Special unit available for other houses

fl3nd3r

I'm trying to make the terrorist available to all houses for my own project, but I can't.
I don't understand why .. since I've done this many times with other units/special units, "for example" with Desolator.
This is the simple code I used:

[TERROR]
Owner = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
RequiredHouses = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
Prerequisite = GAPILE

Anyone know why it doesn't work?

Guys it's easy!
Do this trick:
If you want it to be available for all players just make a mailbox out of the map, then assign that mailbox to the players' house like in the image:

1728612309_House-ofplayers.jpg.d8330e85baa334bc21967440b86bef73.jpg

Save the map and open it by notepad++ then write the code:

[TERROR]
Prerequisite=CAMISC04

and you can give free spysat in the same time for all players by adding this code to the mailbox:

[CAMISC04]
Name=Mail Box
Spysat=yes

Edited by YosefAnan

Try this:

[TERROR]
Owner = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
RequiredHouses = Alliance, French, Germans, British, Africans, Arabs, Confederation, Russians, YuriCountry, Americans
Prerequisite = BARRACKS

The Engineer also use Prerequisite = BARRACKS type. Though, they have different voice...

Edited by NHG(N_HuyGamingVN)
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 10:05 AM, YosefAnan said:

Guys it's easy!
Do this trick:
If you want it to be available for all players just make a mailbox out of the map, then assign that mailbox to the players' house like in the image:

1728612309_House-ofplayers.jpg.d8330e85baa334bc21967440b86bef73.jpg

Save the map and open it by notepad++ then write the code:

[TERROR]
Prerequisite=CAMISC04

and you can give free spysat in the same time for all players by adding this code to the mailbox:

[CAMISC04]
Name=Mail Box
Spysat=yes

Interesting solution..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, Concolor1 said:

You could also add Invisible=yes so it can’t be seen on the map, but grants its attributes.

OT:

I dusted off one of my favorite singleplayer missions,

and discovered after so many years that you are the creator.

My most sincere congratulations,

you are a genius.

ops .. It's called Under Pressure: D

It's true, at the beginning it is really difficult, after a little less, but I still find it a masterpiece, for the knowledge of editing, for the patience, and above all for the atmosphere that creates the map.

Omg .. this is yours too "Soviet Stranglehold": DD What memories... :V

Edited by fl3nd3r

They're scattered over a number of sites, if you look for 'Finnishing Moves', or 'Driven up the Wall',  in the map section of the RA2 Forum, theres a list with links. You might struggle with the TX (Terrain Expansion), missions but I have them all and will get around to uploading more. Theres also more 'New' stuff to come later in the year.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 1:35 AM, fl3nd3r said:

I'm trying to make the terrorist available to all houses for my own project, but I can't.
I don't understand why .. since I've done this many times with other units/special units, "for example" with Desolator.
This is the simple code I used:

[TERROR]
Prerequisite = GAPILE

Anyone know why it doesn't work?

it works for me. Here is my INI:

Sight=9
Speed=6
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs
RequiredHouses=Confederation,British,Arabs,YuriCountry
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no