New website released

Grant

Hello,

Welcome to our new CnCNet website. Further to our forums update the other week, we've now set our new website live too!

Take a look!

18155845_1267908903328711_2346784614800225511_o.thumb.png.9c27c75a4f91cfb4efa2113998eca7b5.png

New features coming soon:

• Multi-lingual support
  • New Player Online graphs
  • New Twitch.tv Live page

Big thanks to everyone who helped out. 

Let us know what you think, and if you spot something out of place or incorrect, let us know. :cncsmirk:

• Upvote 1

• Grant featured this topic

The general design is pretty good, well done to everyone involved! It's also nice to once again see a Renegade server list.

The only thing I'd change are the somewhat misleading (especially in the case of RA2/YR/Ren) "Download & Play Online, Free" buttons. Why not change that text to simply "Download Client" or something?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rampastring said:

https://cncnet.org/download

"Download & Play Online Free."

For free.

The same also applies to all the different game download pages.

It still kinda hints at free releases of RA2/YR/Ren, which don't exist :P I get what you guys are trying to do with that, but that particular wording can't go right in this case.

(I also can't think of a reputable game server that you have to pay for.)

15 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

It still kinda hints at free releases of RA2/YR/Ren, which don't exist :P I get what you guys are trying to do with that, but that particular wording can't go right in this case.

(I also can't think of a reputable game server that you have to pay for.)

I was just complaining about the grammatical error. Seeing such mistakes on an otherwise very nicely done site hurts my brain. Especially when this is probably the 4th time I've pointed it out to Grant.

Oh and also the DTA link on the downloads page leads into a 404, because it points to Dawn of the Tiberian Age instead of Dawn of the Tiberium Age. https://cncnet.org/download

Edited by Rampastring

On 4/23/2017 at 6:58 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

The general design is pretty good, well done to everyone involved! It's also nice to once again see a Renegade server list.

The only thing I'd change are the somewhat misleading (especially in the case of RA2/YR/Ren) "Download & Play Online, Free" buttons. Why not change that text to simply "Download Client" or something?

It's pretty much a copy from the last site in that respect. I'm going to apply some changes to make this more clear.

Edit: I've updated the site copy for RA2/YR/Ren to be a little more clear. It might take a couple of hours for cache to clear. 

2 hours ago, Rampastring said:

I miss the network status graph. Especially the one from 2013 or something when it showed the activity separately for each game.

Me too!  It was awesome to see exactly what time of day Tiberian Sun peaked, so I could play during those peaks and not waste my time waiting on games!

I've added the old sites work in progress graph that never really got seen. It still needs improving, and the stats it's reading is missing Mental Omega.  Should fill the void for now. (When cache clears in a couple of hours)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...