Who's horrible idea was it to create the lobby rules?

Carlos

Why the strict lobby rules? If players don't want to hear certain things then they can filter bad language or "ignore" other players. The lobby creator has the mentality of a 3rd grader, they're probably the type of person that would run off crying the moment anyone called them a mean name. Furthermore, why does this forum not have a crying emoji?

Yeah you also sound like the type of person that would run to a corner crying after an insult. I can see why you would be part of the CnCnet cry baby team. When you impose such restrictions you're just degrading the experience of the good players and favoring that of the players that shouldn't be there, the idiots and the players under 13 years of age. Unless the CnCnet team is profiting from the players somehow, then the favoring of stupid people and the addition of such childish rules is just a bad reflection of CnCnet. Sorry if you got offended by any of this (which you did.)

Wow, you make assumptions quickly. Anyway, skill level doesn't determine who should or should not play online. Newbies are just as welcome on CnCNet as pros, and well-behaving newbies that are willing to learn are actually more welcome than 'pro' players (like you, I'd guess) who don't know how to be nice to others. How does a language filter help "idiots" anyway? I'd guess that idiots are more likely to curse in the lobby, meaning that idiots get banned more often than players who aren't idiots.

Btw, I was more mature than you even when I was 13.

Oh, and it looks like this same thing has already been discussed here: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=5021.msg36356;boardseen#new

In other words, we recently switched servers to Gamesurge, and they will automatically ban you for 5 minutes if you use offensive language in the lobby. We at CnCNet have no control over it.

By idiots I mean't overly emotional people that get easily offended or people that have been brainwashed to think some words are really bad. By good players I mean people that log on almost everyday, they might be very discouraged by permanent bans. Anyways it's nice to know that the lobby rules weren't CnCNet's choice directly.

"Btw, I was more mature than you even when I was 13." That doesn't sound very legitimate when you're crying in a corner :/

The lobby creator has the mentality of a 3rd grader, they're probably the type of person that would run off crying the moment anyone called them a mean name.

If you mean spamserv...

SpamServ is a bot from GameSurge, the domain hosting the cncnet channel. It's not really part of the cncnet infrastructure. Their server, their rules, I assume.

• 6 months later...

In other words, we recently switched servers to Gamesurge, and they will automatically ban you for 5 minutes if you use offensive language in the lobby. We at CnCNet have no control over it.

guess u didn't notice that admins can add new words to the profanity filter whenever they want = it's not all SpamServ, CNCNET has ALOT to fucking do with it...

I can? Cool! I'll add "gg" to it just for funzies :D

So, um... how do I do that? Because I have no clue, honestly  :laugh:

ask rossi...one day "Allah is doing" and "Allah is not doing" are both acceptable sayings, the next fay, they are both ban-worthy............................hmmmmmmmmm.................................HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....................................

Why does that surprise you? We have rules against religious content on the channel. And that guy had been going around with "allah this" and "allah that" for hours; joking or not, it was getting on everyone's nerves.

Break,

We have rules for a reason, and that's to keep the chat friendly. If you can't follow the rules, why do you continue to come back? If we didn't have rules, we would have non stop profanity. SpamServ is part if GameSurge

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your concern. Rules are needed to make sure everyone is respecting players and having a good time. There's no reason why we would need profanity or discrimination in the lobby. If we didn't have rules in the lobby, players would continue to swear and cause problems with other players. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive and enjoyable experience on CNC Net.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.