2017 Tiberian Sun Pro Guide Available Worldwide (physical copy)

chill

So many comments, but I'm just going to leave this one here:

If you are reproducing any of my guide content for financial gain, you are breaking the law.

No one gains from this dude, it's an attempt to help out Tiberian Sun which is bigger then you. Thanks for taking the time to make the first guide.

@Mole

By the looks of it he thinks Kaizen built upon your guide, but the two are way different.

Doesn't look like your guide is even in his book.

No, it's not. But... Mole's is a good guide & something people might want to read prior to reading Kaizen's guide is all & it did make for a good prequel is all... Ya'll think way, way to much, jesus christ lol, basically, TS has been around for a long time so read these guides by players before you play.

• 1 month later...

Ex TS player from back in the days, I never realised it's been over 17 years since I played this game when it first came out. Where did the time go  ;)

It's going to take a while to read through everything but I thought i'd at least comment on some of the guides. Firstly hats off for writing up those guides, it certainly jogged my memory on a lot of aspects within the game i'd long forgotten. I wouldn't even want to think about how long it would take of in game time to relearn all those long forgetten little secrets on top of micro/macro skills.

1 or 2 things not mentioned which i do remember ;)

So in the mole40k guide that i looked through, it seemed to say that the Cyborg for Nod was just a scout and was all in all a shite unit. That's actually so far from the truth in terms of ranked play back in the days. Depending on the time of the month you could cyborg rush your way into the top 50 quite easily. I would hardly call that a crap unit, if anything an incredibly deadly early game unit. Mid game/late game it would be a useful harrass (send it off to kill enemy harvesters late game) or even multi pronged attacks (nukes, chem nukes, banshee and cyborg hitting 4 different locations at the same time!!!). Fun times back then so I take umbridge on that faithful war dog of a unit for Nod ;)

Also it was mentioned to use silos/power plants when expanding across maps to tib fields. Again back in the day I never did that, I would just build extra refinaries along the way to the new fields so i'm gaining more harvesters whilst at the same time increasing my tib storage capacity. hp of a ref was far in excess of silos so it left you vunerable to cheap hits which could cost you huge sums of money that will lose you the game if you go into late game. I know if I saw silos being used as stepping stones then I would always target those first.

Ex TS player from back in the days, I never realised it's been over 17 years since I played this game when it first came out. Where did the time go  ;)

It's going to take a while to read through everything but I thought i'd at least comment on some of the guides. Firstly hats off for writing up those guides, it certainly jogged my memory on a lot of aspects within the game i'd long forgotten. I wouldn't even want to think about how long it would take of in game time to relearn all those long forgetten little secrets on top of micro/macro skills.

So in the mole40k guide that i looked through, it seemed to say that the Cyborg for Nod was just a scout and was all in all a shite unit. That's actually so far from the truth in terms of ranked play back in the days. Depending on the time of the month you could cyborg rush your way into the top 50 quite easily. I would hardly call that a crap unit, if anything an incredibly deadly early game unit. Mid game/late game it would be a useful harrass (send it off to kill enemy harvesters late game) or even multi pronged attacks (nukes, chem nukes, banshee and cyborg hitting 4 different locations at the same time!!!). Fun times back then so I take umbridge on that faithful war dog of a unit for Nod ;)

Also it was mentioned to use silos/power plants when expanding across maps to tib fields. Again back in the day I never did that, I would just build extra refinaries along the way to the new fields so i'm gaining more harvesters whilst at the same time increasing my tib storage capacity. hp of a ref was far in excess of silos so it left you vunerable to cheap hits which could cost you huge sums of money that will lose you the game if you go into late game. I know if I saw silos being used as stepping stones then I would always target those first.

If you did these things back then, then you could easily compete with kaizen and nodrescue today. They are all equally shit

If you did these things back then, then you could easily compete with kaizen and nodrescue today. They are all equally shit

lol, cosigned

Thanks for the laugh ^. QED, I'd appreciate it if you didn't do a disservice to those of us who were playing back then. Myself and the good players from back then never did that. What nicks were you playing under back then?

I played on date of release until mid 2000 when I quit because westwood/EA did jack all to stop the online hackers in ranked games with the username QED. And i'm sory but EVERYONE back then did a cyborg/banshe 3 min rush as NOD or a disrupter/mammoth rush to win the game in 3 mins. Obviously if you defended that silly rush then you coul have a proper game

Oh I used to play on my smurf account RAChamp near the end of the month just to mess with some kids who were desperately trying to get into the Top 10 and thought they could beat up a "newbie" for free points. Fun times

Nah mate, back in those days I was in my early 20's and I had great reaction speeds and my multi-tasking/touch typing meant my fingers would fly across the keyboard. I'm now in my 40's and i'll let you work out what 20 years of boozing and other stuff do to your reaction speed.

I'm a crusty old gamer now so I can't handle playing RTS, it has to be turn based so my brain can handle it lol

Just to be clear, you said 'cyborg' so Corps, Wuss and myself all took that to mean 'cyborg infantry', but from your following posts you seem to be talking about 'cyborg commando' (cc), a completely different unit.

Cyborg infantry = crap

Cyborg commando = not crap

I certainly didn't say CC is crap in my guide.

Back in those days, the large majority of truly elite players that reconned only did so after requesting a screen shot and once one was provided they would give a free win.

Lots of exceptions to this off course, but as you mentioned before EA ruining TS is what caused for the need for them to do this.

Just to be clear, you said 'cyborg' so Corps, Wuss and myself all took that to mean 'cyborg infantry', but from your following posts you seem to be talking about 'cyborg commando' (cc), a completely different unit.

Cyborg infantry = crap

Cyborg commando = not crap

I certainly didn't say CC is crap in my guide.

My bad and I apologise for not reading your guide correctly, It's been a while so I was trying to skim read the tactics. I'd forgotten the lingo (it's nigh on 20 years!) that I should have really called it a CC, yes the infantry for 100 creds was crap ;)