Installing Red Alert 2. Game installed fine but unable to install the cncnet multiplayer file

PlutoCharonSuperSport

Question

I am on windows 10 and I have followed these instructions to the letter:

http://cncmaps.net/how-to-play-red-alert-2-on-windows-10/

What I am stuck on is the CNCNETInstaller file. When I try to install it a message comes up "Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge not found in *my chosen RA2 folder*. Please select the right folder".

Having searched the forum and google, the answers I come across say I need to have the game installed first. Well I have got it installed. Single player works fine. At no point was I asked to use my CD key so may be it's something to do with a legitimate install?

What am I missing? I have the CD's but like that article mentions, they don't work on windows 10. I have the CD key however. I also have vanilla Red Alert 2 but am told the cncnet installer thing works for that and Yuri's revenge.

3 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Grant said:

Hi - you need Yuri's Revenge (expansion to Red Alert 2) installed too for CnCNet to work. 

Thank you.

If I purchase this, would I then be able to download Yuri's Revenge and play online? There's another link somewhere on these forums where it costs £24. Not sure if the one I linked to here would get me the actual games. Doesn't have much info.

7 hours ago, PlutoCharonSuperSport said:

Thank you.

If I purchase this, would I then be able to download Yuri's Revenge and play online? There's another link somewhere on these forums where it costs £24. Not sure if the one I linked to here would get me the actual games. Doesn't have much info.

Yea last time I checked CDKeys work. They should send you a key, you then redeem that within your Origin account - https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/redeem 

Then you'd have access to the C&C collection in the Origin launcher.