtain then drop them on it, works with a Conyard too l0l

well in this case, the map was modded so that 4 eagles would kill an ic normally.  but it was argued that that was normal and that it was not a modded map....

Well i dislike Rekool and Sedona because wins the best camper and is to much time "without action" and just a final battle, also the game can be played in many ways and you need to respect the likes of other players just like they need to respect your likes, i saw some "pro" say custom maps like Extra Small or Oil in Center is a noob game but is just another way to play the game, for put this in perspective if you think that they are noobs because don't like a standard economy management, think about this game is so simple compared to Age of Empires 3 were you have 4 resources to control and every resource have different fountains with different speed or complexity of gathering, also you can try to learn their names i always look for names that i know they are good players or make your own game with "pro" or "good players only" that scary them and probably don't join. 

This is a game and everybody are free to play it, but communities sometimes damage to much the game that ruin it like when i play Counter Strike where cheaters and trolls make me stop playing it because is imposible to get a decent game just how i like, but they are a lot of players that like how you play the game and gone a be happy (or angry of challenge) to play whit you. 

Edited by Kikematamitos
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Here's how I see it, with my credentials being a complete newcomer to the competitive scene with 2-3 games on the old Westwood client and one attempted game on the CnCnet client.

There is just such a high barrier to entry.  Been watching a few of Doc Brian's videos which made me interested in coming back, but have found a few snags.  The first is that it takes forever to actually start a game.  I must've stayed in the lobby for 15 minutes and when it finally filled up, the game never even started.  Another is the lag in-game of sometimes freezing up every other second, which looks annoying as all.  Last is just that some of you have been playing for the last 15+ years while some are just starting competitively, which sets the entry bar almost impossibly high.

I'm not in the camp of trying to play Sim City with tanks (although that would be a fun concept), the notion of waiting 10+ minutes to get into a round which may or may not be laggy and then get your ass handed to doesn't seem like a fun time.  And then considering you would need tens of such matches even to begin learning how to play, and you can see where it goes from there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FerretMunch said:

I'm not in the camp of trying to play Sim City with tanks (although that would be a fun concept), the notion of waiting 10+ minutes to get into a round which may or may not be laggy and then get your ass handed to doesn't seem like a fun time. 

Ask for a pro to help you, I'm usually on. 
PM me if you want a lesson on the basics, you can learn from there yourself. 

Takes some people a few months to be able to beat a pro at their level.

8 hours ago, FerretMunch said:

Here's how I see it, with my credentials being a complete newcomer to the competitive scene with 2-3 games on the old Westwood client and one attempted game on the CnCnet client.

There is just such a high barrier to entry.  Been watching a few of Doc Brian's videos which made me interested in coming back, but have found a few snags.  The first is that it takes forever to actually start a game.  I must've stayed in the lobby for 15 minutes and when it finally filled up, the game never even started.  Another is the lag in-game of sometimes freezing up every other second, which looks annoying as all.  Last is just that some of you have been playing for the last 15+ years while some are just starting competitively, which sets the entry bar almost impossibly high.

I'm not in the camp of trying to play Sim City with tanks (although that would be a fun concept), the notion of waiting 10+ minutes to get into a round which may or may not be laggy and then get your ass handed to doesn't seem like a fun time.  And then considering you would need tens of such matches even to begin learning how to play, and you can see where it goes from there.

Yup, that's the truth... unfortunately Ra2/YR isn't like the easy to play games of Fortnite/RL/PUBG storming through the gaming world.

You have to really love Ra2/YR in 2018 to get good at it.

It sounds like you have a small interest tho -- best way is to find a buddy that's a pro on here, team up with them, have some fun and learn the game that way.

As far as the barriers -- the way around them is to find 4-7 other people playing consistent games. Get in with them, and then you know you are getting games constantly with no lag. For me, the most fun I had on cncnet was when 7 other players and I were in a lobby together playing for 2-3-4 hours straight just non-stop good games.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

for me, the most fun I had on cncnet was when 7 other players and I were in a lobby together playing for 2-3-4 hours straight just non-stop good games.

For me I had that on XWIS except we had a few guys we'd always ffg with, so onetime we did around 18-20h straight 2v2 ffgs, some guys played for 1-2h and left and another came back,
the next morning a few of us had gone to do something for some hours and came back.  Probably the best set of 2v2s I've ever had, game quality was real consistent too. Miss that shit.

KoreaMigX, idk what his nick is now (keep forgetting) he knows what I'm talking about, he was one of the 4. :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FerretMunch said:

In my experience, I've had the most success helping newer players by bringing them into Discord and giving pointers through voice chat.

https://discord.gg/4Ve25mM

I'm one of the players who can give any oldschool a serious hard time on the maps I know, but lately I've became one of those Sedona/Dune noobs that the OP is talking about. and here my reasons:

1. The game is old and not appealing anymore, no time to waste on learning each map or it will be an instant lose because of a wrong BO or an oil I didn't took.
  2. The lack of pro players even at Sunday, with +300 players you still struggle finding descend games, and even when you find one you have 50% chance to get kicked.
  3. The insane lag caused by the huge latency gap, now with the removal of most Europe servers poor noobs with cheap internet shouldn't be allowed to use the client! and there is also the other kind of lag (hardware), good luck finding the bad guy with that.

These are my 2 cents, and I think none of them can be fixed, a Sedona FFA game is 100% relaxing than a competitive one with some angry salty clowns.

BTW PUBG is indeed a great game, anyone want to try some games? add aWarN1GGa :D

I used to help new players at XWIS, was part of the buddy team and we focused on the new guys or any one seeking help. My problem with RA2/YR now is that my passion has gone, i play other games competitively but still have a spot in my heart for RA2, i enjoy just coming online and having fun.

If any new guys need help, drop me a DM (happy to help)

• Upvote 1