CnCNET Client Hardcoded Lan Hosting Problem

Noddynod443

Question

Hello,

I have a problem with the Red Alert 2 version of the CnCNET Client5 with Lan networking. The problem is I'm using a multiseat PC in which two players share the same hardware, but with two separate networking cards, monitors, mice, etc.

The CnCNet 5 version for RA2 and other standalone mods is hardcoded in a way that the host player with always be hosting through the internal PC address 127.0.0.1 This is a problem because the second player can't join from the same multiseat PC since the ports with 127.0.0.1 are already in use by the host of that same PC. Having two separate networking cards and ip addresses for each user of the one PC doesn't help in this case. This also affects online multiplayer in a similar way.

I know the number of people in the world playing C&C via multiseat computer is very small, but please, I request that some fix be made allow a local host to host from his ip address rather than the internal PC address 127.0.0.1, and could an option please be added to allow players to change their port number like what was possible in the previous version of the CnCNet client for tb, ra1, and c&c95?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet