New here, new to wine, error on launch. any pointers?

trent234

Question

Hi,

I stumbled on this site, haven't played CNC in a long time, thought I'd dust off the games and give it a whirl! I'm on Manjaro Linux these days, hadn't used WINE before, but installed wine, wine-mono, and wine-gecko (just in case) installed the decade disk, downloaded the CnCnet exe for Yuri's, installed that with WINE, and then went to run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe and get the error seen in the screenshot attached here. Any pointers on where to look to fix this?

cnc_fail.png

Edited by trent234

2 answers to this question

On 4/26/2020 at 9:37 AM, trent234 said:

Hi,

I stumbled on this site, haven't played CNC in a long time, thought I'd dust off the games and give it a whirl! I'm on Manjaro Linux these days, hadn't used WINE before, but installed wine, wine-mono, and wine-gecko (just in case) installed the decade disk, downloaded the CnCnet exe for Yuri's, installed that with WINE, and then went to run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe and get the error seen in the screenshot attached here. Any pointers on where to look to fix this?

cnc_fail.png

Same here. Did you ever manage to fix this?

Mine is slightly different but a similar looking issue. I'm guessing I'm missing a wine dependency but I have no idea what. I installed xna4 and dotnet4 in winetricks as asked for by the installer.

image.png.df2685abb21a931fe44aae164b21a54d.png