Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert

TaxOwlbear

You can also capture the construction yard, sell it and use the engineer from the yard to capture the barracks on top the crate. You don't really need additional soldiers, but they can be used to absorb some of the dogs (IMO the most dangerous unit in this Tanya mission).

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I capture it just to get some infantry, they make the mission slightly easier by killing dogs (dangerous to Tanya), even the artillery doesn't help against dogs since they'll just send infantry to rush it before it can protect Tanya against dogs. The other mission (the 3rd Allies without the artillery) only gives you 2 light tanks if you make use of the captured engineers but this one is harder because of the attack dogs and V2 launcher.

Well, this mission is so boring for me. That I totally forgot about the money crate. I always rushed to the bridges and won without worrying about any thing else.

Is it 100% certain that the construction yard gives a new engineer?

For all I know, this never happens in red alert. But there are different versions, so I wondered. I only get rifle infantry. And apparantly a technician.

I am awaiting your mission 4. Since it is my favorite.

I don't know if you have done it yet. But I challenge you into using only barracks units.

Captured CYs never give a new engineer, no, probably to prevent you from severely crippling a base with a single engineer by taking out two structures in a row.

Mind you, destroying the CY might give you engineers. Not sure if the logics behind that keep the captured status in mind. But not with Tanya; she leaves no survivors :laugh:

I don't know if you have done it yet. But I challenge you into using only barracks units.

I'm currently travelling and pre-recorded the entire campaign. However, I'll take up your challenge anyway. Once I'm back and have access to my recording equipment, I'll make a bonus video. :)

Because I probably need this: How many barracks does one need to get the full construction speed boost? Eight?

I'm currently travelling and pre-recorded the entire campaign. However, I'll take up your challenge anyway. Once I'm back and have access to my recording equipment, I'll make a bonus video. :)

Because I probably need this: How many barracks does one need to get the full construction speed boost? Eight?

For Riflemen and Rockets (which is what I assume you will be using) you only need two for rockets and one for rifles.

You need 3 or 4 for engis and 6 for medics. But since when did you need 100 medics?

Depends on how many he is going to need to take up the challenge :)

It is a fun challenge though. Not a hard one.

It's just funny to see just soldiers winning the day. :devil:

May I advice you?

If you do the alternate version of a mission, like you did with mission 3. Please refer them to 3 a and 3 b. Easier for other people to find a mission that they are looking for.

Having to see a 4 while you play mission 3 again is confusion.

Same goes for mission 4 in a normal way and the challenge on mission 4.

I understand that you want to pull it off in one go.

But losing both artillery is bad, ok? They are good anti infantry material. The same goes for that Ranger. But then again, having some flame towers is nice to have.

Good show overall, you did this mission rather fast.

Thank god you also played my favourite of the 3.

There is a trick for tanya to destroy much, much more of that base ;) You need to wack that flame tower, it is possible to barely make it. Then blow up the CY and the 2 refineries. Don't go near the heavy tank. And certainly don't go near the teslaT.

Now your troops arrive.

Then, if you have the artillery left, from the start, the AI infantry has no chance. But make sure you have some FT.

Use your tanks to kill any incoming tank. The repair pad is all you need.

Use v2 against the base defences, but be wary and retreat again when the AI does... something.

There is no air defence. And once you killed their air, your Yaks are completely safe.

You can win that mission by losing notching. It is possible.

PS. When will you be doing mission 4?

There is a trick for tanya to destroy much, much more of that base ;) You need to wack that flame tower, it is possible to barely make it. Then blow up the CY and the 2 refineries. Don't go near the heavy tank. And certainly don't go near the teslaT.

I didn't even consider that. I always think flame turrets = death even though flame turrets aren't that effective. I prefer camo pillboxes.

PS. When will you be doing mission 4?

I'm finally back and will try to record it tomorrow.