What do you find "lags" Yuri's Revenge?

Grant

Any particular actions, or things that you do, or build? If there's something repeatable that you'd like to bring up give us some instructions on how to reproduce so we can investigate.

Repeatedly pressing "T" (select all units of a type)

For instance, today we just found that using the "T" hotkey repeatedly with and without selecting a unit, drops the FPS of the game down to around 40-45. That's huge! @dkeeton helped find a potential fix for it so far and it's working great. (Yet to be pushed live pending further tests)

• Grant featured this topic

I've noticed that I get a bit of mouse input lag in multiplayer games, when I manually set the /framesendrate to 6 it seems to reduce the effect, but it's still noticeable.

I've had this issue ever since Windows Vista came out and all the OS Upgrades after that. The lag makes the mouse cursor feel like a slinky/spring making it quite difficult to accurately click stuff in an intense match.

Edited by FReQuEnZy
  • Like 1

Most annoying are people with pings >100ms...  is it maybe possible to somehow drop packets if you have ping > 100?

Also I don´t understand the following: if a player has some issues and is dropped back to game lobby during mapload... why do all others still have to wait for eternatiy until the game starts? would it be possible to instantly drop all players back to lobby if one does not load?

Edited by v2elite
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, scalpem said:

Hitting Tab lags the game. For some it even lags them out of the game entirely.

yea with win 10 specially they have that issue also iam win 10 and i don't hv that but i saw lots of ppl sayin so like gun-man if he pressed tab he might lag out the game

• Like 1

In survival maps: when players has alot of buildings and units, and AI isn't attacking, game going without lags.

But as AI attacking wave appears, game always slows down untill the last AI's unit dies in this wave. I think this caused by the current attack algorithms / or AI's pathfinding / or both reasons (AI's pathfinding while attack).

• Like 1

Just like with almost every other older PC game, the lack of optimization for multi-core CPUs. My previous PC which had a 3.3Ghz dual core and a really old HDD would run the games insanely fast on CNCNet. The mini-tower I have now has an SSD and a Core-i5 with almost the same Ghz and identical Internet connection and it's noticeably slower.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, FReQuEnZy said:

I've noticed that I get a bit of mouse input lag in multiplayer games, when I manually set the /framesendrate to 6 it seems to reduce the effect, but it's still noticeable.

I've had this issue ever since Windows Vista came out and all the OS Upgrades after that. The lag makes the mouse cursor feel like a slinky/spring making it quite difficult to accurately click stuff in an intense match.

So that is why sometimes i select my GI and press "D" and they not deploy? i have a lot of missing clics.