Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See that lake? Fill it with destroyers and carriers. Air problem solved. First base raped.

Use a pinpoint attack on the second construction yard. Prefaribly an apc 5 engi attack. Right after sending a spy into a power plant. Teslas wont be firing. The rest miss your apc.

Once done. Airforce for tactical powerplant bashing. And then you bash the rest with your airforce.

It takes more time. But your losses would be considerable less.

I used 1 thief at the start for distracting the flame tower. And ended up saving my first tanya.

That would be about it.

I look forward to your soviet campaign. Or do you the allied aftermath first?

I look forward to your soviet campaign. Or do you the allied aftermath first?

I'll do the Soviet campaign first. It's already pre-recorded and I like to do the game in the order of release, at least for each series. I'll probably do RA2 before I do TS, though.

It would be interesting to throw in the mission's from Kane's Wrath whenever they come up, though.  XD However, I'm not going to do that because spoilers.

it is. You just have to select the planes and move them away right from the start. The bridge destruction is caused by (or linked to, not sure; a lot of this kind of stuff is enforced with triggers in RA) the barrels. Don't shoot the barrels, and the bridge remains.

Not sure if you can get troops across with the jeep standing there, but you can probably sell everything and move the resulting troops onto the bridge to suicide them all a lot easier.

Seems I was wrong about that bridge in mission 1. The bride can be saved if you immediately select the planes and let them destroy the barrels. I assume the trigger is linked to that jeep's house, meaning only that jeep destroying the barrels makes the bridge blow up. Beat them to it, and the bridge survives :)

Nyerguds

Shouldn't work like that. The barrels have the trigger attached to them (jeep) that will destroy the bridge.

Name:    jeep1

Owner:    France

Priority: 7

Max:      0

Num:      0

WayPoint: -1

Team:    Ranger                1

Orders:  0 Move to waypoint... 17

1 Attack Waypoint... 72

2 Move to waypoint... 94

3 Move to waypoint... 95

Linked triggers: jep2

Name:      jeep

Owner:    Spain

Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  Attacked by anybody

Action 1:  Destroy attached building

Action 2:  Force Trigger... brdg

Linked to: CellTriggers - 8

Buildings - 3

Name:      brdg

Owner:    Spain

Existence: temporary (any linked event -> switch, destroy)

Type:      simple (event1 => action1 [+ action2])

Event 1:  -No Event-

Action 1:  Destroy attached building

Action 2:  Destroy attached building

Triggers:  jeep

Linked to: CellTriggers - 3

SCU01EA_ini.jpg.1099b5669e233efc6f5b8b25002ee060.jpg

Well, all I can tell you is that I tried it, and it works. If you attack the barrels with the planes before the jeep can, the bridge does not blow up :P

Maybe it's because I attack the leftmost barrel? It's possible that death explosion damage like that is seen as owner-less, meaning the other barrels blow up without being "attacked by anybody".

Nyerguds.

The "Destroy attached building" will destroy any building that has "jeep" attached to. This inludes the other barrels. As you say death explosion damage may not be seen as "anybody" or it is just RA1 being RA1 and breaking it own rules... Wouldn't be the first time I have seen this.

Well, nice to know that challenging to loose would give new insights in the triggering of these games. :)

And it seems that I don't have to challenge you to play that mission without a refinery, because you already did. Good job.

By the way, in multiplayer you indeed see enemy spies as minigunners of your own colour.

Didn't know that either. I think I've never seen a spy in a MP game... or I didn't know it was a spy.

Funny thing is when I first played this mission (I was like 5) I was doing terribly, but I discovered you win if you blow up the transport simply because I didn't have the units left to do it properly.

Hooray for game bugs!

You mean even if the spy isn't in it?

Funny thing is when I first played this mission (I was like 5) I was doing terribly, but I discovered you win if you blow up the transport simply because I didn't have the units left to do it properly.

Hooray for game bugs!

You mean even if the spy isn't in it?

Yep :P