2on2 Tournament Information and Sign Ups

XXxPrePxX

[glow=red,2,300]2on2 Tournament October 2016[/glow]

The aim of this tournament is to showcase incredible teamwork, skill, and traditional Yuri's Revenge game play. We hope that the map list and chosen tournament combatants will provide the community with an excellent stream of games.

We already have a few teams signed up. The sign up process has completed.

We will be selecting a total of 8 teams. The 8 teams will be selected based on skill, reputation, past tournament activity, and if the combatants have an extensive history of playing as teammates together. We want the best possible teams with the best possible teamwork capability, and teams that we know will play their series in a timely fashion. As this is a 2on2 tournament, a total of 5 players will need to be online to start a series so we will require that you post an easily accessible way to be contacted. 

Prize Allotment

Permitting the donators are true to their word, prize allocation will be a total of $200.

$75 to each player of the first place team.

$25 to each player of the second place team.

Time Frame

The tournament will start November 10, 2016.

Time frame is subject to change based on demand for the tournament. We expect all applications to be able to play their games within a month of tournament start.

Rules

On Yuri

obey_yuri_by_mixsan-d9i7ejt.png

Yuri will be allowed. Only one Yuri per team will be allowed in any given game.

Series format

Series will be played as a best of 9. The first team to win 5 games moves on. This will be a double elimination tournament meaning your team will need to lose two series to be officially out. The bracket will be of the form https://www.printyourbrackets.com/8teamdoubleelimination.html.

Settings

Short game: On

MCV Repacks: On

Superweapons: On

Crates: OFF

Destroyable Bridges: ON

Multi Engineer: ON

Build Off Ally: ON

No engi eat: OFF

**Please remember to turn ON Build Off Ally for games to be played in the tournament.**

Maps

The first map will be played on Offense Defense. The losing team of a given game will pick the next map and spots. All spots must be traditional/natural 2on2 spots (example: left vs right on DMZ (NOT top vs bottom))

Maps can only be played one time during any series.

• Heck Freezes Over (left vs. right)
  • Heck Freezes Over (top vs bottom) (Note: Heck can be played twice in a series)
  • Montana DMZ (left vs right)
  • Dry heat (spots 12 vs. 34)
  • Snow Valley (spots 12 vs 34)
  • Face Down (spots 14 vs 23)
  • Roundhouse kick (spots 14 vs 23)
  • Country Swing (spots 12 vs. 34)
  • Death Valley Girl (left vs right)
  • Heartland (spots 12 vs 34)
  • South Pacific (left vs right)
  • Hammer Sickle (left vs right)
  • Tour of Egypt (left vs right)
  • Double Trouble (spots 12 vs 34)
  • Stormy Weather (top left vs bottom right)

Tournament Disclaimers

Disconnects during a clear advantage will be viewed as a loss.

Spying your ally is not allowed under any circumstances.

Alting will not be allowed in this tournament.

Streaming

For a game to be official, it must be streamed. For competitors looking to play their series, it is a good idea to have/get in contact with at least one of the following.

• Joe aka [AuF]RuLeR

More to be determined prior to tournament start.

We will also try and provide commentary for as many matches as possible. If you wish to provide commentary, please feel free to get in touch with one of the streamers.

If you wish to sign up and potentially play in this tournament, please fill out the form here (copy and paste it).

We will accept ALL sign ups until the deadline date. We then will pick the most appropriate 8 teams based on earlier listed criteria. If there is an incredible amount of demand, we will look into holding a second tournament.

Player 1:
Player 2:
Please provide a point of contact for the team (Skype, preferrably): 

To those who signed up previously,...

Please refill out the form above to confirm your status as willing participants. This is in response to the following sign-ups we've seen:

Ankarar & Gun Man

Sora & Aoi

Applications

Team: ZigZag and Andy

Team: Insaiyan and Pablo

Team: Buffalo and Justin

contact: Buff skype: a42below1 Justin skype: dicksoutforharambe

Team: XWIS Adam and Expand

Team: Nawb and Korc

Team: uJasT and neMi

Team: Ankarar & Gun_Man

Team: Alexeyk & Reptoh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marko, the rules state that all games must be played with natural spots. In stormy weather that means that teams will start together on each side. :)

I've modified my statement on Stormy weather to better reflect this. I see how there could have been confusion.

Kavinsky

[AuF] Rival

Ico0 

i will play with any of you and you can keep all the money when we win.  if you guys don't want to that is fine as well just thought id offer.

Personally i dont care, if you can find a m8 .....rival dont 2v2, marko will only play with latof, ico0 u should ask.

Currently im in the cone (track) of Hurricane Matthew. I should know in the next couple days the potential for impact. If impacted I could be without internet for week/weeks and possibly without a home as well as i live within a couple blocks of beach. That said, in the event of said potential imminent destruction, things could be postponed on my end. I expect to know by wednesday evening .

Kavinsky

[AuF] Rival

Ico0 

i will play with any of you and you can keep all the money when we win.  if you guys don't want to that is fine as well just thought id offer.

if u get a mate, don't be surprised if your games never happen as your times won't ever be appropriate for a streamer, and when you are ready and arrange a time, the streamer won't turn up and when u win - it won't be a win, u will have to wait.

and then if you ever query it, you will be shot down by the tournament organisers.............

oh wait....  :O

It looks like the deadline to get this done by tomorrow (Friday October 7th) was too ambitious. I'll have to keep open sign ups for the next couple of weeks and this tournament will likely begin closer to November.

I've updated the initial thread to reflect this.

None of the previously mentioned teams commented on this post assuring me/us that they would be available for this tournament.

From the view of this thread, I only have 2 teams. Insaiyan and Pablo and Andy + ZigZag.

I prefer to collect around 10-12 teams. And I want the best possible tournament, meaning the best possible players. Some good teams are here, but I think if I wait a week or two more, there will be some other teams of interest to join.

None of the previously mentioned teams commented on this post assuring me/us that they would be available for this tournament.

From the view of this thread, I only have 2 teams. Insaiyan and Pablo and Andy + ZigZag.

I prefer to collect around 10-12 teams. And I want the best possible tournament, meaning the best possible players. Some good teams are here, but I think if I wait a week or two more, there will be some other teams of interest to join.

I don't think any team, including myself, knew that we had to confirm again that we would like to play in another topic buddy.

I would maybe PM all of the said players above, and u will probably find you have your teams (and I have seen a number of time saying you needed 8 teams)

To those who signed up previously,...

Please refill out the form above to confirm your status as willing participants. This is in response to the following sign-ups we've seen:

AuFmindwar and NraBuffallo

ujasT with neMi

Expand and [XWIS]Adam

Ankarar & Gun Man

Sora & Aoi

Nawb & Sodwsov

It is in the initial thread. I understand many gloss over it, but it would be nice to get a better connection to ensure tournament success. Being that I don't even play, I don't even know who ujast/nemi, ankarar/gunman, sora/aoi, and a few others even are.

Besides the point that Joe is surviving a hurricane right now, so we need at least another week anyway.

This will just be a reminder that we are looking for sign ups in this thread to help facilitate who *Actually* wants to participate now that we have the rules and tournament information available.

Just to get it in order:

Looking: Kinky looking for ico or Sunny or Marko // koreamigx aka Sodswsov looking for a partner.

So we have 4 teams from this thread so far. Keep the applications coming!

Just to get it in order:

Looking: Kinky looking for ico or Sunny or Marko // koreamigx aka Sodswsov looking for a partner.

So we have 4 teams from this thread so far. Keep the applications coming!

my skype is a42below1 and justins is dicksoutforharambe

Just to get it in order:

contact: Buff skype: a42below1 Justin skype: dicksoutforharambe

Team: Nawb and Sodswsov (permitting sodswsov agrees)

Looking: Kinky looking for ico or Sunny or Marko

That's 5 applications so far.