How to counter Battle Fortress with Guardians + SEAL/Sniper?

Banafrit

I'm a noob when it comes to the online, and was wondering: what's the best way to counter the battlefortress, and its infamous (yet very effective) Guardian G.I. + SEAL/Sniper combo? The only strategy I've seen that is viable is to make sure they never build the battle lab so they can never build the fortress. However, I can only really seem to pull this off as Korea (since you can send black eagles to bomb the battle lab), but never as Soviets. If possible, can I get a method for each faction? I can never seem to counter these, and the tips would be appreciated.

• Like 1

SW off, soviets, allied enemy built BF with GGI: gg, you'll never win that. Allies OP.

SW on, soviets, allied enemy built BF with GGI: use iron curtain.

Use Yuri faction.

Allies vs allies: use mirage tanks, chonosphere and prism tanks. Use rocketeers as fodder to distract BF missiles. Hospital makes rocketers very resistant to GGI attack.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, Ezer_2000 said:

SW off, soviets, allied enemy built BF with GGI: gg, you'll never win that. Allies OP.

SW on, soviets, allied enemy built BF with GGI: use iron curtain.

Use Yuri faction.

Allies vs allies: use mirage tanks, chonosphere and prism tanks. Use rocketeers as fodder to distract BF missiles. Hospital makes rocketers very resistant to GGI attack.

It bugs me that the Soviets are the weakest out of all the factions without their SW. Its possible to win, but very hard against the BF, due to the big range on them, going as far as to outrange garrisoned buildings and base defenses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, FlyingMustache said:

Red alert 2 is too basic. Basic tanks  alert 2

From my experienve there are always kind of people who prefer moer complicated and even more imbalanced games at the same time some of them are complaining about imbalances. Looks like kind of internal conflict in the head they won't get rid of. Others of them have many other reasons of their preferrences.

And yeah, your opinion is good.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, Thanos said:

Support Red Alert 2 ,its just the better game.

No bs with BF , no yuri faction which is fucking retarded,super gi's they were good enough in Red alert 2

Not to mention how difficult to catch BF with rhino tanks. If your enemy is experienced player this is almost impossible. Tank control takes way more brain activity for making momental decisions compared to just runaway + mirage cover tactic which available to every noob (TOE players with their 20 min no-attck usually take allied fractions and camps with BFs, but they are bad at other maps). Complitely agree with your comment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ezer_2000 said:

From my experienve there are always kind of people who prefer moer complicated and even more imbalanced games at the same time some of them are complaining about imbalances. Looks like kind of internal conflict in the head they won't get rid of. Others of them have many other reasons of their preferrences.

And yeah, your opinion is good.

Not to mention how difficult to catch BF with rhino tanks. If your enemy is experienced player this is almost impossible. Tank control takes way more brain activity for making momental decisions compared to just runaway + mirage cover tactic which available to every noob (TOE players with their 20 min no-attck usually take allied fractions and camps with BFs, but they are bad at other maps). Complitely agree with your comment.

Yr balance better in sw meta. It's imbalanced without sw. 

Ra2 balance pretty similar to yr, but ra2 is more basic for my taste. Dealing with forts and Yuri units causes more caution from sov players rather then face rolling

As Soviet you have a spy plane.... just time it right. Or Kirov, and use your brain when it comes to timing. And never click on the bf, click your rhinos way past the direction he will run. Also try to bait him by sending tanks away so he comes at you, then quickly head towards his bf. However if he’s good, he will have other tanks and all you can do is split and use your mobility as an advantage. With allies, Rockies all day as fodder....

• Upvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:21 PM, Banafrit said:

I'm a noob when it comes to the online, and was wondering: what's the best way to counter the battlefortress, and its infamous (yet very effective) Guardian G.I. + SEAL/Sniper combo? The only strategy I've seen that is viable is to make sure they never build the battle lab so they can never build the fortress. However, I can only really seem to pull this off as Korea (since you can send black eagles to bomb the battle lab), but never as Soviets. If possible, can I get a method for each faction? I can never seem to counter these, and the tips would be appreciated.

as sov you either

-go straight iron curtain

-pump wars and split rhinos

- one big attack at the right place at the right time (i,e, near there miners or mcv right after they teched but before BF is loaded and in position)

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kikematamitos said:

BF slowly that rhinos, also need laboratory and rhinos not, play early game if you are soviet and they never get money for a BF, use rhinos for distraction and try to drone it, split rhinos and flank it. 

This works only for small and extra small maps.

• Haha 2

@Banafrit

• use rhinos + dogs (dogs will distract GGI's)
  • never click on a single BF, always move your rhinos to a certain point behind the BF
  • use flaktrack + drone
  • try to control the game early as a soviet
  • use flying vehicles/troops to distract GGI's (f.e. kirov)
  • use sentry gun when near base (build it just in time when the BF arrive in the range and time your rhino attack)
  • build 2 rhino squads and sandwich the BF's
  • use V3/Dreadnought to distract GGI's and/or hit BF
  • maybe use mass chopper to get single BF's (just when economic superior) or mass siege chopper deployed can make areas hard to capture for BF
Edited by cypher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cypher said:

@Banafrit

• use rhinos + dogs (dogs will distract GGI's)
  • never click on a single BF, always move your rhinos to a certain point behind the BF
  • use flaktrack + drone
  • try to control the game early as a soviet
  • use flying vehicles/troops to distract GGI's (f.e. kirov) ?
  • use sentry gun when near base (build it just in time when the BF arrive in the range and time your rhino attack)
  • build 2 rhino squads and sandwich the BF's
  • use V3/Dreadnought to distract GGI's and/or hit BF
  • maybe use mass chopper to get single BF's (just when economic superior) or mass siege chopper deployed can make areas hard to capture for BF

Also you can try to use the spy plane that is free hahahaha

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, Radizen said:

just mind control it lol

ya lets choose something more imba than BF  xD

on topic though, if it was for me, id make BF cost 5-6K gold instead of 2k. or maybe make it move slower than apocalypse tanks.

tbh the beggest advantage for BF is that its top tier vehicle who can still fire while moving. 

id make it have semilar speed to kirov

Edited by MapDesigner