Let's Play Command & Conquer Red Alert

TaxOwlbear

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I re-watched the footage. At 1:28, when the Allied soldiers move around the upper corner, there are thirteen floor tiles between them and my soldiers. Just before my guys turn around the lower corner, it's down to eleven floor tiles. Maybe there's some other reason for it, but it really seems that my guys are slower.

I did a little test, and the Allied soldiers easily catch up with my guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5t9SeEXLW0&feature=youtu.be

Jacko

There are 2 sides that are Red and Blue. USSR and BadGuy are both the same Red.  Greece and GoodGuy are both the same Blue.

Yes thats true, theres also Multi2 (Blue) and Multi3 (Red), but for the majority of the time its just Greece and USSR.

But the devs could have done it.

there is definitively no other rifle soldier in the map .ini or somewhere else in the system.

But I also can't find house specific speed settings for [Greece] or a modified difficulty setting for [Normal], which may be used to increase the speed of that guys here, in the map ini. Probably that may be hardcoded for this mission here. (same they hardcoded the prerequisite setting for the nod stealth tank in mission 10 for C&C)

surprisingly, there is

[italy]

TechLevel=7

wtf?

TaxOwlbear

I'll bet this happens on all maps. The AI cheats...

Goatmessiah

Italy was planned at one time and was latter changed to Ukraine. If you open EDWIN.exe with a hex editor you can find Italy in the houses.

X3M

Never seen a mission have hardcoded logic like TD in RA1.

Thats only because RA has the logic to just change features like that in any mission/maps (in a rules.ini style of things), whereas C&C1 never had that, so any special "one-time" things (such as Stealth tanks or capturing the Adv Comm centre) were hardcoded into the game specifically for those missions (Nyerguds fill me in here?).

When I played this mission for the 1st time it beat the ever loving fark out of me. I ended up taking over the tan/brown base and using a mix of Allied and Soviet units and buildings.

I also had the truck get away a few times. I ended up building a wall of tanks on all 3 sides of the base so the truck could not leave the map. It ran into one of the walls of tanks and died. Also the truck dosn't have a run when attacked tag attached to it so you can take it out with paratroops and parbombs.

When I first played this, I didn't even know that he lorry could escape. I just attacked the blue base and suddenly I lost, leaving me puzzled.

The fasted way to do this is probably with paratroopers, as you said. I don't know if you can land them net to the lorry (or whether this triggers the escape), but they are good for blocking the escape routes. I wanted to play it safe this time, though.

The triggers that tell the truck to run are only on the out side of the base. 3 or 4 tiggers tell the trick to run. Depending on what way you try to enter the base will make the truck run using a different escape route.

A compose of screenshots I took of the mission in RAED. If your units try to attack the base from the outside and cross the red lines I drew the truck will run but if you land in side of all of the green boxes the truck will stay in the base even if attacked.

SCU09EA.jpg.2dd5c576c57ec1886b7e4973dc8d25aa.jpg