RedAlert2 mode

DeCKs

What is this "huge imbalance" that you're talking about? I'm not just going to download your INI file and apply it to the game. What's the issue, what would you like changed and why?

sorry for my English.

in the usual Red Alert 2. Play Korea , the black eagle . necessary 2 hits to kill a tank. in this mode need one shot, and tank destroy. my file is incorrect. Please fix it.

I thing delete "maverick" and work right.

[Maverick]

Burst=2

[Maverick2]

Burst=2

[MaverickE]

Burst=4

[Maverick2E]

Burst=2

strange that before this issue is not raised .

There is a huge imbalance that you created in this mode. When you are able to fix it ?

The recommended version of the hotfix in this file .

Ra2 mode has multiple discrepancies from ra2. For instance on ra2 you can create multiple tanyas. In ra2 mode you can only create one. There was a few other thing's i noticed aswell last time i tried it.

-all planes have x2 strength then ra2. (and yuri btw)

-GI (yuri GI's) are stronger then ra2 GI's

-tank building time should be changed back to the way its in ra2.

soviet should be 1 more war factory (approx) faster, if you have 3 in yuri, you produce tanks as if you have 2 in ra2, and so on.

allied are more complicated, but i can try and look deeper into it.

-fixin tanya issue as zigzag said.

-attack standing mirages no longer requires using the Ctrl key. and you can just attack them by pointing mouse over them and order "fire".

-also, in ra2 tanks can be chosen while inside war factory- in that sec' they ready. in yuri tanks can be chosen only while driving out of the war factory, this one sounds really minor, but actually its really makes big difference. i don't know if this one can be fixed though.

• Upvote 1

soviet should be 1 more war factory (approx) faster, if you have 3 in yuri, you produce tanks as if you have 2 in ra2, and so on.

-attack standing mirages no longer requires using the Ctrl key. and you can just attack them by pointing mouse over them and order "fire".

-also, in ra2 tanks can be chosen while inside war factory- in that sec' they ready. in yuri tanks can be chosen only while driving out of the war factory, this one sounds really minor, but actually its really makes big difference. i don't know if this one can be fixed though.

thx bro  that we support the theme ;)

I want to add

1. There is no way to land a plane manually. If you select a plane in a fly, you cannot point it to the landing field because there is no cursor

2. Also, when you sell Tanya or spy it should be sold for 1/2 of initial cost. Currently, all money returns back

ra2

[Para]

Damage=15

Yr

[Para]

Damage=25;23

Or you could make proper RA2 support.

And what good would that do. It's pretty much pointless until and IF EVER we get World Domination mode working.

A lot of behind the scenes hacks were rewritten to proper code and a lot of bug fixes were made in YR. All RA2 would give is a whole load of bugs really.

in the usual Red Alert 2. Play Korea , the black eagle . necessary 2 hits to kill a tank. in this mode need one shot, and tank destroy. my file is incorrect. Please fix it.

Right, to the issue subject.

1. That's Damage, Strength is health. Yes planes do do more damage, i investigated it, is because Westwood changed the Weapon Burst code. Will be fixed.

2. Indeed GI weapons were changed in YR, missed that one. Will be fixed.

3. Huh? Build speeds or the way units are produced haven't changed since RA2... Nothing to fix there.

4. Training more than one Tanya was a bug in RA2. Won't be changed.

5. That shouldn't happen, appears WW caused a bug in AttackCursorOnDisguise code in YR. Will revert the change that could be affecting this.

6. That was a bug fix made by Westwood in YR. In RA2 under certain circumstances the units could get glitched and get stuck in the War Factories. Nothing to fix there.

In YR Westwood rearranged the Rules.ini which made it really hard to compare them to RA2's.

When I made the RA2 mode i rearranged the RA2 rules to how they are arranged in YRs RulesMD.ini, because of how much stuff they have it's possible i missed some.

Thanks for reporting these, fixes to these and some other things i noticed along the way will be added likely in the next update.

I want to add

1. There is no way to land a plane manually. If you select a plane in a fly, you cannot point it to the landing field because there is no cursor

2. Also, when you sell Tanya or spy it should be sold for 1/2 of initial cost. Currently, all money returns back

1. Yea, its known. It's suspected to be a bug caused while coding YR. Will try to get someone to see if it can be fixed.

2. RA2 mode has pretty much the same rules as RA2 aside from bug fixes, the Soylent value for TANY is her original cost in RA2.

Or you could make proper RA2 support.

And what good would that do. It's pretty much pointless until and IF EVER we get World Domination mode working.

A lot of behind the scenes hacks were rewritten to proper code and a lot of bug fixes were made in YR. All RA2 would give is a whole load of bugs really.

Apparently, some people like RA2 more than YR. Native support is always better than going around the issue, it differs sloppy service from a good one. Since CnCNet has stepped into XWIS' territory, they can at least do that right. Besides, if I recall correctly, RA2 mode was just a temporary solution until RA2 was properly supported.

1. That's Damage, Strength is health. Yes planes do do more damage, i investigated it, is because Westwood changed the Weapon Burst code. Will be fixed.

2. Indeed GI weapons were changed in YR, missed that one. Will be fixed.

3. Huh? Build speeds or the way units are produced haven't changed since RA2... Nothing to fix there.

5. That shouldn't happen, appears WW caused a bug in AttackCursorOnDisguise code in YR. Will revert the change that could be affecting this.

6. That was a bug fix made by Westwood in YR. In RA2 under certain circumstances the units could get glitched and get stuck in the War Factories. Nothing to fix there.

1. sorry for my English, i meant damage.

3. the time required to produce a tank in yuri is longer then the time require in ra2. please double check it.

for example, (1 war factory) in ra2 to make a rhino should take about 8:70 sec', in yuri it will take about 11:30 sec.

4. as hard it will be to accept it, i will have your judgment here

6. that does change allot of the gameplay.

Whoa whoa whoa, noticed you wrote this. That was a deliberate Westwood decision, proven by ai.ini, which specifically allows the AI to build taskforces, one of which with two Tanyas.

[0CE3754C-G]
Name=2 Tanya, 3 Gi, 1 Blackhawk
0=2,TANY
1=3,E1
2=1,SHAD
Group=-1

It also goes well with the fact that you can make more than one Yuri (which they were too lost to name Psi-Corps Trooper in multiplayer).

Whoa whoa whoa, noticed you wrote this. That was a deliberate Westwood decision, proven by ai.ini, which specifically allows the AI to build taskforces, one of which with two Tanyas.

[0CE3754C-G]
Name=2 Tanya, 3 Gi, 1 Blackhawk
0=2,TANY
1=3,E1
2=1,SHAD
Group=-1

It also goes well with the fact that you can make more than one Yuri (which they were too lost to name Psi-Corps Trooper in multiplayer).

AI.ini was likely generated automatically by Westwood's internal editor as the screenshot of it even implies.

002.jpg

None of the other with Tanya taskforces have more than one Tanya.

Hmm "Blackhawk" guess that script was made during mid or even early beta as the Alpha name of the Night Hawk was "Shadow Transport" and Beta was "Blackhawk". All the other scripts have the final names.

Haven't found anywhere where Westwood would talk about "Tanya's", its either "Tanya" or "a Tanya" however "Yuri's" were always referred in in plural and the story of that unit is that they are clones. Westwood did chat sessions, FAQ's and interviews where they talked about changes introduced in YR, Tanya's build limit wasn't one of them which leads to further believe they quietly dealt with that issue.

"Psi-Corps Trooper" is a beta name for the "Psi Commando" which is a different unit from Yuri's, with mind control and C4.

I suspect that 2 was supposed to be 2 Seal's, but they didn't have the Seal art and code done then and used Tanya as a placeholder since it's pretty much the same unit or someone just made a mistake.

Out of all people you would know how much Westwood Pacific(who did the game code and inis while some people from Vegas did art and the Vegas filming and cutscene 3D artist crew did the FMV's) made mistakes, both of the games are full of them. :P

One of them being because of a constantly repeated spelling error debris on a lot of stuff is broken, at this point i'm not even sure i want to fix that cause well seems it could drastically change the outcome of destroying something. :\

Hmm "Blackhawk" guess that script was made during mid or even early beta as the Alpha name of the Night Hawk was "Shadow Transport" and Beta was "Blackhawk". All the other scripts have the final names.

"BlackHawk Transport" stands in the Name= tag under [sHAD] in rules.ini and rulesmd.ini. The Nighthawk name was given in mid/late beta stages, and only in the cameos and strings.

Haven't found anywhere where Westwood would talk about "Tanya's", its either "Tanya" or "a Tanya" however "Yuri's" were always referred in in plural and the story of that unit is that they are clones. Westwood did chat sessions, FAQ's and interviews where they talked about changes introduced in YR, Tanya's build limit wasn't one of them which leads to further believe they quietly dealt with that issue.

Why would you base your arguments on what Westwood Pacific (already known for a myriad of inconsistencies, as you mentioned) didn't say? Especially since they got lost in their own assets - remember Amphibious Transports and the fact that the Allied MCV concept actually has Soviet insignia? Remember the old RA2 official website where Hornets of the Aircraft Carrier were named Intruders, when Intruders were actually alpha/beta Harriers (which aren't even the McDonnell Douglas AV-8 Harriers in the voxels, but the Grumman A-6 Intruders!).

Setting the build limit in YR for Tanya made actual sense because she was improved and was not a carbon copy of a SEAL with the Battle Lab prerequisite. A higher price and ability to C4 tanks, combined with the fact that Boris and Yuri Prime also had a build limit, justified it more than enough.

"Psi-Corps Trooper" is a beta name for the "Psi Commando" which is a different unit from Yuri's, with mind control and C4.

"Psi-Corps Trooper" is an actual string used in Soviet missions 3, 9 and 11 that replaced the one used by the [YURI] unit in the mission maps' ini scripts and has an unused icon (psiticon.shp/psituico.shp, in the style of final RA2 cameos, you yourself had a no-text version of it in PreRA2). It's restored back to Yuri in Soviet mission 12 (or rather, the ini script changes weren't applied). Check the mission maps themselves from maps02.mix if you don't believe me.

Now, if SEALs were put in place of Tanya in RA2 and had a Battle Lab prerequisite, and Westwood Pacific stuck to the Psi-Corps Trooper name, we could talk logic. But since that didn't happen, you can't call a stupid design decision a bug.

Apparently, some people like RA2 more than YR. Native support is always better than going around the issue, it differs sloppy service from a good one. Since CnCNet has stepped into XWIS' territory, they can at least do that right. Besides, if I recall correctly, RA2 mode was just a temporary solution until RA2 was properly supported.

It started that way with Iran's really messy and incomplete version of the mode.

I reviewed the actual changes between the games and redid the mode from scratch once i decided YR doesn't actually have such drastic changes that would make a lot more proper RA2 mode possible.

"BlackHawk Transport" stands in the Name= tag under [sHAD] in rules.ini and rulesmd.ini. The Nighthawk name was given in mid/late beta stages, and only in the cameos and strings.

I know it's there, Name usually has the last beta name before the UIName to replace Name tag from TS was introduced for localization.

"Psi-Corps Trooper" is an actual string used in Soviet missions 3, 9 and 11 that replaced the one used by the [YURI] unit in the mission maps' ini scripts and has an unused icon (psiticon.shp/psituico.shp, in the style of final RA2 cameos, you yourself had a no-text version of it in PreRA2). It's restored back to Yuri in Soviet mission 12 (or rather, the ini script changes weren't applied). Check the mission maps themselves from maps02.mix if you don't believe me.

Now, if SEALs were put in place of Tanya in RA2 and had a Battle Lab prerequisite, and Westwood Pacific stuck to the Psi-Corps Trooper name, we could talk logic. But since that didn't happen, you can't call a stupid design decision a bug.

I know it is, they just decided to reuse that name for the campaign Yuri units that's all. Since the Alpha Yuri's were always Yuri's and were referred to in plural. The Soviet's were going to have Yuri Prime but the code and assets for that unit were never finished.

PTROOP was a actual campaign only? unit later turned into the Psi Commando. You can still find it on the leftover early beta Soviet mission 1 map sov1u still left in the maps02.mix.

Why would you base your arguments on what Westwood Pacific (already known for a myriad of inconsistencies, as you mentioned) didn't say? Especially since they got lost in their own assets - remember Amphibious Transports and the fact that the Allied MCV concept actually has Soviet insignia? Remember the old RA2 official website where Hornets of the Aircraft Carrier were named Intruders, when Intruders were actually alpha/beta Harriers (which aren't even the McDonnell Douglas AV-8 Harriers in the voxels, but the Grumman A-6 Intruders!).

Setting the build limit in YR for Tanya made actual sense because she was improved and was not a carbon copy of a SEAL with the Battle Lab prerequisite. A higher price and ability to C4 tanks, combined with the fact that Boris and Yuri Prime also had a build limit, justified it more than enough.

Well i talked to Speeder and some other people about the subject.

I guess we will talk about it what to do with Tanya. Well see

1. sorry for my English, i meant damage.

3. the time required to produce a tank in yuri is longer then the time require in ra2. please double check it.

for example, (1 war factory) in ra2 to make a rhino should take about 8:70 sec', in yuri it will take about 11:30 sec.

4. as hard it will be to accept it, i will have your judgment here

6. that does change allot of the gameplay.

I talked about the speed issue with Speeder, he pointed me to a ini tag i have forgot about BuildTimeMultiplier but it's already set to 1.0 to all the tanks but HTNK which i missed at the time i made the mode, that will be fixed.

There's nothing else I could find that can affect production speeds or any other speeds for that matter.

When comparing production speeds make sure to play at the same game speeds.

It's a known bug in the Retaliate mission code, its not related to the RA2 mode.

This map ToE. Enable RA2 it is. playing Yuri do not exist, on the same map.

It is possible to separate the regime from Yuri ?

I want to say that I have seen in Red Alert games created not only yuri.

58f0e01dcc9a9_.JPG.c32074a32633746ee34c46840fcd83d9.JPG