)))))) Ravage you're the best.

CCCP84

Ravage, you have a great talent in cartography. Especially like "Dont mock the crocs". How were you able to create such a cool map? And only 2 people did it. I thought such a map to make you need at least 5 people.. ))))

I remember you trying to give me advice. Now, having familiarized myself with your portfolio, i understand what a privilege it is for me to get advice from such an experienced and well-deserved cartographer ...))))

Безымянный.JPG

Безымянный1.JPG

Безымянный3.JPG

Безымянный4.JPG

P.S.:  All this maps included in CNCNET map pack....   "Dont mock the crocs" too.. ))))))  My grandmother can make better.... ))))

Edited by CCCP84
  • Like 1

thats so cute. he wanted to be next to you. damn thats cute. gosh i hope he pro edits my maps. that would be so cute. he should make pro quality singleplayer maps with his pro level balanC skills. that would be so good, i think that would be a very good thing. would play. 10/10

Westwood & RaVaGe sounds too significant. He was supposed to write "Westwood (changed by ravage)". And his name must be in small letters to emphasize insignificant changes.

Russians have a very good saying that best fits this situation: "We plowed the field. I am and the tractor.  - the fly said and got off the tractor. " ))))) In our case ravage as a fly ..)))))

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 6:14 AM, RaVaGe said:

Because you were playing "YR Refined" an actual mod, not "pro edits".
The mod maps have the words "YR Refined" in-front of their names so that people can clearly see that they are mod maps.

Haha. Noob.

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:09 PM, RaVaGe said:

What focus on tsunami?

@RaVaGe
tsunami is unbalanced i hope you fix. many players are playing that map aswell. there was an issue in position bottom right. each spot has 2 oils nearby to the sea but that spot has oils far away from the sea and no one can rush with naval destroyers to kill that spot's oils. there is also another issue in same spot. front shores. sometimes units are stucking in that shore when tried to move from there. and position top right has many ore than others. bottom left position has seperated oils, not next to each other so its different from other spots. 

Edited by Tutankhamun
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2019 at 10:58 AM, cypher said:

I don't want to discredit ravage for his great work, but ravage didn't create these maps you mentionend. He edited them (as said in the credits) to make them more competetive and more balanced.

now in credits it is no longer said so. now the author of the map is just Westwood and Ravage

• Upvote 1

You do realise I've spent over hundreds of hours balancing maps, testing them in game and working with other players to solve map issues?
Instead of sharing maps with broken cliffs, terrain movement bugs and weirdly orientated previews how about you shut up and do something useful instead.
I've just seen more than 4 posts from you attacking my work for this community.

So here are examples of my "Labour" with before and after.
@CCCP84

Frostbite (by Westwood)
frstbite.thumb.jpg.4561aeed57318f1e411fc5fe0557c59f.jpg

Frostbite LE (by Westwood, RaVaGe)
4_frostbite_le.thumb.jpg.e14853668b4403f99869b6f7f8f6108c.jpg

Big Grinder by (MadHQ, Toveena)
Bigrinder_before.thumb.jpg.b8963528a6e616613b11e58f0d1d9fc7.jpg

Big Grinder LE by (MadHQ, Toveena, RaVaGe)
6_bigrinder_le.thumb.jpg.dbe455b01fb8295e4ce83cd0b765d17c.jpg

Sahara Mirage by (Westwood)
saharami.thumb.jpg.6e8e26c9b5636a0ccb77d94a1c704073.jpg

Sahara Mirage LE by (Westwood, RaVaGe)
2_sahara_le_v301.thumb.jpg.499c1e3910026c2a0019d462b87ade63.jpg

Sheikh Mountain by (SaremGTs)
sheikh_mountain.thumb.jpg.f635956bd6bfc892160020eecf16a34f.jpg

Sheikh Mountain LE by (SaremGTs, RaVaGe)
2_sheikh_mountain_le.thumb.jpg.26fd35b8b64b4fafa25f1cba5db0895a.jpg

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Check 1

The only "pro edit" was an appendix meant to signify an edit for competitive balance. The new LE prefix replaces that meaning Ladder Edition. 

Maps that only needed minor balance changes look less different than their original counter parts.
While maps that needed a greater amount of work look... greatly different.

Instead of nit picking on the ones that are only slightly different try to look at all of them with an objective sight and not jealousy.
I always put the original authors before my name and clearly add a comma between the authors not the word "and" or "&", to clarify that it was a separate work and not a collaboration.

Thank you for the compliment though.
image.png.a1ff9f2107a39dd7c216251e8543b22b.png

Edited by RaVaGe
  • Check 1

Just to be fair and not misunderstood : Ravage is one of the most active people and I DO respect him for his engagement. While I don't agree with everythin ravage does I agree with him on this very much : You - CCCP- did nearly nothing for the community and you seem to have bad manners to say the least.

Look yourself at the maps before and after, which you gave an example. This is essentially the same maps. Several new cliffs have appeared. Ore has appeared in a new location. Do you think that's enough to write your name on the map? I believe that this is not nearly enough. Maybe you have a certain painful desire to mark as many things as possible with your name? 
I am convinced that you could write that you modified these maps inside the map file. But not in the line Author. Because you are not the author of these maps. You just drew some rocks and put the ore.

What was ProEdit in Dune patrol map? Or dont mock the crocks? These are very simple maps. Dont Mock the Crocks is such an ugly map that I don’t understand at all how it could end up in the client. It looks like just a daub.
And there are some Westwood maps that don't look altered at all, even though your name is there.

I understand that you are actively involved in the life of the community, but this does not mean that you cannot be criticized for obvious problems.

Write your name on the maps you drew yourself. But do not write your name on maps that you are not the author of. Because Urban Rush will never become a Ravages map, it just looks silly.

@RaVaGe

Edited by CCCP84
  • Haha 1

i dont really want to take sides in this but my thinking is that its better for ravages name to be on there instead of edited maps not citing the editor, though i never cared for map edits being in the official map roster to tell the truth. i would rather have CCCP's maps in that official map roster because, lets be honest, his maps put ravages, yours, and mine to absolute shame. they are good.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CCCP84 said:

I understand that you are actively involved in the life of the community, but this does not mean that you cannot be criticized for obvious problems.

I understand how your jealousy of me being obviously the best map maker on CnCNet can seem as a problem to you. ?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RaVaGe said:

I understand how your jealousy of me being obviously the best map maker on CnCNet can seem as a problem to you. ?

If you are the best map maker, then give examples of maps that you created, not "pro edited". And you didn't answer about Dune Patrol2 and Dont Mock The Crocks. What exactly had you "pro edit" there? Because it looks like the authors of these maps had to write your name there in order to get to the list of cncnet client maps.

6 hours ago, McPwny said:

i dont really want to take sides in this but my thinking is that its better for ravages name to be on there instead of edited maps not citing the editor, though i never cared for map edits being in the official map roster to tell the truth.

Maybe it have to be: " Author: Westwood (modifier by ravage) or (mod by ravage) or (edt. by ravage)". Or just "Author: Westwood (modified)"

But writing "Author: Westwood, RaVaGe" is wrong. Because you are not an author, but a modifier.
And whatever you said about "and or &", but "," means the same thing. And when you write that the author of the Urban Rush or Meat Grinder map is Westwood, RaVaGe, it means that you are, as it were, the author of this map, although this is not true.
There are some minimal changes made in 30 minutes. Do you think this is enough to identify yourself as the author of the map?

1123.jpg

1124.jpg

1145.jpg

1146.jpg

If I were you, I would not have indicated my name there at all in such cases. I would just note that the map is "modified", or "balanced".

You understand the fact that sooner or later your name will still be removed from there. If not now, then in 5 or 10 years. You have not immortalized yourself for centuries by writing your name there. At some point, some guy will see your name there and think "WTF?" And just erase it.

Edited by CCCP84
  • Haha 1

I risk sounding like a braggart, but do you know how much work I put into a map of Oceania?
Just for understanding, I'll tell you that there are 5200 trees on this map. And I put absolutely every tree by hand and saw if it looked good in this place, and then I removed it, moved it a few cells to the side and then moved on to another tree.
And so I did with stones and spots on the grass and in general with everything else. I even made water by hand. There is no overlap of one tile of water on another.
I also thought carefully about every game moment on the map. I tested so that aircraft carriers could reach each bunker, so that the centers of the bays would not be shot through by prisms, and the passages to them would be shot through, I carefully designed each small island, planned how the struggle would take place on it. I thought carefully about all the distances between the islands. I have every reason to be proud of this creation of mine.

[8] Oceania.jpg

And you just added a few gold tiles to someone else's map and write your name there.

Edited by CCCP84
  • Haha 1