Least Favorite Map that Other people enjoy

XXxPrePxX

So, to piggyback off the "what's your favorite map" thread, I thought I'd make this thread.

1. Arena 33 forever -- This is a map that my style of gameplay absolutely rapes at. I dominate this map. I love getting tech buildings, applying pressure right away, and destroying my opponent by taking all gems. Unfortunately, this map is really all about a dog battle and the first 90 seconds of gameplay (securing the middle derricks). This is especially prevelant on the left and right sides as whoever gets one oil derrick, usually gets both. This provides a pretty uneven gameplay dynamic. Fun map, but there are better 3on3 maps out there.

2. Country Swing -- Classic map but this is a 1 or 2 bo fits all map. You have basic bo's that you play on this map in 2on2 and its almost always the same. The ore eventually runs out, you sell buildings, its a good game but its the same thing everytime!

3. Blood feud/Dune patrol - overplayed and they are much too simplistic. People like them because their easy to play and learn, but if they use these maps to gauge how good a player truly is, then they are missing 90% of the actual game. 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, XXxPrePxX said:

2. Country Swing -- Classic map but this is a 1 or 2 bo fits all map. You have basic bo's that you play on this map in 2on2 and its almost always the same. The ore eventually runs out, you sell buildings, its a good game but its the same thing everytime!

3. Blood feud/Dune patrol - overplayed and they are much too simplistic. People like them because their easy to play and learn, but if they use these maps to gauge how good a player truly is, then they are missing 90% of the actual game. 

Agree with these two completely. And on the points too.
If any of you want to learn to play better, stop playing that god damn dune patrol over and over again. 

• Upvote 2

i totally disagree with you in the first two maps but i agree in the last two .

cs(contry swing) is so amazing and most of players like it.

arena 33 so good to play 3 VS 3 t v b good for all factions 

blood feud /dune patrol small maps = dis advantige for allies and power for soviets and yuri ,unless you defended well and get tech fast so you may have chance to win bunch of rhinos hopefuly dont die vs desos(in mirage case) or win the tanks fight with grezlly tanks 

• Upvote 2

1-DEFCON i rly don't like this map at all always fight for midd or korea rush with air
2-Snow valley every1 enjoys playin this map but for some reason i don't like it  i should hv a good reason for why i hate these 2 but i actually don't lol i just don't enjoy playing them

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2017 at 1:39 AM, XXxPrePxX said:

Blood feud/Dune patrol - overplayed and they are much too simplistic. People like them because their easy to play and learn, but if they use these maps to gauge how good a player truly is, then they are missing 90% of the actual game. 

+1

Alaskan shit oil , may day , hammer sickle,

I'm not surprised to see Defcon 6 getting some hate. In 1on1 matches, it was always a map I hated playing as I felt it was one of the maps that a much lesser skilled player could get a lucky win against me on. Too easy to lame and there is serious moments in the early going that could dictate the game based on a drone or one unlucky move.

• Upvote 1

montana DMZ--

Every1 likes it and thinks its balanced. I just see TR having garrison structures around a completely uncontested expansion-to-gems point via tech airport, as well as not having to move conyard. Also, left side has a harder time defending anyway cuz their base is further away from bridges.  U know ur smiling when u spawn TR gentlemen, dont lie! 

2 hours ago, Lucifer said:

montana DMZ--

Every1 likes it and thinks its balanced. I just see TR having garrison structures around a completely uncontested expansion-to-gems point via tech airport, as well as not having to move conyard. Also, left side has a harder time defending anyway cuz their base is further away from bridges.  U know ur smiling when u spawn TR gentlemen, dont lie! 

Kinda True but left side got more gems than the right one still not much but maybe just a little bit fair bcuz of that

• Upvote 1

I fricken hate modded maps with a passion, which usually contain some form of infinite money. Stuff like Redzones, Beach Front, Top vs bottom, etc. Without a limited supply of money it just becomes a matter of who can keep making units and play the longest:

1. Its all about unit spam

2. you can't do some sneaky attack such as using chrono legionaires or paradrop because their entire base is filled with gap generators, and they probably have way too many buildings to do any meaningful damage

3. Harassing your opponent is useless since there is infinite money

4. Allies is the only viable faction due to gap generators

5. Superweapons are almost never on, further emphasizing unit spam. At least superweapons will actually make the unit spamming game sort of dynamic and will make the players actually think and strategize, but the people who play these maps often refuse to play with them

6. You can't force an engagement unless if its inside their base, which if you do so you will obviously lose.

7. Expanding from the above point, from my experience, games are often ended when one person gets impatient, gets bored, or doesn't have enough time to sit on their ass for 2 hours and attacks his/her opponent, often at their base where they will retreat to

8. Removes fundamental elements in this game which makes ra2/yuri revenge fun, such as economy, micro, multitasking, harassing, etc. Only leaves the macromanagement component of the game.

I can't think of a single reason why so many people play these maps on CNCnet-- they seem very popular, which may explain the poor skill level for the playerbase of CNCnet for standard and default type games. This rant I just made is not intended whatsoever to insult or discourage players who enjoy playing these types of maps-- I still respect what you do.

• Upvote 1

Generally, I agree that infinite money/mod maps are terrible, however, there are some decent variations of them.

I played a lot of beach frontier for a while, even did some 1on1's vs piners on there and had great games. The unfortunate thing occurs when people build 8 MCVS to take advantage of fast base building and then the game diverges into a massive camp fest. Usually, I don't let me opponents do that on beach frontier as I assault them with land air and sea early enough to force them from building 8 mcvs right away. It's a different story when they have 8 war facs up and can produce an mcv in seconds, tho.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Generally, I agree that infinite money/mod maps are terrible, however, there are some decent variations of them.

I played a lot of beach frontier for a while, even did some 1on1's vs piners on there and had great games. The unfortunate thing occurs when people build 8 MCVS to take advantage of fast base building and then the game diverges into a massive camp fest. Usually, I don't let me opponents do that on beach frontier as I assault them with land air and sea early enough to force them from building 8 mcvs right away. It's a different story when they have 8 war facs up and can produce an mcv in seconds, tho.

That was what my last beach frontier game looked like. This was made harder because I was soviets, which suck at long games without superweapons.

Maps that I generally avoid are hammer&sickle and sedona pass. Whoever gets the top right position in the map gets early gems and a bridge to anti-scout and camp on their ass. The fact that crates are often enabled doesn't help either. And its often played by noobs who camp by blowing the bridge and camp. 

Sedona pass on ra2 mode is fine as allies don't have OP battle fortress and shit but on YR mode its hell. Becomes a long ass battle. 

There are also some noobs that change the settings to whatever besides the default on certain map to support whatever wonky build order they do which would never work on normal circumstances. An example is that this one person on Tsunami set the starting credits to 100,000 and built twelve harriers and attacked by MCV. He didn't even build any naval at all, and later when I scouted with an amphibious transport, he didn't have any units other than harriers and gis dropped by paras. He had only 1 miner. It was just disgusting. Obviously the second time I destroyed him.

Edited by GG1324

Agree wholeheartedly with the dune patrol/blood feud thing.  Other than those two I don't really mind maps.  Some are unbalanced like Country Swing and Montana DMZ, so I don't like to pick them as host.  But if we're doing a teamed 2 v 2 and the host team selects one of these maps and takes bottom or right side respectively, we all know what the deal is there.

i like me some infinite money maps on occasion. Although i can see them being much lamer on yuriz than ra2 due to the nature of "super units". i.e. battlefortress 

Although gap gens make it really gay for soviets. I think with a no gap-gen rule, infinite money maps are damn legit, at least on ra2 

The worst map ever in either ra2 and yuris revenge is "the hills have eyes" 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ZAIN said:

Hill have eyes is a decent map why do you hate it makes no sense franky

zainy brainy....Top's gems are so far and so vulnerable to harassment-- it pretty much gives bottom both map control and a better economy. Which allows bottom to...do whatever bottom wants while top will be happy to see 2:30. Its like starting a chess game without any bishops hhhhh :blushing:

11 hours ago, Lucifer said:

zainy brainy....Top's gems are so far and so vulnerable to harassment-- it pretty much gives bottom both map control and a better economy. Which allows bottom to...do whatever bottom wants while top will be happy to see 2:30. Its like starting a chess game without any bishops hhhhh :blushing:

Well i have seen you playing lbl 100 of times false argument bro , prolly lbl is  your fav map :P