Ion Cannon Should Be On GDI Radar

9LivesCatFood

as many of you know most people playing as GDI only build a ion cannon if they are already winning and just goofing off while nod players almost always get a missile silo. This is because of the excessive amount of teching and building additional structures GDI has to do to get the ion cannon. if the ion cannon was on the radar theyd be able to build it right after building and selling tech center like nod does to get missile silo. consider this change:

https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=30796

posted image

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

no, it shouldn't. ion cannon can be an instant game changer if used right. nod has to tech up just as much as gdi does in order to get its "superweapon", gdi just has to keep its tech while nod doesn't, which is one of the very few advantages nod has over gdi.

11 hours ago, c0rpsmakr said:

no, it shouldn't. ion cannon can be an instant game changer if used right. nod has to tech up just as much as gdi does in order to get its "superweapon", gdi just has to keep its tech while nod doesn't, which is one of the very few advantages nod has over gdi.

considering the cluster missile can one shot kill structures and the ion cannon cant... which one is the real game changer again? The ion cannon requires a additional structure to obtain that the cluster missile doesnt. so that is bogus. gdi requires a additional tech structure and is required to keep tech center until it gets that additional structure. not only that but that structure is extremely weak and easy to kill.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, c0rpsmakr said:

I repeat from the other topic, you have no idea what youre talking about.

You have failed to describe a situation that would make this unfair to have. Yes a ion cannon can instantly kill a damaged structure and for that to happen more frequently than it does now is a scary thought. but so is a cluster missile wiping out a war or ref every other minute.

1. gdi already has an advantage over nod on most maps.

2. you pretty much cannot have an mk with less than 55% hp around anymore, or it just gets instantly killed.

3. pad/emp instant kill without warning

• Like 1

nod is already at a disadvantage to gdi, and you want to make gdi easier. it doesnt matter if it can 1 shot a building. youre trying to buff up gdi when it actuallity it probably needs nerfing.

ive read a few of your posts, i dont think youre non intelligent but i think you lack the knowledge about ts on a level that some of the people you are bantering with have.

• Like 1

The point is the ion cannon is rarely ever used. It's kinda funny the same people complaining the ion cannon is too good are the same people who play on a modified forest fires map with weed for nod and yet none of them build the ion cannon even on that map. it is the most under used thing in the game and yet they act like its the most powerful thing in the game. There are so many uses for it too. zapping a commando or disruptor in your base. killing a helipad or emp. finishing off a structure, etc. but you only see it used 1 out of 100 games. Nod doesnt really need much buffing. But there's a lot you could do to them like make the buggy have a turret so it can fire while moving same with tick tank even. Of course none of these changes will ever happen cause cncnet doesn't like change.

11 hours ago, Sol said:

like me? XD

from just yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MymDVOyjX8

i realized i dont have many ff games uploaded and i didnt record much in the recent weeks, but found another from a couple of days earlier:

https://youtu.be/WlZhgz9WYDw

Out of those two matches you were only attacked once by two mlrs. That's hardly a competitive match so I see why you had ion cannons.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

so? It can have a big impact, so it takes a lot of time to build (and load) at the most crucial point in the game. In the closest matches, you dont have that time. If my whole team bunks up or we are far ahead, I will always make the Ion cannon to increase our advantage.

My point it, the Ion Cannon has its place in the game, it can be especially useful in 1v1 where no ally needs you to attack.

90% of people who play the "original" maps already play GDI, so who do you think needs a buff?

• Like 1

The easier it is to get the easier it is for the losing player to also have it not just the player sitting in the back doing whatever the hell he wants cause he already won. it's not about "buffing" gdi vs nod. its about making the ion cannon used by more than just a player who is (((already))) winning. said it from the beginning of this thread. only the player who already won has a ion cannon. its currently buffing players already winning. the losing player will never have a ion cannon.

Edited by 9LivesCatFood

On 3/31/2019 at 7:35 AM, 9LivesCatFood said:

The point is the ion cannon is rarely ever used. 

it is the most under used thing in the game and yet they act like its the most powerful thing in the game.

The point is Nod is rarely ever used.

it is the most under used faction and yet you suggest GDI needs to buff their Ion Cannon.

• Like 1

It does indeed make for fun gameplay!!  Don't worry about these guys @9LivesCatFood they're real pro players but only few of them enjoy modding

We did already upload this. See all stuff thats been uploaded to CnCnet's Tibsun in this thread: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/8661-ts-the-new-units-and-buildings-expand11/

I'll just copy the tutorial to add this in your map right here! And you can just go ahead an play it online already :)

the GDI radar with uplinks, so you don't need the Upgrade Center for ion canon and seeker, you can just place it on your Radar

posted image

Here are the codes:

[GARADR]
Cost=1000
Name=GDI Radar Center
Image=GACOMM
Upgrades=2

[GARADR1]
Cost=0
Name=Drop Pod Node
Armor=wood
Owner=GDI,Nod
Power=0
Sight=1
Crewed=no
Points=0
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
TechLevel=-1
Capturable=no
AIBuildThis=no
SuperWeapon=DropPodSpecial
ThreatPosed=0
Prerequisite=GARADR,GATECH
PowersUpToLevel=-1
PowersUpBuilding=GARADR

[GARADR2]
Cost=0
Name=Hunter Seeker Controller
Armor=wood
Owner=GDI,Nod
Power=0
Sight=1
Crewed=no
Points=0
TechLevel=1
Capturable=no
AIBuildThis=no
SuperWeapon=HuntSeekSpecial
ThreatPosed=0
PowersUpToLevel=-1
PowersUpBuilding=GARADR

[GARADR3]
Cost=0
Name=Ion Cannon uplink
Armor=wood
Owner=GDI,Nod
Power=0
Sight=1
Crewed=no
Points=0
TechLevel=1
Capturable=no
AIBuildThis=no
SuperWeapon=IonCannonSpecial
ThreatPosed=0
PowersUpToLevel=-1
PowersUpBuilding=GARADR

[BuildingTypes]
205=GARADR1
206=GARADR2
207=GARADR3

[Animations]
967=GARADR1
968=GARADR2
969=GARADR3

As you can see, the file the radar uses with 'Image=' is called GACOMM. You can also just Copy the entire original [GARADR] from rules.ini, and change [GARADR] Into [GACOMM], and add GACOMM under [BuildingTypes]. Thats the right way to do it, but since they are very similar in art.ini, there's no need.

Just copy paste this code into your map, make some edits if you want, and enjoy.