Destroy Battle Fortress + Guardian GIs?

Vulkov

Good tank control i suppose, they are tough to beat. But remember it costs 4000$ for a full fortress, so its costly to replace.

In general: keep your tanks moving to avoid the rockets, if you can flank the Fortress, it will die before it can retreat.

Soviets: Don't build apocalypse vs them, they will just get kited. Instead use Rhino Tanks, with good tank control (just practice) Maybe a few terror drones.  If you lose 4 rhinos to take a full fortress out, thats 3600$ lost from you but 4000$+ lost from the enemy.

Allies: Another Battle Fortress maybe? Nah just use some Mirage Tanks or a Chrono Legionaire + IFV Combo/Fortress

as allied: attack the bf with rocketeers, the bf will auto shoot on the rocketeers but they wont take alot of damage from the bf. then you move in your mirage tanks or just grizzly tanks to take down the bf.

if you are at your base and a bf is comming close you can just place a pillbox or prism tower. same thing here, the bf will auto shoot your base defence and it wont take alot of damage.

as soviet its a little harder, you have to "catch" the bf as it is comming towards your tanks and its close enough you attack it with 6 +/- rhino tanks. the bf is slow in turning and slow in moving so if you time it correctly you should be able to kill it without losing to many tanks. make sure you dont click the bf directly but give your tanks a move order behind the bf. they will auto shoot it when they are near, if you make the mistake to click the bf directly they will stay behind the bf and they keep getting out of range.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 1/26/2016 at 2:04 PM, heldro said:

as allied: attack the bf with rocketeers, the bf will auto shoot on the rocketeers but they wont take alot of damage from the bf. then you move in your mirage tanks or just grizzly tanks to take down the bf.

that's just too much . lol

you forgot that battle fortress is slow ?

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

That is actually to easy, many people that think that is OP is because don't have common sense about timing, if you play 1v1 allies need lab for get a expensive BF and put GGI inside in that time you can do a lot of things like mass tanks that kill BF to easy, most of the competitive players make a single 1 BF GGI just for hit and run and kill desolators (all competitive players use Iraq) mass Mirages is a better strategy because they are more versatile, if you are in a BF GGI situation wit soviets just separate your tanks or split and flank that BF, not try to drone the BF GGI because always are a seal or GI inside and engineer IFV can repair, some soviets make Kirovs for take the GGI rockets and use the thanks for attack the BF GGI, but most of the time a simple mass of thanks run arround BF can do all the job and mirages in allies scenario do it better that rhinos, also BF GGI is slower than any other thank LOL except elite BF GGI but also you can easy dodge the attack of BF GGI easy to. 

You can see many of that techniques here: https://youtu.be/Fxdq8J6Ul7w 

Edited by Kikematamitos
Not clickeable link
  • Upvote 1

The very best way to kill a BF is the combination of Rocketeers + Rhino tanks (in team games, obviously). 

If you are just soviet, your best hope is to play the cat and mouse game. Bait him bait him and then make a sharp turn towards him. It doesn't work as well against super pros as they are always one step a head, but for me it works against 90% of competition nowadays. Doing this I might only lose 2 tanks out of 8 or so while he loses the entire BF.

It gets much much more difficult as more BF's are added. If its like 3 bfs vs 20 rhino tanks then you might need a kirov airship or something to deflect some of the hits somehow. 

• Upvote 1

Battle Fortresses were meant to kill tanks, attacking them with tanks is a WOMBAT (Waste of Money, Brains & Time.) Hit them with Terror Drones [in Flak Traks ?] or more Battle Fortresses if you are Allied, in any case, these units [BFs'] are under-rated. Yuri Masterminds & Floating Discs would be your best bet I presume. Or a sound strategy is to have air superiority —they suck against Black Eagles.

I've noticed Robot Tanks are recommended in almost every Allied mission —-these must be good —especially since BFs' cannot target them when they're on water terrain.

Edited by laserbeak
typo + addendum
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, laserbeak said:

Battle Fortresses were meant to kill tanks, attacking them with tanks is a WOMBAT (Waste of Money, Brains & Time.) Hit them with Terror Drones [in Flak Traks ?] or more Battle Fortresses if you are Allied, in any case, these units [BFs'] are under-rated. Yuri Masterminds & Floating Discs would be your best bet I presume. Or a sound strategy is to have air superiority —they suck against Black Eagles.

I've noticed Robot Tanks are recommended in almost every Allied mission —-these must be good —especially since BFs' cannot target them when they're on water terrain.

Sure you can battle BF's with Yuri's mind control and other BF's but that does nothing for the soviet player.

BF's are usually not such a problem for other allied players or even much of an issue for yuri players... BF's are a direct assault against the soviet players. 

Terror drones will do absolutely nothing against BFs as they get killed instantly and even if you manage to get them into the BF almost every allied player will carry a engi ifv to immediately repair the BF. Tanks are your only combat. Siege choppers work as well in very long games, but they are unrealistic in short games and most 1on1's to counter BF's. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, laserbeak said:

I dont understand why people like this, who obviously have never played the game give advice.    

Terror drones in flak traks, good meme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

I dont understand why people like this, who obviously have never played the game give advice.    

Terror drones in flak traks, good meme. 

I don't know what you mean, I've played _many_ MP LAN games. I've always relied on Kirovs, if their air defence is lax, you will win. Long time back I finished the final Red Alert 2 Soviet mission with one Kirov & no base, they self-heal & are a nightmare to take down.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

okay then. but msg to the original poster. please dont make drones in flaks or drones without flaks against battle fortresses.)

Kirovs + Apocs == Battle Fortresses (Or you could just use cannon fodder ~> 15 Conscripts + 7 Terror Drones in front of your en massed Rhino Tanks. 

Edited by laserbeak
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

brother, i promise you, you have no idea what you are talking about and you are completely wrong on everything. I guess its possible you are just having a laff, but if you are being serious... idk what to say.

I can assure you I'am well experienced. & asking how to defend against BFs' is like asking how to defend against Kirovs. You need practice micromanaging & building your economy. They're the games most expensive unit, so it makes sense to draw fire away from the Tanks with expendable Conscripts.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 conscripts and 7 drones die in 2 seconds to a battle fortress you dumb fuck. bf is built in most cases to counter fodder(desolators), not tanks. im done with this conversation. please try playing the game against actual people instead of easy AI and maybe you will come up with actual advice for your next post. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Simple solutions:

-iron curtain

-kill battle lab early

-splits

allies long game weakness is splits, so you split and attack their base not their BF.  Tanks can take out a battle fortress with good micro, in desperate situations you can send a spy plane and go in, and or paradrop if you have an airport.

edit: most common BF encountered is 1seal and 4 ggi’s

Edited by a1nthony

19 minutes ago, Omituinen said:

15 conscripts and 7 drones die in 2 seconds to a battle fortress you dumb fuck. bf is built in most cases to counter fodder(desolators), not tanks. im done with this conversation. please try playing the game against actual people instead of easy AI and maybe you will come up with actual advice for your next post. 

BFs' have a machine gun but it's useless —please get your facts straight. There is no sense in us talking any further.

20 minutes ago, a1nthony said:

edit: most common BF encountered is 1seal and 4 ggi’s

Well if they have Navy Seals garrisoned, that's just diminishing their intended role, which is to kill Tanks, making them an easier target. I'd go with all Guardian GIs' if I were them. I used to think [3] linked Prism Towers were unstoppable but there's always a way around it.

• Upvote 1

@laserbeak Omituinen is the current best player on Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge and has maintained that title for over five years.

This is his current record for this month : https://staging.cnc-comm.com/ladder/8-2018/yr/player/llllllllll
Notice the 95% win rate? Yeah he knows what he's talking about.

All of your suggestions are too slow to manufacture and even slower to maneuver into position once made.
Considering the content of your replies, you're either very inexperienced in multiplayer or just plain trolling.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, laserbeak said:

I can assure you I'am well experienced. & asking how to defend against BFs' is like asking how to defend against Kirovs. You need practice micromanaging & building your economy. They're the games most expensive unit, so it makes sense to draw fire away from the Tanks with expendable Conscripts.

Everyone here is referring to PvP experience. Your advice isn't very good in a PvP scenario. 

• Upvote 1