Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since red alert doesn't have the money exploit. This mission is the only one to do it by placing A LOT of buildings.

Notice how the convoy also needs to reach the end for your mission accomplished? If you manage to block the convoy with your own troops, you have plenty of time.

Mission 4 is easy, but you can make it easier this way.

Mission 4 is surprisingly hard for a mission that early in the campaign. It's not super challenging, but harder than the earlier Soviet missions. Then again, I think that the Soviet campaign is the easier campaign overall.

I'm not sure if it was the first time, but long ago when I completed this mission I used just my initial forces and the reinforcements because you get so many of them them. That bit be me back hard later.

Since red alert doesn't have the money exploit. This mission is the only one to do it by placing A LOT of buildings.

Hah! I never realized that xD

I smell sarcasm. :)

And yeah, I felt that Sovjets was(is) easier than allieds. Even the Aftermath missions gave me this feeling.

The most troublesome for me was the nuke mission. I wonder how you will pull that one off.

But the last allieds mission was relatively very easy.

Do you mean the the Allied mission where you have to disable the four nukes or one of the expansion missions?

I HATED that mission.

Well the interior part anyway.

Come to think of it I really struggled with pretty much all of the interior missions.... (except mousetrap)

Yeap, Allied missions are tougher than Soviets. The only Soviet mission I find hard is the penultimate one (keep failing when the chrnosphere self-blows) and maybe the convoy-elimination mission since the truck leaves the moment you enter their base, making it easy to fail for first-timers.

Allied missions are harder, whether it's with base or not. On missions with longbows available, I find the easiest way is to destroy their ore trucks with them to stop the soviet tank rush madness, attacking the ore trucks with ground units will trigger them to throw everything at you, which horrifies me the most when you're not prepared.

The chronosphere mission is plain bugged though. I wonder what happens if you iron curtain the chronosphere though. Would you still lose?

I actually captured it like that once. Stalin still raged about it blowing up, though, but really, I totally saved it :D

It no longer is with the unofficial patch. You can capture it now, with the main issue being that the AI spam rocket guys to destroy it.

Before the bug was fixed, the way to beat the mission was to destroy all blue Allied units. It's annoying, though, because it means you have to hunt down ships, pillboxes and riflemen.

It no longer is with the unofficial patch. You can capture it now, with the main issue being that the AI spam rocket guys to destroy it.

Before the bug was fixed, the way to beat the mission was to destroy all blue Allied units. It's annoying, though, because it means you have to hunt down ships, pillboxes and riflemen.

The one and only that I hate about the sovjet missions.

Even when I succeeded that mission. When I replay 2 or 3 years later, I screw up again.

Eh? What? It's supposed to blow up anyway; that's the way the mission should go. Only, if you correctly disabled all known detection systems first, you should get Mission Accomplished after it blows up. Actually capturing shouldn't be possible at all unless you use the iron curtain to prevent it from blowing up as I described; it's just not how the storyline goes!

The bug, as far as I know, was just that players got Mission Failed instead of Mission Accomplished despite destroying all the targets before approaching the chronosphere and triggering its destruction.