yuri in competitive games?

Lucifer

yuri in competitive gameplay  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If, hypothetically speaking, cncRa2 YR had a competitive pro gaming circuit for money, people were flying in and had sponsers, etc. Would Yuri be prohibited in matches in that kind of setting? In other words, does Yuri take away from what makes pro gameplay pro?

• Yes, Yuri takes away from competitive play and would probably be prohibited in a professional scene.
    • No, Yuri doesnt change anything/ Yuri adds to the competitive nature of the game.
  2. 2. Would QM be a more competite way of playing if yuri was not an option?

I was going to start a discussion on this as well -- as it stands in the ladder we have the top 4 ranks as yuri players. Of course, this is a small statistical anomaly, but I fear that as time goes on, more and more players will adopt yuri to win in the ladder.

We went through a period of 5 or so years where there was no yuri's revenge competitive scene, and now that it's finally back I feel like more and more yuri-faction players are going to continue to use the faction to reach higher ranks. 

One possible work-around here is my suggestion of lobby-interface. This would allow players to host their own ladder games. From here we can either ban yuri from QM and have QM more balanced sov/allied warfare, or hell -- keep it in, and those who do not want to face off against yuri can make their own ladder games. I feel like that would solve this issue immediately. 

1. If, hypothetically speaking, cncRa2 YR had a competitive pro gaming circuit for money, people were flying in and had sponsers, etc. Would Yuri be prohibited in matches in that kind of setting? In other words, does Yuri take away from what makes pro gameplay pro?

Nope there would be maps that are viable for all countries and a ban map options before each game, not to mention both players could go Yuri.

2. Would QM be a more competite way of playing if yuri was not an option?

Nope, would just make "Yuri's Revenge" 100% SvS every game and that would be the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

simplest solution would be to allow custom games to be ranked. You could have the option to not play yuris or put on the rebalance patch. 

This should be a thing regardless of weather or not yuri is removed from imo

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, Andy. said:

both players could go Yuri.

u said in past that you hate YvY and it is luck-based, now ur saying players would go YvY in professional competition?   

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, Andy. said:

Nope, would just make "Yuri's Revenge" 100% SvS every game and that would be the nail in the coffin. 

SvS is the most skill-intensive way of playing yuris revenge by far. When you pick yuri, most of the skill is removed and replaced by unicorns and vampires. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, Lucifer said:

u said in past that you hate YvY and it is luck-based, now ur saying players would go YvY in professional competition?   

I still think YvY is boring and has more a good amount of luck involved in it, I'm just saying if someone thinks Yuri is OP etc they can go Yuri themselves.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, Lucifer said:

SvS is the most skill-intensive way of playing yuris revenge by far. When you pick yuri, most of the skill is removed and replaced by unicorns and vampires. 

It's really not, SvS is strictly having the better economy and just spamming rhinos more than your opponent, very little skill involved.

voted no because there is insufficient competitive data and the ladder maps would be refined before we talked about banning an army

in-lobby ranked games as a replacement for QM is a very good idea, but would require the implementation of other lobby features such as blind pick and army-hidden-during-load. otherwise cncnet qm team loses their already questionable focusing of the meta and every friend circle arbitrates their own destabilizing splinter meta based on the kind of game they want to play, I can't get behind a partial implementation without adding these features and forcing them to be on

top 4 players on a free ladder picking the same out of 3 viable armies is nowhere near good enough to warrant a ban in any game, ever, so dismiss that idea entirely

Edited by DAIJOUBU?
you forgot to enable "delete post"
  • Like 1

Interesting that the percentages are 70-30 and 50-50 when both polls address the same fundamental question ??

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:50 PM, Andy. said:

I think YvY is boring and has more a good amount of luck involved

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, Andy. said:

both players could go Yuri.

Interesting that the main yuri player nowadays only thinks yuri is boring and bullshitty when he has to play against yuri himself... and then suggest pro games both players could go yuri…  ?

Logic like this explains why the same poll question asked twice can yield different results, why players pick yuri in the first place, and why Donald Trump is president of the US. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 7:28 AM, Lucifer said:

Logic like this explains why the same poll question asked twice can yield different results

I answered the same way for both - but i think some people interpreted the second question in a different way.  They probably are alluding to the fact that more strong players would be playing in qm if yuri was not there, thereby making qm more competitive.

• 2 months later...

Missing the point fellas. Its not about  being able to fight or win against yuri. 

Its about the type of gameplay that yuri creates.  

Theres much less skill involved in winning with    OR    winning against yuri.  Plain and simple. 

5 hours ago, Lucifer said:

Missing the point fellas. Its not about  being able to fight or win against yuri. 

Its about the type of gameplay that yuri creates.  

Theres much less skill involved in winning with    OR    winning against yuri.  Plain and simple. 

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its a great argument / example of the point of this topic as it represents the problem with yuri in a nutshell, and happens frequently enough.

Think about what goes into a successful deso bomb on mirage...  You have to put 5 of them in the flak, micro the flak at the right time  at the right place, avoid seals, rockets, etc and even still he can micro away, bomb it with planes etc. Theres thinking, tactics, timing, strategy, micro etc.  And you dont steal them, you just kill them. Is it a bit lopsidded?  Sure... but....

Now think about the pschic dominator. You just click a single time.

There is no "warning, phschic dominator actived" like for the other superweapons.  The base blows up and you STEAL his units. All with a single click. This is a degree of lopsiddedness to a degree in no other RTS ever bruh.

How is it so difficult to see this l0l 

Except the situation where you steal a lot of units AND kill a base doesn't happen ever. Not in high level play. Ididnt argue that the dominator isn't more powerful, only against the scenario you conjured. 

There's all kinds of lopsidedness in the game. It has yo-yo balance. That's why it's so silly to focus on one aspect when the whole game is stupid lol.

Always see people saying that France is OP and Yuri OP but if they are OP why nobody play Yuri vs France or Yuri or France vs they self? always Iraq vs Iraq most of time, why nobody say Iraq is OP or just Iraq vs Korea and America or Great Britain is just more fun to play that a Grand cannon wars or chaotic Yuri faction? 

I always say that Yuri is OP in 1v1 without SW in medium or large maps. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

Always see people saying that France is OP and Yuri OP but if they are OP why nobody play Yuri vs France or Yuri or France vs they self? always Iraq vs Iraq most of time, why nobody say Iraq is OP or just Iraq vs Korea and America or Great Britain is just more fun to play that a Grand cannon wars or chaotic Yuri faction? 

I always say that Yuri is OP in 1v1 without SW in medium or large maps. 

Because this is the way they justificate their own lack of skill.

They find this is way easier to cry about something is OP than just to move forward and learn the game deeper.

Some of them have stuck in this stage for years. Maybe forever.

1. They love to take the attention of the public and they get enjoy of that.

2. Kind people trying to help them and give them advices, but their attention payment result is just that they are only "help" them to stay noobs. Because №1.

3. As result of 2, these criers are getting enough feed even for now. You can easily define who is who just by looking on what's who saying.

I suggest you to register on the old RA2 and YR forum just to see what kind of problems and social moods have transferred from there to CnCNet.

• Like 1