The system cannot find the file specified

ReRe

Question

Hello. I haven't played in quite a while and my computer seems to have forgotten how to find and run the proper files when I click on "Play Online", "Skirmish", or "LAN". Whenever I click any of these three buttons a window appears and it says "The system cannot find the file specified". 

I assume that the easiest and quickest way to solve this issue would be to uninstall and then reinstall the game. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to safely and completely uninstall the program. I wouldn't want any files to linger. They could cause unexpected issues with the reinstalled game.

Perhaps there is a simple way to fix this without uninstalling. I simply don't know. 

I would very much like to play online multiplayer again. Please help.

4 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, ReRe said:

I see.

So, I know how to access and restore files that my antivirus has blocked but I'm not sure exactly what file is missing.

I suppose I could take a look through the list. Perhaps it will stand out as the obvious choice.

I'll check back here before I do anything I'm not sure about.

"Play Online", "Skirmish", or "LAN" will all start "cncnet5.exe"

I see.

So, I know how to access and restore files that my antivirus has blocked but I'm not sure exactly what file is missing.

I suppose I could take a look through the list. Perhaps it will stand out as the obvious choice.

I'll check back here before I do anything I'm not sure about.