Player (DildoMaster) is a hacker

King_Kiff

He is a UK player.

I hosted a 1v1 CNC tib Dawn game and he joined and said hi.

I went the harvester route first and by the time I had a factory in he was sending over 10 NOD helis and spammed my few buildings to the ground...

Can you please ban him?

Also video capture doesn't seem to work as I have no shadowplay footage available and any screen shots I take are just the desktop?

Pretty sure this is a legit tactic.

Have you ever tried building a helipad?

Do you know how fast they build?

Please don't tell me you had 99999999 starting money.

This does highlight though that apaches are overpowered as fuck.

Even with 10K you can go straigth for apaches with no ref and build 5-6 for an all in, that's what probably happened.

It mostly highlights that scouting and anti-scouts are underrated in TD, though.

yeeeah... buildings that come with a free unit (refinery, helipad) basically build at the speed of a building with the price of the added unit subtracted. For the $1500 helipad with its $1200 helicopter, that means it builds at the speed of a $300 building; like, say, a barracks, or power plant.

And the more buildings of one production type you have, the faster you can build units with it, meaning that after about 4 helipads it becomes really fast to build actual extra helicopters on them too. So that's double speed bonus on building helis.

Also video capture doesn't seem to work as I have no shadowplay footage available and any screen shots I take are just the desktop?

That's peculiar. Aren't you using cnc-ddraw? That allows you to switch to different renderers, and even has the built-in [ctrl]+[s] as "dump screenshot into game folder" shortcut.

I bet he also sold his CY for 2 more Apaches and "1" engineer + some infantry out of the CY.

With 10k starting credits, you can reach 9 Apaches in total.

Where crates on? A money crate at the beginning can make a huge difference.

Where crates on? A money crate at the beginning can make a huge difference.

Or an Apache crate.  :laugh:

Wait, can you get Apaches in crates?  :huh:

No, only airplanes would be an airstrike.

But crates surely break the game more often than you think. Once I scouted with a buggy on a "long distance" map. Once entering the other dudes base, a wild crate appears. It contained a commando and some other infantry for me. It was super effective. Blowing up his base within 5 minutes of the game.

This victory left a bitter taste. But I am sure losing would also taste bitter in this way.

Ever thought of trying it yourself? Getting 9 appaches the way I described and simply screw the other guy?

You don't need cheats to get that many apaches in the beginning of the game. Like everyone said, it's not that hard to get 5+ apaches in the first minute because of its building speed. This is pretty common with starting credits more than 10K.

Yeah, unfortunately, even if you scout the apaches they are REALLY hard to stop.

And when I say scout them, I mean, see the harvester leave the enemy base in a fishy way.

If you've gone bar/HoN, 2xref into WF/strip, you need to cancel the strip, and build 2 more bar/HoN and pump rocket men...

Even then, if the harvs squashes too many guys or even soaks up too much rocket fire, the apaches can still kill the con yard.

You'll surely get many wins with this, but it obviously means short games... Personally I don't get much out of a win unless I feel like I earn it. But each to their own, I guess :S

This sort of stuff is the reason that a TD ladder would be useless.

• Upvote 1