KABOOM? Error? Something not working? Post here

Grant

Hi,

I am having an issue where ive tried to reinstall numerous times but I have no maps showing up like everyone else in the game lobbies.

It is blurry and doesnt show me the numbers or where people have positioned themselves.

I cannot figure it out!

Hello - sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Map rendering will require .NET framework 4, make sure you have that installed and you should be good to go.

Hi there,

No luck. Did a repair of framework from downloading it again and still in the lobbies and selecting maps it comes up not rendered and no numbers. Sometimes new maps show the numbers however.

I installed using the same files and friends and they have no issues

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

A new update that has moved the YR client to a new reliable server will have a few teething issues at first.  Please post any problems you have come across.

Logged in our issue tracker is the following:

[*]Private message issue with input box not appearing on reply

[*]Delayed chat

[*]Delayed faction change

[*]Kick functionality for hosted games not working

[*]Messages being cut off in chat lobby, unless resized client

[*]Typing "/privmsg" in chat (without any arguments) client crashes

If you have a kaboom error, please upload your cncnetclient.log file found in your game directory and attach to the forum post.

Hello.

I'm having really big connection issues. I often get DCs from the server, also the game lags badly, even though my internet connection seems to be stable. Is there anything i can do about it?

Hello,

The client crashing out from the server is not related to your game lagging. It's a bug in the client. However in the newer 3.0 client this shouldn't happen. https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?board=124.0

To address the lag, you can test whether your game is running correctly by starting a skirmish game. Put the gamespeed to fastest, the tanks should be flying around the screen. If they are not, you will need to change the renderer in the client options. Try setting to TS-DDRAW, save, retry skirmish.

I checked all combinations of renderers and back buffer in video memory on/off. Skirmish works really fine, it's ultra fast, but internet experience isn't that great. My client sometimes crashes, but usually it gets that red alert from the screenshot (i'll translate if needed) and just disconnects.

EDIT: I add cncnetclient file again (crash this time).

cncnetclient.log

Hello.

I'm having really big connection issues. I often get DCs from the server, also the game lags badly, even though my internet connection seems to be stable. Is there anything i can do about it?

Hello,

The client crashing out from the server is not related to your game lagging. It's a bug in the client. However in the newer 3.0 client this shouldn't happen. https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?board=124.0

To address the lag, you can test whether your game is running correctly by starting a skirmish game. Put the gamespeed to fastest, the tanks should be flying around the screen. If they are not, you will need to change the renderer in the client options. Try setting to TS-DDRAW, save, retry skirmish.

i got same issue + server crash way too much if u r saying that in the new cilent this will be fixed then please hurry it up and finish it already

Hello.

Hello,

i got same issue + server crash way too much if u r saying that in the new cilent this will be fixed then please hurry it up and finish it already

Help test it already  ;)

Hello.

Hello,

Help test it already  ;)

i already have it and i don't mind testin it out as u wanted b4 u needed some 4 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 i was one of the ppl that downloaded it but not enough ppl to test it out if u got enought ppl just Pm here and i will be happy to help

Всем привет! Запускаю CnCNet 5 всё работает, вижу других игроков, но как дело доходит до запуска игры, игра Red  Alert 2 Yuri's не запускается, в чём может быть проблема и как её устранить???

Всем привет! Запускаю CnCNet 5 всё работает, вижу других игроков, но как дело доходит до запуска игры, игра Red  Alert 2 Yuri's не запускается, в чём может быть проблема и как её устранить???

Do you have a screenshot?

Installed RA2. Working properly. Installed cncnet client. Laucher lauched well, but when i press cncnet or Skirmish - nothing happens.

Log:

20. 11. 13:16:46.596    Unified CnCNet Client 1.15.6.0 by Rampastring

20. 11. 13:16:46.606    http://www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

20. 11. 13:16:46.606    Skipping reading statistics because the file doesn't exist!

20. 11. 13:16:46.616    Initializing supported game list.

Installed RA2. Working properly. Installed cncnet client. Laucher lauched well, but when i press cncnet or Skirmish - nothing happens.

Log:

20. 11. 13:16:46.606    Skipping reading statistics because the file doesn't exist!

Try the latest update

Log:

Try the latest update

It works now. Thanks ;)

As of 2.66.4, I can no longer see the control console on the right side of the screen. Game is unplayable. Anyone else get this problem?

Hello,

Latest update does not interfere with the game so it must be something you've changed in options. Go to options, renderer, and set it to an alternative, save. Try a skirmish game, rince and repeat until it is fixed.

Hi there.

New user, warming up for online play with some skirmish action.

Error report: Loading a saved skirmish match produces a crash every time.

Screen seems to start, but crashes <1 sec after displaying the game screen.

Error msg is attached.

Is this a common problem and the reason why the load saved game feature is missing from the skirmish launcher? (Didn't read the whole thread..)

Setup:

Tried TS-DDraw and IE-DDraw, DDWrapper does not work (cannot save renderer setting, crashes)

Asus Zenbook U500VZ, Win10 X64, i7-3632QM, Nvidia 650M, 8GB

Best regards,

fgh

ra2_cncnet.png.807271fcd8198f7d271507097e60d0bd.png

Hi there.

New user, warming up for online play with some skirmish action.

Error report: Loading a saved skirmish match produces a crash every time.

Screen seems to start, but crashes <1 sec after displaying the game screen.

Error msg is attached.

Is this a common problem and the reason why the load saved game feature is missing from the skirmish launcher? (Didn't read the whole thread..)

Setup:

Tried TS-DDraw and IE-DDraw, DDWrapper does not work (cannot save renderer setting, crashes)

Asus Zenbook U500VZ, Win10 X64, i7-3632QM, Nvidia 650M, 8GB

Best regards,

fgh

I reinstalled the game because I installed a mod and I couldn't revert it, tried to play a skirmish game and it gives me this error as soon as I press launch game.

I have to mention that yesterday everything was ok only I couldn't play multiplayer because I installed some mod.

Got windows 7 sp1 64bit, any help would be appreciated

What version are you running? Tried the latest?

The version of the client is 3.0.28 the skirmish worked perfectly a day ago, I reinstalled the game because I installed a mod which wouldn't allow me to play multiplayer, reinstalled, reinstalled the new client (which is different from what I had) and then I can't play skirmish anymore, I didn't try multiplayer yet, will try tomorrow.