Why Other players can't load my custom game?

johanhunter

Question

I have a problem with something in CnCNet and is because I already installed a map in the custom folder of red alert 2 and I can play it, but for some reason I can't playing online, it appears in the select map screen and all is good but when it's loading just my team loads but other players don't. I don't know what to do. Also I made custom rules for playing different, for example I change ranges of fire for some units etc, as I said before I can play but the others cannot, How can they play my maps with my rules online?

2 answers to this question

It is strange that you have not tried to identify your problem.
1) First at all, start lobby with your teammates on different map's. If any map that you play didnt start, and at the forum there is no any question about it, then problen on your side.
2) If different map's starts only on few player's, then probem is on their side

3) it may be problem on CNCNet side, like download error or etc. Or player's have slow internet. Few restart help.

If all map's starts correctly, then dismember the problem. Strange, that u didn't describe the error - it is white screen, of internal error, or anything.
By your text look's like other's players didn't load, you just start multi map in solo and instantly win.

If it is not a punct 3) error, then of course, it is a .map file makes error. Map file has map, triggers, actions, unit statistic etc. With wrong trigger's if even your game start's in solo player not the fact that game will runs in multi, most of trigger's usable only for one player. You need to explore the problem with file.

1) First of all, clear the all of unit statistic, trigger's, actions etc like that, only clearly map. Make sure that map has a player start positions.

If map didn't load at this stage, may bee it is damaged. Make same one (in Final?) without anything and try to start with it. 

2) If map start's correctly without modding, look's like u use triggers. Study ModEnc.

Good luckю

On 7/18/2019 at 2:44 AM, VladisS said:

It is strange that you have not tried to identify your problem.
1) First at all, start lobby with your teammates on different map's. If any map that you play didnt start, and at the forum there is no any question about it, then problen on your side.

-Other maps that I play with teammates works perfectly.

2) If different map's starts only on few player's, then probem is on their side

-We can play together different maps without any problem.

3) it may be problem on CNCNet side, like download error or etc. Or player's have slow internet. Few restart help.

If all map's starts correctly, then dismember the problem. Strange, that u didn't describe the error - it is white screen, of internal error, or anything.
By your text look's like other's players didn't load, you just start multi map in solo and instantly win.

-Exactly, my map works perfectly in skirmish for me (Single player against Cpu's) when I tried to play it in CnCNet with other people of the lobby they set "ready" and a message appears like map upload successful something like The map is in the servers of CNCNet, as I remember, So I started the map and the load screen appears with the name of the players and their respective loading bar BUT besides my name this bar charge or load fine, but for the other players don't and when the match begins I win Instanly.

If it is not a punct 3) error, then of course, it is a .map file makes error. Map file has map, triggers, actions, unit statistic etc. With wrong trigger's if even your game start's in solo player not the fact that game will runs in multi, most of trigger's usable only for one player. You need to explore the problem with file.

1) First of all, clear the all of unit statistic, trigger's, actions etc like that, only clearly map. Make sure that map has a player start positions.

-Yes my map has each player start position.

If map didn't load at this stage, may bee it is damaged. Make same one (in Final?) without anything and try to start with it. 

2) If map start's correctly without modding, look's like u use triggers. Study ModEnc.

-Yes I use triggers for showing messages like "new objective", one for show the building to defend and for the task forces, my map is a survival. I don't know what happened. ?

Here is a video to show you my problem. (Please turn up the volume for the video)

Edited by johanhunter