RECONNECTION ERROR

OF_

Question

Hi. Me and my friends like to play red alert 2 yuris revenge online and we like to play long games. So we were playing it a few days ago. there was no problem. And our games lasts almost 2 hour. But for a few days we started getting reconnection errors and it ends the game. It does not happen beggining of the game. It is happening almost end of the game like 1 hour later. I wanna know your opinions. what might cause this kind of error? Is it a common issue on cncnet or is it just us?

5 answers to this question

3 hours ago, OF_ said:

Hi. Me and my friends like to play red alert 2 yuris revenge online and we like to play long games. So we were playing it a few days ago. there was no problem. And our games lasts almost 2 hour. But for a few days we started getting reconnection errors and it ends the game. It does not happen beggining of the game. It is happening almost end of the game like 1 hour later. I wanna know your opinions. what might cause this kind of error? Is it a common issue on cncnet or is it just us?

It could be a certain map you're playing is triggering something the game doesn't like. Do you get reconnection errors after an hour on normal maps? 
Other things that could trigger this is attempting to run cheats, that will usually make it fall over.

26 minutes ago, Grant said:

It could be a certain map you're playing is triggering something the game doesn't like. Do you get reconnection errors after an hour on normal maps? 
Other things that could trigger this is attempting to run cheats, that will usually make it fall over.

we are playing with eachothers and we're  all rookies and noone knows how to cheat. we're not that good with computers.

actually it happend to us on 2 different map. Russian roulette and brink of disaster. I'm gonna try different maps too and let you know

We have the same issue. I have tried different maps. When I play others online we never get this error. It seems to be either from long large games. We also tried using hamachi which sets up a virtual local lan. The error still happens. 

It's honestly ruining the game, unless we play a small quick game it almost always happens.

We manage to play once for 2 hours but it kicked in again eventually. 

Hope someone can review the potential or patch the game to handle connection errors better and isolate the issue instead of resetting the entire game.

Note the game program doesnt freeze or crash only the game session

Im getting this lately too, on the longer games usually around 35-50 mins it says connection error. Very frustrating, we are playing over the online and 2AI and 2 of us. Any suggestions? Ive looked into ports etc and was just too complicated with the virgin media router.

Thanks

Leigh