[Bug Report] Custom maps cause YR client to crash / not load.

[CC] RaVaGe

Question

[Bug Report] Custom maps cause YR client to crash / not load.

Description:

I made some terrain edits to the official map "frostbite" and I added a new game mode under the map's [Basic] category called tournament, as I saw some custom maps using stuff like 'fast map' & ' survival' as a game mode. I thought it would be a great way to organise the maps under specific categories as the game client seems to pick up on these custom game modes and list maps accordingly. 

However, when some one joins the game while hosting the edited map frostbite custom and the game mode is set to 'Tournament'  their game client crashes after 2-3 seconds.

When the game mode is set to 'Standard'' on the same map the map transfers without a crash, however when starting the game, the host of the game doesn't load, from other player's perspective, from the host's perspective, only he/she loads into the game.

The 'standard' game mode is provided with the original game and maps and is normally used for the default 'battle'  game mode and also official tournament/ladder play on the official servers.

I've also had the problem where when joining a game with a custom map the map transfers, but the game doesn't load at the first attempt when starting a match, just get stuck on the loading screen. Usually the second attempt to load into the game works, however sometimes the problem persists. 

Here is the only ini code that was changed on the map, not the tournament game mode. (when removed  the map still doesn't load on game start)

[Basic]
Name=[4] Frostbite
Theme=No theme
Percent=0
GameMode=standard, teamgame, tournament
InitTime=10000
Official=no
EndOfGame=no
FreeRadar=no
MaxPlayer=4
MinPlayer=2
SkipScore=no
TrainCrate=no
TruckCrate=no
OneTimeOnly=no
CarryOverCap=0
NewINIFormat=4
NextScenario=
SkipMapSelect=no
AltNextScenario=
MultiplayerOnly=1
IceGrowthEnabled=no
VeinGrowthEnabled=no
TiberiumGrowthEnabled=yes
IgnoreGlobalAITriggers=no
TiberiumDeathToVisceroid=no

Please see attachment to replicate the bugs.

frostbite.map

• Upvote 1

1 answer to this question