Getting rid of bad trends on CnCNet

aWarNoob1

Excessive crate games, tour of egypt games with rigid rules, certain mod maps.

Ima try to promote pro games on here by hosting and rotating through official game maps and not kicking the newbs anymore. Lets train these guys so we can have a pro community worth playing against.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I think Nyerguds alludes to the point that we can't police people into playing more competitive games. It's good that we have activity, all we can do is try and help players by showing them what the game could be about if they tried.

In the end, a lot of people play just to build units, a base and then mash their units together, nothing we can do about that!

The best thing that can change a newb into a pro is a ladder as it forces the newb to see what it takes to compete / to understand his/her own inadequacies. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, aWarNoob1 said:

Ima try to promote pro games on here by hosting and rotating through official game maps and not kicking the newbs anymore. Lets train these guys so we can have a pro community worth playing against.

let's create help team here .

why ?

i know how hard it is in start ,(im not new ,i stated in 2004 playing the game skirmish games and lan games but online so hard it was to me thank god i got helped by few people here =)

You know what would be a bigger improvement over training random newbs?

Getting the other skilled players more involved in the community. Players like RT1, Karamboo, serbia_1, Chandlerr, Davidoff, etc. etc. who are on CNCNet a lot but rarely ever communicate on the forums etc.

There is a wide range of players on the game of varying skill levels that are all good players, but if they were here on the forums and communicating we could have more tournaments and more competitive based challenges which would be good for everyone in terms of skill level.

13 hours ago, aWarNoob1 said:

So are you gonna train people or are you the one needing traning? :P Sure i joined you the other week and we where playing some mod 8 player version of sedonna pass,  i also seem to remember you consistently having 'sov-war' styled  games with no v3's, no chopper's and boris only on defense on Sedonna 3v3 for months on end and those are some pretty rigid rules..

Hypocrisy at its finest albert. :P

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ZiGZaG said:

So are you gonna train people or are you the one needing traning? :P Sure i joined you the other week and we where playing some mod 8 player version of sedonna pass,  i also seem to remember you consistently having 'sov-war' styled  games with no v3's, no chopper's and boris only on defense on Sedonna 3v3 for months on end and those are some pretty rigid rules..

Hypocrisy at its finest albert. :P

Lol

i think it's good idea but as it's just an idea not evey1 thinking as nice as u r or even think about other players they see a player they don't know his name even if he's good they just kick not even ask him there's such players around so it's hard as the best idea to help new players will be by modded maps vs AI

You know what would be a bigger improvement over training random newbs?

Getting the other skilled players more involved in the community. Players like RT1, Karamboo, serbia_1, Chandlerr, Davidoff, etc. etc. who are on CNCNet a lot but rarely ever communicate on the forums etc.

There is a wide range of players on the game of varying skill levels that are all good players, but if they were here on the forums and communicating we could have more tournaments and more competitive based challenges which would be good for everyone in terms of skill level.

I've actually only recently been able to get back into my cncnet (forum) account.  The password reset function wasn't working until the latest forum upgrade.

There's usually one/two "good" or "pro" game going on at any one time - but always team games.  Very rarely do you see competitive 1v1 matches. The obvious answer is that if people play some form of competition (ladder or whatever) then that will make them more skilled/competitive.

Edited by Chandler
included quote.
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, XXxPrePxX said:

Yeah, I think Nyerguds alludes to the point that we can't police people into playing more competitive games. It's good that we have activity, all we can do is try and help players by showing them what the game could be about if they tried.

In the end, a lot of people play just to build units, a base and then mash their units together, nothing we can do about that!

The best thing that can change a newb into a pro is a ladder as it forces the newb to see what it takes to compete / to understand his/her own inadequacies. 

Nyerguds alludes to alot of things alot of the times:cnc3:

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, Chandler said:

I've actually only recently been able to get back into my cncnet (forum) account.  The password reset function wasn't working until the latest forum upgrade.

There's usually one/two "good" or "pro" game going on at any one time - but always team games.  Very rarely do you see competitive 1v1 matches. The obvious answer is that if people play some form of competition (ladder or whatever) then that will make them more skilled/competitive.

I have been hosting lobbies as "1v1 vs GG Player" get lots of people joining, join next time :)!