News from EA.

Myg

According to: https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/9nbrfm/cc_update_from_ea/

EA has some plans with the classic games. No ones were specifically mentioned but as you know, any attention is probably good attention.

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

My name is Jim Vessella, and I’m a Producer at Electronic Arts. Ten years ago I had the pleasure of being on the production team for Command & Conquer 3 and Red Alert 3, along with being the Lead Producer on Kane’s Wrath. During those years, some of my favorite moments were interacting with our passionate community, whether at our onsite Community Summits, on the forums, or while attending various events such as Gamescom.

As most of you may know, we recently announced Command & Conquer: Rivals, a mobile game set in the Command & Conquer universe. Following the reveal of Rivals, we heard you loud and clear: the Command & Conquer community also wants to see the franchise return to PC. And as a fan of C&C for over 20 years, I couldn’t agree more. With that in mind we’ve been exploring some exciting ideas regarding remastering the classic PC games, and already have the ball rolling on our first effort to celebrate the upcoming 25th Year Anniversary.

We are eager to hear your feedback to help influence our current thoughts for PC and what comes next. Over the next few weeks we’ll be talking to fans in a variety of ways. In the meantime, please share your thoughts here on the subreddit.

As a long time C&C fan and developer, I am just as passionate about the C&C franchise as you are, and look forward to hearing your thoughts as they help us shape the future of C&C at EA!

Thanks!

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

Edited by dkeeton
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Nyerguds pinned and unpinned this topic
47 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

It depends largely on what "remastering the classic PC games" means... as far as I know they don't have the sources nor the original 3D resources of the classics anymore, so, what, would it be like a remake or something?

So in other words, with the amount of reverse-engineering done here, CnCNet actually has more resources and knowledge of the inner workings of the games than EA? :D:D I hope you're wrong because that's just sad (both unfortunate and pathetic). I don't think a remake will be good enough for the fans because we already have an unofficial 'remastered' version which is "Dawn of the Tiberium Age" (DoTA)(<-- my click-bate acronym :P) and yet nobody plays it, not online anyway. But then again a remake would remind old fans of the classics, and maybe even attract new ones that may wonder what the originals were/are like.

In my opinion, and probably mine only, they surprisingly made a break through with C&C Rivals, but completely ruined it by making it pay to win.

• Upvote 2

Here is my Dream:

would be cool if they can make a new command and conquer between ra2 and generals, oldschool units/new units oldschool maps/new maps mixed with new graphic but same engine. For me the most important part is the service/updates for the new game. But at least EA is just a global player for video games, making the fast money and letting fall the games they dont care about the community, remember when ra3 and other versions of C&C came out. my official last game which i did bought was Yuris Revenge .

• Like 1

IMHO,

EA making a remaster of a game of which they only own the body. Not the soul.
The remaster will be a different body, but the soul can't use that new body. It would be like a physical challenged.

Yeah, I think we get a game that is physical challenged.
Unless they get the original team on it. Only then I could appreciate the "new" work.

• Grant unpinned this topic